WWE Over The Limit Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

straight_edge76

Reaction score
No matches have officially been announced for Over The Limit yet. Personally I think it's a Blue name, I always liked Judgement Day but nonetheless... Discuss.

LKP

Reaction score
Well one match has but i do not want to spoil it. I think OTL will just be a shitty ppv. With the exception of a possible Orton vs Edge match up.

straight_edge76

Reaction score
Well, nothing has been announced on the WWE television as of yet (Smackdown has yet to air), that's what I mean by officially announced.

LKP

Reaction score
I know lol, i said i know of a match that has been announced. I think it may yet still be a gimmick ppv.

straight_edge76

Reaction score
I don't think this will be a gimmick PPV. But with the name that it has I wouldn't be suprised if they used Scramble matches for the WWE and World Title matches tbh.

chessarmy

Reaction score
Why did they change Judgment Day to "Over The Limit" if it isn't a gimmick PPV? Seems pretty useless to me

xtremebadass

Reaction score
No news yet on if this is a gimmick PPV or not? In WWE magazine they advertised it by making a page of all the outlandish and unusual moments/matches/superstars in WWE history which made me believe Vince Russo is being brought into book this PPV.

MattHardyV1

Reaction score
Yeah whats up with Over the Edge? I figured all PPVs were gimmicks now, I mean when you look at the schedule..

But so far looks good.. WHC match is decent, should help Jack out alot in the end.

Orton vs Edge (Heel now??) seems like its in the books too..should be reallllly good.

Cena vs Batista apparently too. Im guessing theyll throw Sheamus in there too. Id like to see him get another title run.

seX-Power

Reaction score
I don't see the point of this PPV with a new name, unless a gimmick is given to it.

maty619

Reaction score
Wasn't Batista vs Cena anounced on Raw, after all Batista did win the no. 1 contenders match....anyway. I'm gad we will see a non-gimmick PPV (atleast I suspect as much), it isn't really replacing JD, as far as I can remember that wasn't on last year either, I may be wrong there. I can't think who Swagger will face, at the moment everyone is on the same level regarding this title. I can't wait for Randy vs Edge, that should be amazing. I don't know if the Rey vs Punk feud will continue or not, if it does then I am predicting Punk's hair to be on the line and Rey's freedom to be on the line, it should kinda be an accumilation match. I am hopeful that OTL will be good.

straight_edge76

Reaction score
Who do you all think that Swagger is going to face at OTL? With the potential Orton feud scraped for Edge/Orton who is there for Swagger to face? Rey and Punk are both doing their own thing, that only leaves Show and maybe Christian. Triple Threat matches, which is the likely route have been so played out they hardly interest me anymore tbh.

LKP

Reaction score
^^^^^^^They could use, punk, big show, Kofi, Christian,etc.

maty619

Reaction score
I think maybe Edge will challenge for the title on Friday but Orton will get involved. Then I think Christian could get a one on one saying he is the next best thing to Edge, being his brother and all. I think Big Show might face Miz, then I predict a big decider between Rey and Punk. I am not too certain this will happen, but I think something along those lines will take place.

Edit:Shit I forgot about Kofi, I have no clue now:p.

LKP

Reaction score
^^^ Read the Sd spoliers then lol