WWE predictions for 2012

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Darth Shizzel

Reaction score
I can see a lot of things happening in 2012 so let's get started.

1. Undertaker will go 20-0

2. John Cena will have 3 new title reigns making him a 15 time world champion.

3. CM Punk and the Miz will go to Smackdown while Randy Orton goes back to Raw.

4. Chris Jericho will be a full blown heel before Wrestlemania.

5. Big Show will go heel sometime during the year.

6. Sheamus will win the world heavyweight title.

7. Zack Ryder will be jobbing on Raw a lot

8. Drew Mctinyre, Ezekial Jackson, Mason Ryan , Yoshi Tatsu, JTG, Bella Twins and Sin Cara will be released.

9. Dolph Ziggler will be WWE champion via MITB.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
I can see a lot of things happening in 2012 so let's get started.

1. Undertaker will go 20-0
Standard

2. John Cena will have 3 new title reigns making him a 15 time world champion.
Not totally sold that he'll get 3 reigns, but it wouldn't be a surprise.

3. CM Punk and the Miz will go to Smackdown while Randy Orton goes back to Raw.
I don't think both Punk AND Miz will go as I think only one will move, but I do agree with you on Orton

4. Chris Jericho will be a full blown heel before Wrestlemania.
Standard

5. Big Show will go heel sometime during the year.
Seems highly likely given current programming

6. Sheamus will win the world heavyweight title.
Hopefully

7. Zack Ryder will be jobbing on Raw a lot
Unsure, but wouldn't be surprised or saddened

8. Drew Mctinyre, Ezekial Jackson, Mason Ryan , Yoshi Tatsu, JTG, Bella Twins and Sin Cara will be released.
Can see JTG & Yoshi getting released and possibly Drew & Zeke.

9. Dolph Ziggler will be WWE champion via MITB.
I'd say it's between him or Cody as they're both the prime candidates.

Reaction score
before I start mine here is what I think of yours.

1. No doubt about it.
2. I'm not really sure about 3 times. I think 2 will be the max, but he will have one lengthy reign.
3. I can see that happening. Throw in one more credible face to go to Smackdown. Maybe Rey Mysterio.
4. It's already in the works.
5. I'm torn on this one. I like Big Show as a face. It really depends if they turn Henry face or not.
6. I hope he does.
7. I'm not so sure about jobbing. But he won't be a big player anymore.
8. I don't see The Bellas or McIntyre being released. Sin Cara might have ONE more chance to prove himself.
9. I'm not really sure. I don't want Dolph to be in a multi-man match at WM. I would like to see him take on Mick Foley. But I do see him winning the title this year.

Now here is my picks.

1. John Cena will be a heel for a short time. I think they will test the waters to see how it works.
2. Batista will return in the Summer.
3. John Morrison will return
4. Justin Gabriel will win the IC Title by Aug.
5. These guys will be in the World Title/WWE Title picture (not saying they will all win it)
-Cody Rhodes
-Wade Barrett
-Sheamus
-The Miz
-R-Truth
-Dolph Ziggler
-Jack Swagger
6. Jack Swagger will turn face and feud with Dolph Ziggler
7. A BIG name TNA wrestler will join WWE (I'm thinking Samoa Joe)
8. Rob Van Damn will return before Summer
9. The Rock will have ONE more match at Summerslam. (I'm thinking against CM Punk)

Chadillac

Reaction score
There are only three stars to watch in 2012: John Cena, Dolph Ziggler, and Cody Rhodes. The direction of these three guys is going to tell me a whole hell of a lot about where the WWE is headed.

John Cena must go heel at WM against The Rock in Miami (Rock's hometown). That would maximise the effect. And it would have mega carry-over through out the summer, which is critical. Think of it as the launching pad of unlimited potential in directions, and also has the effect of hitting the "re-fresh" button on the product. But the larger context is essentialy long-term. A few hundred thousand viewers come back immediately, but long-term, you are seeking millions. When ratings rise from the grass-roots, casual fans follow, along with new viewers. '96 "Bash at The Beach" is proof this can work.

But like Hogan, two men must join. Insert Cody and Dolph. Not together, but in the larger context. Jim Ross stated that if Cody and Dolph were not heavyweight champs in 2012, they should quit. Both will be WHC and #1 heels.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Taker misses this Wrestlemania, and returns in the summer/autumn full time as a farewell tour before retiring next year.

Edge, Brock Lesnar and Batista all have matches in the WWE.

Shane McMahon returns to TV at some point.

Zack Ryder wins a World title.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Now here is my picks.

1. John Cena vs. The Rock will be a let down, Cena will DQ himself thus turning heel and beating down on The Rock with a weapon or something leaving the fans extremely pissed off.
2. Antonio Cesaro will hold the IC or US belt.
3. John Morrison will return
4. Evan Bourne will be released before July
5. R-Truth will hold a title.
6. Jack Swagger will go to Smackdown and be pushed.
7. The tag division will actually be decent.
8. RVD will return to WWE.
9. Brodus Clay will hold a title and continue his 'Funk' gimmick until September
10. Santino will turn heel

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Its not exactly a stretch to say, but I predict that either Cody or Wade will become the champion this year. It won't take long at the rate they are going now. Hell, they're both the biggest favourites right now for the Royal Rumble.

I hope Ziggler does as well but I think thats more just wishful thinking. But I see him really cracking the main event scene in 2012, maybe even finally dropping Vickie.

Last edited:

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
It would be interesting to see how Dolph could handle the upper midcard without Vickie. It could really make or break him.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Here are things that I want to see happen.

1. Dolph Ziggler should win the WWE title in 2012. He had a brilliant run as US champion but this is his time to become a top star on RAW. He has all the skills required to be a maineventer and WWE shouldn't waste an opportunity to create a new top star.

2. Cody Rhodes, Sheamus and Wade Barrett need to be in the World Heavyweight Title scene with Bryan. Four youngish top stars that can carry the brand into the next era. Guys like Henry, Show and Christian will play their part in the title scene but they need to keep an eye on the future and create stars rather than relying on past stars to draw for them. These three are all exceptional talents and if given a chance they can carry the brand.

3. Drew McIntyre will become a midcard champion again and will be more than a jobber. He is too good a talent to waste and surely this is the year where he starts his slow rise back up the card.

4. Kane, Henry and show will all retire or at least drop to part time schedules. They are all very close to their last runs and by the end of this year I can't see them doing more than the odd random appearance from 2013 and beyond.

5. Tag team wrestling will actually matter to WWE. I say this every year and so eventually this must happen.

6. The 2012 draft will actually be the start of a proper brand extension. RAW and Smackdown will be two seperate shows and the only people allowed on both shows will be the Divas champion and the tag team champions. Brand rivalry will be back in 2012 and will make Bragging Rights/Survivor Series important events again.