WWE NXT Heel/Face dynamic

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Montana

Did anyone notice how it almost seems like the WWE paired heel pro, and face rookie, or vice versa? It seemed like they did this on purpose. I've also noticed Michael Cole being a heel on the face Daniel Bryan, and the IWC. Anyone find these dynamics strange, or out of the ordinary? Should they have done a better job pairing these guys up? Or do you like the conflict between pros/rookies.

Your thoughts.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
Personally I think the conflicts in personality created by the pairings are probably for the best. It allows each rookie to be able to show more depth to their characters when interacting with their pros. If it was strictly face/face or heel/heel pairings their character development would probably be stunted as their interactions with their mentors would amount to "I agree let's kick their ass."

It also makes for a more interesting show this way.

xtremebadass

Not every pair have had problems yet. Christian/Slater and Hardy/Gabriel look to be staying face. Everyone else I imagine have problems between one another. WWE thrives on conflict if there was no conflict between coach and rookie it probably wouldn't be that great of TV.

Montana

I guess I understand why the WWE did this, however as much as it helps establish a character, the more it confuses things. Like Regal/Skip. Skip is trying to wrestle the match as a face, half the match and heel. As a fan it's hard to know what to cheer for, and maybe they should all be tweeners.

Perhaps its the tag matches with faces and heels that makes it confusing.

edgehead09

Reaction score
This is how I feel about the pairings

R-Truth/Otunga -- They are going to fued and Otunga going go over Truth to start a monster push...At first, they will be friends when he wins but when he loses he will blame Truth eventually leading to a fued.

Slater/Christian -- They are going to be the comedy factor of NXT. Its going be E&C all over again which is awesome. Christian is going to play the guy that wants to be serious but eventually have a laugh out of it.

Jericho/Barett -- They are going to be a heel team and Wade will the lackey of Jericho.. Think Jericho/Lance Cade

Regal/Sheffield -- Expect a Sheffield heel turn and Sheffield to join with Regal and if Jackson is still with Regal expect them to team.

Hardy/Gabriel -- New Hardy Boys...they meshed well and seemed to get over

Carlito/Tarver -- They arnt goin get along and Tarver is going knock Carlito out to end NXT

Young/Punk -- Darren Young, Welcome to the StraightEdge Society

Miz/Dainelson -- Dainelson is going to LOSE NXT...They are playing off that the Pros hate him for being egotistical because of his independent work. He will still be in WWE, but will be signed by Smackdown GM

I see possibly Tarver winning NXT as he has no way to the WWE without it

xtremebadass

Perhaps its the tag matches with faces and heels that makes it confusing.
Definitely. I sort of got confused. I thought Matt/Gabriel was supposed to be the face team against the heel team of Regal/Sheffield, but it turns out Sheffield was face and Regal was heel so it was pretty uneven. I think Matt could tag up with Justin Gabriel once this season of NXT is over, I enjoyed watching them.

WTF was Gabriel wearing? Some sort of ninja costume?