• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WWE openly supports Darren Young

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
WWE.com has issued a statement addressing Darren Young’s announcement via TMZ.com that is gay:
On TMZ this morning, WWE Superstar Darren Young revealed to the WWE Universe that he is gay. WWE is proud of Darren Young for being open about his sexuality, and we will continue to support him as a WWE Superstar. Today, in fact, Darren will be participating in one of our Be A STAR anti-bullying rallies in Los Angeles to teach children how to create positive environments for everyone regardless of age, race, religion or sexual orientation.
As PWMania.com reported earlier, John Cena told TMZ that it’s “wonderful” that Young decided to come out publicly – saying that he’s a true professional and he has the support of WWE.

PWmania

DarksideTrin

This meal is so unfinished EA tried to publish it!
it would be very sad indeed if he really isnt gay and just did it to get himself better noticed.....

Zany Clowny

AvrilWasRight,EverythingIsSoComplicated
What else was Vince going to say? "WWE thinks Darren is a massive smurf, and we're sending him to NXT"....like, seriously?

Testify

Bully
Haha, nice marketing move. I mean, what can they do to him? Fire him? No, he's gay and an african-american. Of course they'll support him. Firing him would be a PR nightmare.

Nano

The Game
Technician
I wouldn't be surprised if WWE didn't push Darren after this.
That's basically the openly support someone concept. You support him for everyone to say "WWE is a good company, they don't care about sexual orientation" but then you fuck his career up.

Brad.

The Architect
Hotshot
He won't get pushed as a singles competitor but we might see PTP turn face and win the tag-team belts in the near future.

Lady Deathbane

thanks for the unban, lmao
I totally knew he was gay when I first started watching WWE again a year ago. I just didn't really wanna' say anything because I didn't have any 'proof' besides a feeling I had, lol. I live in San Francisco so I guess you can say my gay-dar is pretty strong. :obama:

Nano

The Game
Technician
I totally knew he was gay when I first started watching WWE again a year ago. I just didn't really wanna' say anything because I didn't have any 'proof' besides a feeling I had, lol. I live in San Francisco so I guess you can say my gay-dar is pretty strong. :obama:
Actually that comb was like "I'm gay, but no one will know it because I'll use it as part of my persona". At least that's how I see it...

TKK

Darren Young has, in a sense, secured his job by coming out while in the WWE. WWE cares so much about public image that they'll probably be afraid to ever release him, if not he'll at least get $200 for a shoot.

Roi

Champion
*Wins a couple of matches
*People forget that he's gay
*Titus goes solo
*Back to the indies

Btw, Ryder should come out as well