WWE NXT & Superstars Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
When did I ever say anything about Reks and Hawkins? I'm not saying they're full of charisma either, but Titus and Young are two of the least charismatic guys on the entire roster esp Titus. I have a feeling you're overstating the reaction those two get.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Go back on Hulu and watch or just YouTube Darren Young's run as the man who ran NXT. Then get back to me

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Like 'The man who runs NXT' even means anything. He also calls himself Mr No Days Off, you know other than those 30 for being suspended...

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
Mr No Days off was such a joke gimmick. I've been watching NXT for the past few months now. What about Titus in ring work or Darren Young in ring work? I love how you don't talk about that.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
Percy Watson should be on Smackdown along with Reks and Hawkins... Watson connected with the fans well in his party guy OH YEAH gimmick and that should be bought back and go on Smackdown and Hawkins and Reks are an interesting duo.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Mr No Days off was such a joke gimmick. I've been watching NXT for the past few months now. What about Titus in ring work or Darren Young in ring work? I love how you don't talk about that.
Darren is better than Reks in the ring. Hawkins is the best of the 4. Titus is the worst.

Thing is Titus can crap on Reks on the mic in front of an audience which speaks to Tyler being bad, Morrison like bad. Hawkins and Young are about even on the stick depending on the material.

When it comes to getting the crowd involved though and interacting with them like a superstar is supposed to Titus, Young - gap - Hawkins, and Reks in that order.

Man ring work is one skill but mic work and overness matter. It is why guys like Clay and Santino are on tv every week while guys like Kidd and Hennig struggle for main brand time. The situation is no different as Reks and Hawkins may be the better wrestling team, but Yound and Titus are easily the better tandem of superstars which last I check is the job title at hand "superstar"

Last edited:

Aniking

Reaction score
You've got to be kidding me right? O'Neil & Young moved to Smackdown over Reks & Hawkins? What idiot decided to do that!

This is why I don't watch NXT, and now this is why my interest in Smackdown has dwindled more. I just started getting interested in it again, but if O'Neil and Young are gonna be used frequently... no, not watching.

Lewb

Reaction score
O'Neill needed to come to the main roster. I'm, not a fan of Young coming with but I guess they're making them a tag team. But Titus has a lot of scope to do good quality segments. Reks and Hawkins... not good enough for me tbh. Not entertaining in the slightest.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
You've got to be kidding me right? O'Neil & Young moved to Smackdown over Reks & Hawkins? What idiot decided to do that!

This is why I don't watch NXT, and now this is why my interest in Smackdown has dwindled more. I just started getting interested in it again, but if O'Neil and Young are gonna be used frequently... no, not watching.
If you don't watch then you can't formulate an opinon! You can hate but not actually talk about why they deserve it over them because you know nothing about the on goings

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Just wanted to clear something up for everyone. Just because Hawkins and Reks were fired on NXT doesn't mean they have been fired from WWE :p

If I was going to make a prediction I would say that Reks and Hawkins will probably be promoted to RAW next week by Johnny Ace. He is the Executive Vice President of Talent Relations so he will see talent in them and give them a job on the show. It wouldn't even surprise me if they are promoted to Smackdown as well next week.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Good point Troy.

Hawkins/Reks would be good on RAW. They could face Kofi/Truth, Santino/Brodus and kind of really get the tag team division alive.

However if that's the case, where does that leave the rest of the NXT Superstars (Bateman, Curtis, Riley, Tatsu... Anybody I miss) ?

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Well Derrick Bateman is the only person left on NXT Redemption so I guess he wins. Titus and Darren made up the final three with him but now that they are promoted the season should be over. I mean who is Bateman supposed to compete against when the competition is gone?

The other jobbers that were on the show will end up on Superstars and getting squashed on RAW or Smackdown.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
[video=youtube;H7euIJ6-yIM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=H7euIJ6-yIM[/video]

Dark match from Superstars

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Not a bad match there from Ambrose, his finisher is not too bad either.

Status
Not open for further replies.