WWE RAW 15th April 2013 - LIVE Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Full blown heel for Ryback it is.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Some good stuff on RAW this week I thought.

Sheamus&Orton/Show, Kofi/Cesaro were good and Brock straight up killing the JOB Squad was good shit. Ryback's promo was impressive as hell, didn't know he had that in him but I guess we'll see how he does them out in the ring.

Couple of sour notes I had:

I'll get slaughtered for saying this i'm sure, but Ziggler just isn't world title material at all. Sure, tell me how good he is in the ring but that's about as far as qualities go. The whole wearing the belt backwards as he shakes his ass really annoys me too, just kills him for me.

Fandango still hasn't delivered anything for me to get excited over and believe all this hype he's getting. I'm never going to be able to listen to his promos when he's having to use that incredibly forced voice. I understand he needs to over exaggerate it a bit but jeez, tone it down a little. I understand they wanna try and capitalise on the popularity he's gotten recently, but that promo was just pure garbage. All that shit just to say his FAN-DAN-GO away line or whatever it was.

The Shield attacking Cena at the end of the show didn't really make any sense in furthering their storyline. Logically, they should have attacked Team Hell No since they're in a feud with them, have a match against them next week and have stopped them from beating down Taker & HHH in the space of a week. Them attacking Cena, as far as I can tell made absolutely zero sense for them, infact it just seemed to come out of nowhere just to appease the Ryback promo he cut earlier in the night. It was like they had no clue what to do so they used The Shield as cop out.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Although this Raw was coming after the hottest crowd in Raw history, I thought it was a good follow up.

CM Punk walking out, makes sense as how he pretty much protrayed himself out to be a failure in has last few months, also the dude is banged up and isn't even scheduled for the next PPV. Give his face a rest as he is out of the shuffle right now.

I don't think Fandango'ing has legs that will keep this guy over. Maybe I'm dead wrong, but judging that this is basically an internet meme, those barely last a few weeks. It is like that Southpark episode about Taylor Swifting.

And I guess that Zigglers first defense is a 3-way. I'm good with it, job out Swagger and keep the Del Rio feud going for another month or two. If you want to book this guy into a bonafide maineventer, you need to build him up strong, not saying he has to be all superman and dominate, but he has to be the great chickenshit champion that made JBL and CM Punk. He has the muscle, he has the hot chick to distract people, he has the tools.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Liked the fact that Lesnar destroyed 3MB, may as well use those guys as jobbers. Lesnar vs. HHH inside a steel cage should be great.

Kofi beating Cesaro for the title like that is such a waste. Why not actually create an actual storyline to make the title change mean something. Found it hilarious that Kofi said he brought the title home, Ghana.

Ryback's promo was impressive and brought up some good points. I like how the foccussed on Ryback saving Cena every single time yet whenever Ryback was being attacked Cena was nowhere to be found. Gives some meat to the feud and a good reason behind his turn on Cena.

Another title holder losing a non-title match, hopefully R-Truth ends up actually feuding with Barrett to make that loss mean something.

Punk walking away after three big loses makes sense and is a good way to write him out of storylines for a month or two whilst he rests.

The Shield attack on Cena only happened to show that Ryback wouldn't help Cena for the first time, doesn't really lead anywhere though for The Shield since they are feuding with Team Hell No. Gives them another scalp which is a good thing.

Ozymandias

Reaction score
Kofi beating Cesaro for the title like that is such a waste. Why not actually create an actual storyline to make the title change mean something. Found it hilarious that Kofi said he brought the title home, Ghana.

Didn't his family move to America when he was like, less than 1 year old? I'd say that makes him pretty American.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Didn't his family move to America when he was like, less than 1 year old? I'd say that makes him pretty American.

They did but WWE also promoted him as Jamaican for so long and then when they scrapped that would bring up the fact that he is from Ghana. Just find it humourous because of the conflicting message.

Ozymandias

Reaction score
They did but WWE also promoted him as Jamaican for so long and then when they scrapped that would bring up the fact that he is from Ghana. Just find it humourous because of the conflicting message.

That's true. Get him some stars and stripes tights :lol:

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
That's true. Get him some stars and stripes tights :lol:

Could be his new gimmick. Now that he is US champion his gimmick can adopt it's third country of origin and he can become MR USA

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Could be his new gimmick. Now that he is US champion his gimmick can adopt it's third country of origin and he can become MR USA

That, or they have a feud with Jack Swagger lined up with Kofi, and needed to take the title off the heel and give it to a somewhat over guy billed from Ghana, so Zeb can cut promos and Swagger can look stoned in the background. Real America needs a US title.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
sorry just now watching Raw wow did Heyman over sell that Cage match. I was really hoping for a first blood or last man standing. He said old school does that mean bars?

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
I was thinking the blue one with his description

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Going by his description though, I'm pretty sure he also said about flesh tearing and stuff which fits today's cage perfectly well, can't say the same for the old school bar.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Back to his description over sellin it though. Those cage matches are not the brutality he made them out to be.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
I'm sure it's just the cage they use nowadays. Unlike a First Blood match this can actually be a feud ender but for some reason I think they'll use this match to set up another match between the two at probably a bigger PPV.