WWE RAW 14th January 2013 - 20th Anniversary & Rock Concert

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
20130104_LIGHT_raw20th_C.jpg

1. The Great One to perform Rock Concert!
rock-punk-1-7-raw.jpg

The Rock already served notice to WWE Champion CM Punk — he will be taking his title at Royal Rumble. (MATCH PREVIEW) Last week on Raw, The Great One did what he does best and laid into Punk on the mic. (WATCH HIGHLIGHTS)

What else will The Rock have to say about Punk, Raw and his plans for 2013? The atmosphere is sure to be electric when The Brahma Bull comes to Toyota Center in Houston to help celebrate Raw’s 20th anniversary with a Rock Concert! (WATCH: 'ROCK CONCERT' PREVIEW)

2. Team Hell No to undergo four-month follow-up evaluation with Dr. Shelby
kane-raw-1-7-13.jpg

It’s been a rocky road for Team Hell No since their formation in 2012. They must be doing something right, though, as the duo continues to reign as WWE Tag Team Champions.

But what does Dr. Shelby think?

On Raw’s 20th anniversary, the good doctor returns for a four-month follow-up evaluation of Daniel Bryan and Kane. What will he discover about the unlikely pairing? (WATCH DR. SHELBY HIGHLIGHTS)

3. Kaitlyn gets her match with Divas Champion Eve
kaitlyn-1-7-13-raw.jpg

If there is any Diva, or Superstar for that matter, who exemplifies a never-give-up attitude it’s Kaitlyn … and she’s looked great all along the way! (HOT KAITLYN PHOTOS)

Time and time again,the powerhouse Diva has met any and every challenge thrown her way, including winning NXT Season 3 with no prior in-ring experience, a Divas No. 1 Contender’s Battle Royal last August, a Divas Championship No. 1 Contender’s Match against Layla last November and getting the winning pinfall over Divas Champion Eve in a Santa’s Helper Eight-Diva Tag Team Match on Christmas Eve. (WATCH)

Will the 20th anniversary of Raw usher in a new Divas Champion when Kaitlyn and Eve finally go one-on-one for the title?

4. Will 2013 be a good year for John Cena?
cena-1-7-raw.jpg

On the special New Year’s Eve edition of Raw, AJ Lee and Dolph Ziggler rattled off all of the loses John Cena endured in 2012. But the Cenation leader had the last word when the conniving couple was drenched in a smelly mess! (WATCH)

Things continued to go Cena’s way on the first Raw of 2013 when he defeated Ziggler with a blistering Attitude Adjustment. It certainly seems Cena has already left the past behind and is ready to take 2013 by the horns.

On Twitter, @JohnCena said: “… I wanted 2 thank @WWE universe ... For your unwavering #loyalty thru what hasn't really been a banner year 4 me. #nevergiveup 2013 the champ will be here!â€

What is in store for the 12-time World Champion in 2013?

5. What’s next for WWE Champion CM Punk?
punk1-7-13-raw.jpg

While John Cena had a rough 2012, WWE Champion CM Punk overcame countless challengers, as well as knee surgery, and somehow came through it all with his title still intact.

The new year kicked off with the champion surviving a brutal TLC Match with Ryback … thanks to some help from The Shield.But the landscape has changed now that The Rock is back and already scheduled to face Punk at the Royal Rumble. Is the clock ticking on Punk’s reign, as Rock claims? Or will Punk continue to find ways to back up his claims of being "Best in the World"?

Raw’s 20th anniversary special is sure to be an interesting start to a year of unknowns. Don’t miss it!
It's a landmark show so hopefully it delivers as such even though the advertising for it has been piss poor.

Love The Rock's concerts so hopefully we get some more good stuff from him like he did against Cena.

Can see Kaitlyn taking the belt at long last as it's rumoured to be a Lumberjill match.

Flair responded to Punk's "pipebomb" on wwe.com and there's been rumours that he'll be at the show to confront Punk.

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Looks like the show will be terrible

Another Rock concert for the freaking 10th time. Boring.

Flair/Punk just happened not to long ago, and wasn't that memorable. I have no wishes to see it again.

The Hell No thing should provide some laughs like always.

The only thing going to save this show would be a lot of decent to good matches, which I doubt will happen.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
hoping we see allot of big names old school guys in comedy segments 8D

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Dr. Shelby makes his illustrious return :mark: Hope this means we get some HAROLD as well.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Wonder if we get some segments of them back in class of does he show up on Raw from a in ring promo then TURNS HEEL! and costs them the tag titles.

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
Dr. Shelby makes his illustrious return :mark: Hope this means we get some HAROLD as well.

I seriously doubt it. From what I remember, a few weeks ago Scorpio Sky made some sort of racist remarks and WWE distanced themselves from him not long after.

If Kaitlyn doesn't win the Divas title in her hometown, i'll be shocked. This feud with Eve needs to end now, as it's gone on for long enough.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Will be online to watch but will miss the last 30-40 minutes.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Rock Concert, Kaitlyn probably winning and a good Hell No segment again? Sweet! No idea why WWE doesn't advertise anything, they seem to assume everyone has followed them on Twitter or visits their website.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
The lack of advertising for this show has been odd, I would have thought that they would have been mentioning as often as they can to get people to tune in. Should be a good show though as I like what has been announced already. Rock concerts are always fun, Team Hell No attending Dr Shelby sessions again should be funny and a title match as well should be alright. I expect to see a lot of old timers there, hopefully they can get the big names like HBK, Stone Cold and Taker on the show as well. Apparently Edge was booked but won't be there which is a bit of a shame.

Also will be good seeing the Mick Foley HOF video after his induction was announced by WWE a few days back

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
These shows often delivery very little exciting, but I will take a look at this later and hope for the best.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
All I want to see is who the WWE brings in for nostalgia pops, and hopefully they get me to mark out.

And I'm going to make an educated guess.....People are going to say CM Punk is better tonight than Rock, even though the ratings for The Rock's segments vs Punks are not going to reflect that.

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
There's rumors of Taker appearing tonight also.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Really amped up for this raw (I believe I said this last week) but I really expect to be disappointed.

zigglerHEEL

Reaction score
Glad i'll be able to watch Raw live this week and I should be on for most of it... kinda hoping Punk interrupts the Rock concert and goes F'N nuts screaming at Rock that Rock thinks this is a joke etc..... hoping for something big with Ryback and the Shield