WWE RAW 15th October 2012 - LIVE Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
What's with your RYBACK hate PHX? Seems like you're scared that THE RYBACK might take the title.
Where did I hate on Ryback? If you've been reading my post you'd know I'm not against Ryback taking th belt off Punk. My issue is with how soon they're doing it. He wins he wins it too soon, he loses they hurt his momentum and kill something possibly special they could have in him.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Is it really panic mode to say Punk ain't working when he's had over a year and they still haven't gotten tangible results like with giving the ball to Cena, Dave, Edge, or Jeff? I can't call it a panic as much as a much need swerve
What are you talking about? Punk has been doing good as far as bringing in money from his comic con appearances, his merch, his DVD sold out fast as well. He has also been even more of a work horse with Cena down as well being the clear cut number 2 guy they can depend on. I don't see this as a panic move in spite of anybody but being desperate to make a star quick instead of the right way.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
The only thing down with Punk as champ has been ratings, and with a 2/3 hour show, the amount of people that blame it on just him are hilarious.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
I missed RAW but it sounded like it was a good show.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
What are you talking about? Punk has been doing good as far as bringing in money from his comic con appearances, his merch, his DVD sold out fast as well. He has also been even more of a work horse with Cena down as well being the clear cut number 2 guy they can depend on. I don't see this as a panic move in spite of anybody but being desperate to make a star quick instead of the right way.

Yeah can you blame the champion when he's the first match on the majority of the ppvs at the time and most of the main events are Cena? In that Logic then one that they need to focus less on is Cena. Personally it's not so much the main event as the rest of the roster.

Reaction score
Just finished watching it because I was watching some of the football game earlier.

What the hell was with everyone screwing up their lines and their voices squeaking during that final segment? Haha.

Reaction score
I think Ryback has something major going for him right now, but I also do think it's too soon for this for him. And I am a big supporter for Ryback. I think he is the WWE's next big thing! Sure, they have built Punk/Ryback pretty well because they didn't know if Cena would be able to go at Hell in the Cell, but what if the streak ends, then WWE screwed up in my opinion and took the momentum away from Ryback. If he wins the WWE title, how long does he hold it for? Because I think they have it set for Punk (C) versus The Rock at Royal Rumble!

Reaction score
I personally think they may try and set up Ryback/Lesnar for Wrestlemania if they let him take the title off of Punk. Does that mean he holds the title until Wrestlemania? No. But I think it'll give him momentum to have a big match at Wrestlemania.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Most people are forgetting the match is a HELL IN A CELL.

Ryback's undefeated... I'm going to say that Brock Lesnar returns and beats the crap out of Ryback making it a 2 on 1 allowing CM Punk to retain.

I watched MIZTV, Miz/Kofi and the ending. Those were all good... That's all I needed to watch.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
The only thing down with Punk as champ has been ratings, and with a 2/3 hour show, the amount of people that blame it on just him are hilarious.
They were down until Cena chased and Cena/Ace was shitting on his reign, Mania time when he and Jericho were reduced to third fiddle as they got beat horribly by the streak and Cena/Rock in terms of viewership, got dwarfed by Brock's two return feuds, Kane's return outdrew him and I could go on. The fact is he's been carried draw wise in comparing to other guys. It's a risk with ryback, but really it is an unknown they may have to gamble on.

They have went with every combo Punk could possibly be as the guy: clean drug free guy, crazy guy that snapped on Jeff, cult leader, nexus leader, rebel bad ass who is outspoken, good face who works for respect and plays the victim after being disparaged and having his skeletons brought out by Jericho, and now crazy ass crybaby ala Austin 01 with Heyman in place of Vince.

They know what Punks ceiling is, and they also know 3 hours or 2 hours that he isn't the major gainer of the show, he may be bigger than the others, but it ain't like being the 2 that Dave, Edge, Taker, HHH, and the like can pull off so they resort to bringing guys back or the part timers and Cena sparking the show all year and drawing for him, main eventing over the champ because he is not a tier A guy himself.

Ryback with his momentum could be the surprise they need to find stable balancing of the scales so there is two number 2s as opposed to a number 1 in Cena, a gap, Punk, and a gap to the other full timers

Last edited:

AF.

Reaction score
How was RAW? Anything worth watching?

Probably not, but I'm pretty bored at the moment.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
How was RAW? Anything worth watching?

Probably not, but I'm pretty bored at the moment.

I only watched MIZTV, Miz/Kofi and the ending. That is all. Entertained me.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
I liked Vince overall tonight. Was vintage McMahon. Miz TV was good, the contract signing was well done, and the tag matches weren't bad either. If anything came from tonight, the tag division got in a lot of work. I also liked Layla's interview about cancer as I can relate to what she was saying

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
They were down until Cena chased and Cena/Ace was shitting on his reign, Mania time when he and Jericho were reduced to third fiddle as they got beat horribly by the streak and Cena/Rock in terms of viewership, got dwarfed by Brock's two return feuds, Kane's return outdrew him and I could go on. The fact is he's been carried draw wise in comparing to other guys. It's a risk with ryback, but really it is an unknown they may have to gamble on.

They have went with every combo Punk could possibly be as the guy: clean drug free guy, crazy guy that snapped on Jeff, cult leader, nexus leader, rebel bad ass who is outspoken, good face who works for respect and plays the victim after being disparaged and having his skeletons brought out by Jericho, and now crazy ass crybaby ala Austin 01 with Heyman in place of Vince.

They know what Punks ceiling is, and they also know 3 hours or 2 hours that he isn't the major gainer of the show, he may be bigger than the others, but it ain't like being the 2 that Dave, Edge, Taker, HHH, and the like can pull off so they resort to bringing guys back or the part timers and Cena sparking the show all year and drawing for him, main eventing over the champ because he is not a tier A guy himself.

Ryback with his momentum could be the surprise they need to find stable balancing of the scales so there is two number 2s as opposed to a number 1 in Cena, a gap, Punk, and a gap to the other full timers
Funny you bring up Edge since they both are very similar in terms of status. Both finally became main eventers after years of work, both had break out moments to the main event path involving worked shoot controversy, both biggest feuds were with Cena, both were undisputed top heels, Edge retired in his late 30's and Punk will likely do the same. Main differences being Edge was never face so never had to worry about trying to compete for face of the company. So no matter how much you try and discredit Punk he is and has been the undisputed number 2 guy in the company since last year and as long as Cena didn't go out with a serious injury they were never gonna allow Punk to take his spot no matter how popular he got. You can bring up Batista but he was actually the number 1 guy for a little while until Cena took that from him after he got hurt not to mention they were on opposite brands.

So back to what this was originally about if they gave the belt to Ryback it would be nothing more than a transitional title reign as you and I both know they aren't gonna do Rock vs Ryback at the rumble so Punk would end up with the title back by Rumble time or even get a match with Rock at mania so either way Punk would come out perfectly fine. It's Ryback who gets screwed over if this isn't handled right. So more I think about it the more I'm thinking Ryback loses this match via Brock pulling some Kane 97 shit.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
They could push Ryback to the New Year's Raw. Or better yet have him lose at the twentieth anniversary which is in January before he rumble where Rock and many more legends are guaranteed to be at. That isn't really transitional length.