• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WWE & PRIME HYDRATION STRIKE RECORD-SETTING GLOBAL PARTNERSHIP FEATURING FIRST-EVER RING MAT BRANDING

Cwalker

I don’t mind ads. I’m used to them after watching UFC.

But for wrestling, I’d prefer them on the turnbuckles or on the LED boards around the ring.

But it’s not like a big deal.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
I find the mat logos less distracting than the LED barricade ones myself but I assume for Mania we're still getting both

Rosie

Dark Side
I think ads aren't a major issue in the ring. See it with New Japan/Stardom, even WCW. But I guess when it is just one BIG logo in the middle it sticks out. I personally prefer if there's one sponsor to place it in the corners or around the apron. That way it visually is noticable (You know, the point of a sponsor) but it doesn't stick in your face like a huge-ass bottle logo.

Also:

8izwvv.jpg

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Well he's definitely correct that as time passes, people will get used to it. But I think people will also always long for the days before there were ads on the ring/everywhere else. I still see a lot of people lamenting the little sponsor logos they started to put on NBA jerseys several years ago.

Dale

Super Moderator
GKgt3LdWsAEXmgN

Not watched the kickoff show so I dunno if it's been seen yet or not but this really doesn't look bad at all providing they don't add all the colour in like in the original post.​

Skyefire

Wrestling Goddest
GKgt3LdWsAEXmgN

Not watched the kickoff show so I dunno if it's been seen yet or not but this really doesn't look bad at all providing they don't add all the colour in like in the original post.​
Yeah, I found that far less annoying than the LED video board ads.