WWE Names Its Top 50 Superstars Of All Time

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

pumpt73

Reaction score
I like Snuka, but to be honest, I never seen all that much of him. From what I know, he was vehemently hated by the fans, turned face, as was universally loved. One of the few to be able to achieve something like that. I've never seen his matches with Backlund, but have heard that they were fantastic bouts. As were his bouts with Muraco. Snuka from what I've read formed some pretty solid tag teams in the NWA with Ray Stevens and Paul Orndorff winning the NWA Tag Titles with each. WWE is going to rank him because he was so wildly popular during his time in WWF. People bring up the coconut getting smashed across his head. Well, that's perfect psychology right there. When Piper did that, he was even more hated than ever before, and Snuka was even more loved.

Airfixx

Reaction score
To be honest, I don't like Snuka anymore.

As if whether you like the guy or not has any vbearing on what heights he reached during his career. :roll:

Sure maybe he is a legend but he is extremely overrated.

Only (thus far) in YOUR opinion.

So I guess it's due to that and the guy is a woman beater and killer.

Relavent to the debate how, exactly? (Should I bring up the fact that Scott Hall has been a drunken waste of space for over 10 years of his 18 years in the spotlight? ...See below list)

He obviously doesn't compare to the big boys Hogan, Flair, Savage, Rock, Austin, Sammartino, HBK, Undertaker etc.

So he isn't 'up there' with 8 guys that are widely regarded amongst the best ever....?

No shit, but the list puts him at #32 so WDF are you complaining about? :roll:

Hell he doesn't compare to Kevin Nash, Scott Hall, Sid Vicious, Lex Luger, Honky Tonk Man, Scott Steiner, Kane, etc guys who were the closest to hanging with the big boys.

Snuka > Vicious, Luger, Scott Steiner (as a singles guy) & Kane without a moments hesitation...

Sure he probably is a legend

Make your damn mind up! :roll:

...but he hasn't done accomplished as much as those guys

when it comes down to it more people care and remember those guys than Snuka.

You need to quantify those two statements otherwise they are worthless.

...Please explain how Luger (as a singles competitor) for example is more '"cared" about and "remembered" than Snuka?

Your posts on this matter are simply ignorant and you have posed no plausible arguments to back them up. ---->

CMS

Reaction score
I'll take a moment to say Kane when it is all said and done will be more of a legend than Snuka was.

...god...

Reaction score
Kane is the most talented on that second list of people, agreed.

Airfixx

Reaction score
My comments aren't based upon who I think is more talented or who I like better.

Snuka was one of the quinessential 80's baby-faces; particularly with regard to the WWF.

Kane is predominantly an upper midcard jobber.

Reaction score
Yet another worthless post. Institutional Racism against Pacific Islanders?

Are you fucking serious?

I know you're trying, but you can stop. Your butt shouldn't be hurting this long. And no matter how hard I could try I could never top your 1750 usless, unfunny and unorginal posts, guywhothinkshe'sfunnybutisn't.

But for arguments sake, before Hogan, the E was another territory. NYC being the biggest part of their market. 8 million people. Sanmartino was champ because of those 8 million people in their home turf, there was a large portion that was of Italian decent and paid to see him as champ. Same for Morales. But Snuka, and this has ben said on a few shoot interviews, namely David Schultz and Tito Santana's worthless vid, that they wouldn't take the chance with Snuka because they didn't believe there were enough Islander's in the city to bankroll his reign. Racism, racial profiling of a population, whatever you want to call it, it was the reason the man didn't carry the strap. So again, I'd like to kindly recommend you go fuck yourself.

CMS

Reaction score
Well, Kane was one of the main faces during the Attitude Era, and has remained relevant, for his entire career since 1997 to 2010, thing Snuka can't said, as when his career winded down, he became a lowcard jobber.

Veritas

Reaction score
So let's do a board poll to see how everyone thinks the list should stand. I'll do the math work if we can get enough participation. If everyone will PM me their own Top 50 of All-Time (Any Era, Any Promotion, Any Country) list, I'll add them up and post them. Anyone interested?

Could I maybe get a Mod to make this official? Like I said, I'll do the work - just need some participation.

McFly...

Reaction score
And after Undertaker defeated Kane in their first WM match, that was supposed to be the end of Kane. To make a great career out of a gimmick that was supposed to last temporarily, is great.

Airfixx

Reaction score
Guys, my stance here is Pro-Snuka, not Anti-Kane....

Well, Kane was one of the main faces during the Attitude Era, and has remained relevant, for his entire career since 1997 to 2010, thing Snuka can't said, as when his career winded down, he became a lowcard jobber.

On the contrary, having the second before last match at both Sumemrslam 89 & Wrestlemania 6 tell me that when he returned (at which point his career was admittedly on the decline) he was still an upper card guy.

As for Kane being one of the main FACES of the Attitude era... Are you sure?

As per my recollection, what with stints with The Corporation, The Ministry, The Corporate Ministry, being deployed AGAINST SCSA countless times and 2 fueds against a FACE Undertaker, I'd say he was bearly a face at all during the Attitude era.. The only thing I specifically remember him doing face-wise was his short run buddying up with X-Pac.

CMS

Reaction score
I meant face as being a prominent character in the Attitude Era, not as in babyface

Airfixx

Reaction score
OK, I get ya, but to counter, similarly Snuka was one of the main faces of the Rock 'n Wrestling/Early WWF-era(*).

(*An era which in time, IMO, will prove to have made a longer lasting impression on the mainstream conciousness... Sooner or later the D-Lo Browns & Val Venis's of this world will mean virtually nothing to peeps whilst fond memories of even the mid-card guys & tag teams from the 80's will live on and thus be more worth of the mantle "legendary".)