WWE Officials Looking to Push Dean Ambrose

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Wrestling Observer Newsletter said:
- Right now, Dean Ambrose is the guy WWE officials want to build into a headliner once the angle with The Shield has run its course. At the same time, there are some in the company who think Roman Reigns has the most potential of the three. There's also a feeling that Reigns isn't ready as far as in-ring skills go but Ambrose and Seth Rollins are.
Obviously Ambrose stands out because of his ability to work the mic, but I don't think they should sleep on Rollins' as I think he could easily become a top player for them if pushed the right way. Can't speak much on Reigns because i've only seen two matches of his on NXT I think it was.

Killz

Reaction score
Honestly I'm going to start my own freakin' newsletter or website. Ambrose stands out in the opening exchanges, Reigns is the prototypical WWE superstar and both Ambrose and Rollins have worked indys. Voila! HEADLINE STORY! Not hating on you btw Dale, obviously, it just grinds my gears something incredible, it's not "news" haha

As for the topic of the actual story I think it works, I think Reigns is sort of...lacking in character department and Ambrose is literally ready for a singles run now.

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Cue all the Indy haters...

Anyways, I think all 3 have potential to go past midcard. Reigns as the family ties, and the size and look. Ambrose has the character and skills, and Rollins has the ring skills, and a good mic presence. They all could go far.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
I'd kind of like to see all three of them continue on after this storyline. All of them have potential. I really wouldn't mind seeing where they go with Ambrose though. He's probably my favourite of the 3 right now.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I think that WWE would have high hopes that the members of The Shield will be able to excel and get over more than individual members of Nexus did. Yes some former Nexus members have done well but not really to the level that I am sure WWE hoped. This time they have been smart picking just three for the group and three that they think can go far. No real surprise that Dean Ambrose is supposedly the one that think can excel he does have the best overall skill set.

Mick Donalds

Banned
Reaction score
I just want them to invest a long time with The Shield. Allow it a good year or 2 years of run time. Don't do a Nexus where they revolve characters constantly and just scrap the angle after 8 months.

zigglerHEEL

Reaction score
I am among those who feel that Ambrose will be a STAR but they need to just let it happen... The Shield is a great vehicle for letting these guys make their names. The longer the faction runs, the more these 3 will establish themselves individually.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
I miss the days of factions. Nexus was good, but WWE fucked that up hard. Right now the Shield has a good thing going with this "justice" thing. It's different to what we are used to. I certainly hope it continues.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
The guy has been groomed for stardom for months, ever since the Foley stuff went viral it was obvious they had some plans for him to be a star. Put this report in the "no fucking shit, Sherlock" folder.

As long as Rollins is the fall guy from the group and gets jobbed out, I'm a happy guy. He doesn't have any skill in any aspect of wrestling and is one of the worst signings WWE will ever make. Terrible.

Reaction score
I hope that's no time soon. I wanna see the Shield around a little while. I hate WWE's habit of breaking up groups and teams so fast. Edge & Christian were together like 4 years before they broke them up.

Reactions: 1 person

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I hope that's no time soon. I wanna see the Shield around a little while. I hate WWE's habit of breaking up groups and teams so fast. Edge & Christian were together like 4 years before they broke them up.

I agree. WWE always seems impatient when it comes to groups and tag teams and almost all the time break them up before they have gotten everything they can out of the group. Hopefully this isn't just a quick angle that ends at WM next year, would be nice if WWE had some long term plans for the group.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Rollins looks to much like punk and won't make it out of his shadow anytime soon.

Ambrose does have good mic skills but I can only ever see him in a Brian Pillman loose cannon type of character.

Reigns has the look and has better mic skills so far for a guy that size.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
I agree. WWE always seems impatient when it comes to groups and tag teams and almost all the time break them up before they have gotten everything they can out of the group. Hopefully this isn't just a quick angle that ends at WM next year, would be nice if WWE had some long term plans for the group.

I don't think it's the WWE who are impatient with groups, hell I would think they would want to milk something that works for all that it is worth. I think it's the fickleness of certain and very vocal fans who want this and that too early. I blame the weekly episodic TV, it has made everyone impatient.

zigglerHEEL

Reaction score
Rollins looks to much like punk and won't make it out of his shadow anytime soon.

Ambrose does have good mic skills but I can only ever see him in a Brian Pillman loose cannon type of character.Reigns has the look and has better mic skills so far for a guy that size.

Pillman was well on his way to the top of the card before his accident and untimely death... If he had never been in that accident I firmly believe he would have been a World Champion several times over.... so if that is where Ambrose is headed, it sounds pretty good to me.. If the guy can stay healthy and keep his head on straight he'll get there.