WWE pushing for The Rock to wrestle at May Saudi Arabia PLE

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
In the new edition of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Dave Meltzer reports that, while nothing is set in stone, the belief right now is that WrestleMania won't be the only time The Rock wrestles in 2024. There's a push to get The Rock to work at least one of WWE's Saudi Arabia shows this year.

Meltzer writes that WWE's next Saudi show is scheduled for Saturday, May 25. There are a lot of variables and factors in play, but WWE would obviously like it if The Rock worked that event:

The next Saudi Arabia PPV is 5/25, which will be the day before AEW’s Double or Nothing show. When there was an attempt by some to get Rock to move to a later date with Reigns and keep Cody Rhodes in the spot (while Nick Khan and Ari Emanuel had made the deal, there were people who felt that since the spot was promised to Rhodes last year and they’d been building it, have it be Rhodes at Mania and Reigns-Rock in Saudi with the idea of garnering more money, this would have been that date. When asking if Rock will be working that show, we’re told there are a lot of variables in play and a variety of factors but obviously the company would like it if he would. But while nothing is set in stone, the belief as of right now is that Mania won’t be his only match in 2024 and there is definitely a push to get him to work at least one Saudi Arabia event this year.

writtenin1981

Reaction score
I think his involvement will be a direct reflection of how strong his ties to Hollywood remain going forward. If he thinks he still has a strong standing with his position as an entertainer, I'd be willing to wager he wouldn't want to rock any boats by involving himself with an event that creates such controversy.

If he agrees to do so, it might be an indicator that his involvement in wrestling is going to deepen going forward. It should make for interesting discussion in the post-Wrestlemania season at any rate!

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Trying to think what the match would even be, maybe some kind of Bloodline vs Cody & friends tag match?

Deadd2009

Horror Movie Guru
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Sports Team
lJlFfto
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
zEZtX3o
It's either Rock/Reigns or Rock/Cody. I have a feeling Rock will work Summerslam too against the one he doesnt wrestle at this show, if he wrestles at all.

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
I seriously doubt they do Rock/Roman in Saudi. That just screams WM41 to me.

Rock could work Seth one on one if Seth doesn’t take time off after dropping the WHC.

Or it’ll be a Bloodline Tag Match to limit his involvement and potential risk for injury

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Rock Vs Undertaker lets go

:p

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
If Brock wasn’t person non-grada, Rock could get his win back.

Butters

That's Me!
Reaction score
as a fan the rock/roman match makes more sense at mania but they'd probably get more money from saudi to have it at their show.

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
I like this arrangement. Cody has wrestlemania and the rock can have his big Saudi match.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Rock gettting pushed to do.......naw fam.

Zero buys.

Storm Trooper

If I can be Storm Trooper for a Minute
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
zackryder
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
samizayn
Favorite Wrestler
7rtdSS0
Favorite Wrestler
88j8DYn
Favorite Wrestler
LmZfvje
Favorite Sports Team
RRzOmtg
Favorite Sports Team
bMIeUcR
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
This is saying that WWE would like it if The Rock did SaudiMania. Well no fucking shit WWE would like Rock to do every show cause he's The Fucking Rock.

I could see him do a SaudiMania. Hell he can be Cody's first challenger, futher set up Rock/Roman for Mania 41.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
An update on The Rock’s schedule.

The Great One will be competing at WWE WrestleMania 40 and is rumored to be wrestling again later in the year. However, PW Insider has some news on The Rock’s next film project, including dates that the former world champion will be unable to step into the squared circle.

As noted a few months ago, The Rock will be starring in the A24 film The Smashing Machine, a story about MMA legend Mark Kerr, who will be portrayed by The Rock. According to Insider, casting is underway, with the project slated to start filming between May 1st and August 1st. That means that Rocky will most likely not be able to do anything physical in WWE during that time.

WWE SummerSlam is currently slated for August 3rd in Cleveland, Ohio. Whether Rocky will be able to work that event remains to be seen. His aforementioned rumored matchup is against Roman Reigns.​

Reactions: Jimmy King