WWE RAW 10th September 2012 - LIVE Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

chefboyardee

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
briscoebros
Favorite Wrestler
damiensandow
Favorite Wrestler
nxt
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
i kinda enjoyed the no commentary.i wouldnt wanna watch a whole show that way but it made it easier to focus on action in the ring.it would be nice if they did match every show sans commentary.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
WWE officials have decided to cancel all post-RAW segments including the activities for Pat Patterson Appreciation Night, out of respect for Jerry Lawler's condition.

F4Wonline.com's Bryan Alvarez reported that at one point, there was talk of canceling the entire show. The situation backstage was said to be very intense with people crying and not knowing what was going on.

They executed perferctly if they'd cancelled the show to many people would have jumped to conclusions.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Punk and Cena displayed their magic again together was really good but this really sets up that Punk has to win no doubt about it. But it's against Cena so who knows.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
I got a feeling Punk is not getting another clean win against Cena so either Cena wins or a DQ win to set up another rematch.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Punk has also been claiming that a new title would debut probably at NoC

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
New Jack is a fucking douche, he isn't relevant at all.

Darth Shizzel

Reaction score
I'm sorry but John Cena is a absolute cunt he practically buried Punk and the WWE title all in one swoop by saying that for 300 days the title has been irrelevent, basically saying that unless its around his waist its not relevant seriously somebody needs to slap this guy.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Haven't heard a asshole chant in idk how long.
There was a pretty loud "shut the fuck up" chant during Punk's opening promo too. Guess they censored it or something :lmao

Reaction score
I wonder if Legion & Angel is doing the "FEED ME MORE" chants

:lmao No! We did chant, "thank you, Bret," "OUI!," "Ole," and "Shut The Fuck Up" to CM Punk though.

I enjoyed Raw very much. Obviously, it's a lot better when it's live but overall, I thought it was a good show. My favorite part was, without question, seeing THE HITMAN live. It has been my dream for so long to see him in person. We were all ecstatic to see him; the cheers were deafening which I am sure all of you heard on your television screens.

We also went a little bit crazy for Daniel Bryan because it is so fun to chant, "YES" and of course, "OUI." Unfortunately, that was when the King's incident occurred. It was very scary. At first, I thought some fan was being obnoxious and bothering him which is he was surrounded by security guards. It was apparent once they called others to the announcer's table that something was wrong. They brought him to the back and after that, the crowd was pretty silent. We chanted, "Jerry" for a while because we were so worried about him. It was very difficult to get back into the show after that but I am glad to hear that he was rushed to the hospital and that he is slowly recovering.

I think it's fair to say that most of our crowd here in Montreal do not like John Cena. Before the show started, there were many people chanting, "CENA SUCKS" and a small portion chanting, "LET'S GO CENA." During his in ring segment, a lot of people chanted, "you can't wrestle" and there were also some people chanting, "fuck you, Cena" which I thought was harsh. Nonetheless, Cena is a pro and did not let any of that bring him down. He managed to make us cheer when he spoke French so big props to Cena. I also think that he did a fantastic job during his segment with Punk and Bret.

It appeared that most of the audience booed Punk which is expected when you diss our Canadian hero, Bret Hart. He did a great job as well. He pushed the right buttons and he generated a lot of heat which is what he needs. The only part that I found kind of lame was when he said that he is, "Paul Heyman's guy." I found that silly but I am interested in finding out about Heyman's relationship with CM Punk.

ALSO, Santino received a massive pop last night. I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that he is Canadian and simply hilarious. His match was shown on Superstars. Randy Orton also received a pretty big pop.

To conclude, it was a great night and I was very happy to be part of it. I feel that Montreal crowds are the best because we are so energetic and involved. I am sure that many of you witnessed that throughout Raw but of course because we were so worried about Jerry, it was hard to stay focused and remain interested throughout the remainder of the show.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
The whole Jerry Lawler situation took the air out of the show, couldn't enjoy the rest of the show because I was to busy wondering if he was OK. Good to hear that he seems to be in better condition and if you believe in such things a prayer would help you.

Cena had his best promo in along time, he just sold that PPV. CM Punk was ok, but was overshadowed by Cena and Heymans involvement was brisk and I was being selfish and wanted a promo, but you can't always get what you want.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
It was hard to enjoy Rhodes/Mysterio.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
I'm sorry but John Cena is a absolute cunt he practically buried Punk and the WWE title all in one swoop by saying that for 300 days the title has been irrelevent, basically saying that unless its around his waist its not relevant seriously somebody needs to slap this guy.

That is just what I think and was about to post. I respect how Cena delivered the promo as it was far more controlled and for once he didn't go over the top (until the end) but the promo itself was mostly trash. First of all he did a gross suck up job to the Montreal fans and Bret Hart and then like you said he basically buried Punk and the title. It wouldn't suprise if that was managements way of slapping Punk down and saying to us you will never be in the same league as Cena.

On a side note I am very sad to hear the news about The King and I wish him all the very best and a full recovery.

Undertaker

Reaction score
That is just what I think and was about to post. I respect how Cena delivered the promo as it was far more controlled and for once he didn't go over the top (until the end) but the promo itself was mostly trash. First of all he did a gross suck up job to the Montreal fans and Bret Hart and then like you said he basically buried Punk and the title. It wouldn't suprise if that was managements way of slapping Punk down and saying to us you will never be in the same league as Cena.

On a side note I am very sad to hear the news about The King and I wish him all the very best and a full recovery.
Agreed.

I would say that this was probably John Cena's best promo I've ever seen him do, it was realistic for once. However, CM Punk seemed surprised and shocked at how much Cena was saying, as if he had no material to fight back with. I have a sneaky suspicion that Cena went past the script he was given and added a few extra lines on. The promo was excellent but watching Punk's reaction and comeback was cringe worthy - I don't think he expected it from Cena.

Last edited:

EffectsofRaven

Reaction score
Cena destroyed Punk and it was incredibly refreshing... Punk was AWFUL on the microphone and Cena delivered another good promo and I thoroughly believe Cena said a lot of people's opinions from the backstage and honestly... He only buried Punk, Punk buried the belt.

Cena should win just to bring WWE title back in the final match of the card and bring the belt back up to something it was before.