WWE Not Interested In Bobby Lashley

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
WrestleZone
In the past, Bobby Lashley has said in interviews that he still enjoys professional wrestling. He spoke to me an interview several months ago on TribLIVE radio and said he would love to come back to WWE and joked about signing him up to do a WrestleMania match with Brock Lesnar.

The Wrestling Observer Newsletter is reporting there is no interest from WWE to bring back Lashley. The report states that the lack of interest stems from the way Lashley left WWE after getting a big push. There also seems to still be a rocky relationship between Lashley and WWE creative team member Michael Hayes.

That's a shame, I was a fan of Lashley and he had a great physique that suited a champion and was easily over with the crowd as a top babyface and would still be one of many at the top if he didn't leave. He made ECW entertaining but it was a bit of a douchebag way to leave straight after getting a big push though.

Wonder what Michael Hayes problem with him is? Some say Hayes is racist and that's why Booker T left in the first place because of Hayes and Booker did whoop his ass. Not knowing if the last part was true or not but still. And don't forget the guy came up with Mark Henry's nickname of "Silverback". :side:

Last edited:

Altervers

Reaction score
I was a fan of his as well, liked him most during his Smackdown/ECW run though. I got a feeling he may end up back one day if he is really serious about it. He is not to old to the point he has nothing to offer either.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
I do like Lashley, but if they were to bring him back just to rocket him to the moon again, I'd rather not have to endure another run.

And I forget what was actually said, but I think Hayes pissed off Lashley with a racist remark if I'm remembering right... Which I may not be, I may be thinking of Farooq.

Darth Shizzel

Reaction score
Yeah it had something to do with a remark made to Kristal not that it matters now, I think WWE are missing out on a chance here with Lashley because he's demands will be nowhere near that of Brock Lesnar and he is more then capable of being in the main event and would be fine in the PG era.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
And I forget what was actually said, but I think Hayes pissed off Lashley with a racist remark if I'm remembering right... Which I may not be, I may be thinking of Farooq.

I'm pretty sure he was unhappy with how they were treating his real life girlfriend Krystal and other backstage things, and I remember reading somewhere and I'm pretty sure he used the "n word" whilst speaking to Lashley.

Another story I do know though is that Hayes and Henry had an incident back at WrestleMania 24 where Hayes said something along the lines of "I'm more of a n----- than you are." to Henry and Henry took offense to it and got into a physical altercation with him. The situation was then reported to upper management, and a 60 day suspension was handed to Michael Hayes. Supposedly Hayes was drinking that week and prior to the incident which was probably one of the major causes for him saying it. Henry has said that he's put it behind him now though.

Last edited:

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
He's not much of a name.

I can't see why they would want to bring him back, most the audience has probably already forgotten him.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
If WWE think that they can make money with him then they will bring him back. I can see why they would be hesitant to bring him back after how he left the company BUT just look at Brock Lesnar. He screwed the company over in the way he left yet WWE are more than happy to deal with him now because he can make them a lot of money.

It has been a long time since Lashley was last in WWE so he wouldn't have a built in fanbase like a Lesnar but I am sure WWE could make him a maineventer again if they wanted to.

Johnny Ace

Reaction score
I just don't think Bobby Lashley can put butts in seats bottomline. He is not that great, but he is good and all he had to do really was work on his mic skills. He is 100% better than that piece fof crap ass clown, Ezekiel Jackson, and I just hope the WWE doesn't think that they have Big Zeke that they don't need another big black wrestler.

AF.

Reaction score
WWE should have brought him back. There's a spot for him on SmackDown and WWE needs talent, so why not?

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Bobby Lashley sucked.

I just never found him entertaining the slightest.

Chriss

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries2
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
WWE needs Bobby. When I look to the WWE roster I can see only two muscular guys and those two have na skill. I mean, Bobby wasnt the best but hes been a good mucular "monster" or however you call it. He just needs to work in his mic skills.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
Not too bothered about this news really. Would've been nice to see him back but I couldn't really see WWE benefiting from him.

Last edited:

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Lashley wasn't much, apart from a the mega push he received, nothing memorable from his stint.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
I am not buying this. They would take him back because it is business and he has a higher payoff than their youth and could be a player on raw or SD assuming Hayes doesn't call him a N again. He is young, believable, has credentials, and was over so he would be an asset regardless of how he left as he never said a bad thing about WWE, th mcmahons, or anyone but well Hayes.

Last edited: