• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WWE Not Interested In Bobby Lashley

The Cork

Banned
Was he really that over though?

A lot of his criticism stems from nobody caring about him.

I mean he was in the biggest match at Wrestlemania 23 yet he barely got noticed in the match, he was a spare part.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Umaga v. Lashley was the biggest match at Mania 23? I would have went with HBK v. Cena personally.

He is young, believable, has credentials, and was over so he would be an asset regardless of how he left as he never said a bad thing about WWE, th mcmahons, or anyone but well Hayes.
WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOA

He's 35. That isn't very young. His "credentials" are highly questionable too. He dropped out of several events, or was just outright dropped by the promoters a few times, he even tested positive for steroids early in his MMA career. And other than that little fledgling run in MMA, the only other credentials he has is his short-lived career with WWE.

I never found him "believable" either. The dude was pumped so full of steroids and such an obvious knock-off of Brock Lesnar, it was hard not to feel like he was just being shoved down my throat. Unbearably generic, absolutely zero personality to speak of, I really can't see how he entertained anyone.

Dale

Super Moderator
I'm pretty sure that if he told Vince he was willing to put the issues regarding Hayes in the past then they would be immediately all over signing him.

SAIYANS

Umaga v. Lashley was the biggest match at Mania 23? I would have went with HBK v. Cena personally.

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOA

He's 35. That isn't very young. His "credentials" are highly questionable too. He dropped out of several events, or was just outright dropped by the promoters a few times, he even tested positive for steroids early in his MMA career. And other than that little fledgling run in MMA, the only other credentials he has is his short-lived career with WWE.

I never found him "believable" either. The dude was pumped so full of steroids and such an obvious knock-off of Brock Lesnar, it was hard not to feel like he was just being shoved down my throat. Unbearably generic, absolutely zero personality to speak of, I really can't see how he entertained anyone.

He is a credentialed amateur wrestler, former veteran, MMA fighter who has won bouts, and US/ECW champion. He is credentialed and he can whoop a man's ass in real life, which makes him believable over guys like Dolph and the like. He was over as he had one of the highest rated reigns on ECW, had multiple shirts to be top sellers behind Cena, and made over a million in his short stint. And 35 is still younger than Jericho, RVD, Dave, MVP, and countless others who have been talked about coming back, so they could get 5 years out of him honestly

Lashley's biggest problem always was Hayes. Hayes called him a smurf, and they transferred Bobby to Heyman and Lagana's brand over reprimanding him (this was before he called Henry one). Hayes insulted his wife while he was out for injury and basically asked her by her own admission in the exact words was "why she was mad to be portrayed as a ho". He quit afterward. Like I said, it all comes down to the fact he has to be on Raw, or those two have to sit down and squash the past for him to be on SD, as he is a bigger star than their World Champ.

Last edited:

PHX

Legacy Member
It wouldn't surprise me if they weren't really interested because he never really got to a peak point in his WWE career. He was just starting to get better at the time he left. If he was like Brock and made a name in MMA WWE would take him back in a heartbeat but overall it was pretty much a failure so doesn't have much name value as he didn't become that big of a name in WWE either. If he came back would almost be like he had to start all over.

Prodigy

Banned
If WWE are looking for a beefed up African American talent to push I'm sure they'd just go with Ezekiel Jackson. Why waste money on Lashley when Jackson would probably get over quite quickly and is younger than Lashley too.

Last edited:

Heisenberg

Because Ezekiel hasn't got that "it factor" like Bobby had, he was barely over with the crowd even when he was IC Champion. His mic skills are crap in comparison to Bobby and his accent doesn't help, and he's too bulked up and doesn't move fast around the ring. Sort of like Mason Ryan, he's still green.

Sure Bobby was jacked too but he was still good working with it and wasn't as big as Zeke, and I'm pretty sure he has gotten smaller since leaving the WWE. I'm sure he wouldn't be asking for much money to come back unlike Lesnar, etc.

PHX

Legacy Member
Because Ezekiel hasn't got that "it factor" like Bobby had, he was barely over with the crowd even when he was IC Champion. His mic skills are crap in comparison to Bobby and his accent doesn't help, and he's too bulked up and doesn't move fast around the ring. Sort of like Mason Ryan, he's still green.

Sure Bobby was jacked too but he was still good working with it and wasn't as big as Zeke, and I'm pretty sure he has gotten smaller since leaving the WWE. I'm sure he wouldn't be asking for much money to come back unlike Lesnar, etc.
Link me to a good Bobby Lashley promo and I'll make you an admin cause anytime that man opened his mouth I laughed.

Heisenberg

Link me to a good Bobby Lashley promo and I'll make you an admin cause anytime that man opened his mouth I laughed.

I'm not saying he had good promos but I put him in comparison with Zeke and I'm sure they're much better than Ezekiel'.

Slim

Bobby Lashley was nothing more than a poor version of Brock Lesnar. That was all Bobby Lashley was. The guy is big, the guy is talented but the guy did not have "it." He could not connect at all. He was force fed to us but it didn't take. Nobody cared enough to really cheer him or boo him. And yeah he is an amateur wrestler, yeah he is an MMA fighter... but he was nothing special in MMA. He was good in amateur wrestling but... there is nothing about him that makes him a big enough draw to warrant WWE wanting him. He left the way he did which was terrible and went to TNA.

I mean the thing between him and Brock... Brock had that "it" factor. Brock could grasp the fans. The fans cared about Brock. And not only that when Brock went to MMA... he became the UFC CHAMPION! The man built on his already huge fanbase and made it even larger than it was before. Brock IS money. Point blank. WWE made him a star. UFC made him an even bigger star. Bobby Lashley tried MMA and who did he fight? Tank Abbot? Come on now. The guy was more protected and shielded than Kimbo was in Elite XC.

I would be very pleased to not have to see another Bobby Lashley sighting in WWE. I don't hate the guy... the guy is good. I just don't care enough about him to want to see him compete in another WWE match at all.

PHX

Legacy Member
Never saw it, I mean Zeke is above average on his best day but I'll take him talking over Lashley who sounded like his nuts never dropped. To be that big and sound like you're 12 is some funny stuff.

The New F'n Show

Never was a big fan of the guy, I'm alright with him if he came back but won't lose sleep if he doesn't. He is a decent upper midcard guy. 30 seconds into that promo and it's boring as hell.

Zen

While he would make a decent addition to a roster that is noticeable thinning(see Rumble), I can understand their recalcitrance towards bringing him back. The fact of the matter is, Lashley wasn't too great of a wrestler or too charismatic(which was no doubt related to his feminine voice), he was made to be a decent wrestler, and to be an over face -- the WWE bent over BACKWARDS to do this. Vince made a personal investment, with the whole feud, hair/hair match, bringing Trump in, giving Lashley a a major role in WM 23, his ECW booking, that fantastic match with Cena etc.. After all of that, he left. Why? Because of some shit with his girlfriend(who he isn't even with anymore). All the WWE got from that huge investment was one pay-off match with Cena. So yes, I understand their reluctance.

In no way is he comparable to Lesnar, who had legitimate career related reasons for leaving(though, he was douchy and unprofessional in his own way). Lesnar left because in just 2 years, he was pushed so hard, that he felt tired out. In just under 2 years, he had beat a bunch of top guys(Angle, Taker, Rocky etc.) AND headlined Mania for the belt. He was tired out. Also he hated the schedule, simply couldn't put up with it anymore and wanted to spend time with his family. If can't handle the schedule, you have little reason to be in this industry, let alone a TOP spot in this industry. The WWE was right to feel betrayed in that situation as well, but it was noticeably different.

Last edited:

SAIYANS

His girlfriend became his wife and the mother of his child. Hayes basically called equated her to a hoe and had insulted him. I think it was a case of she should have been sent to Raw but their hands got tied with the Teddy wedding