WWE MUST sign this guy!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

C4

Look, there isn't a problem if he comes into the WWE. The argument that he won't fit into American Wrestling style is totally Blue. Whoever said that a Mexican Wrestler can't adopt the American Wrestling style? Plain stupid reason, there have been tonnes of wrestlers in the past who were foreign and they became Superstars, examples are pretty much clear, aren't they?

he doesn't speak english!

Who said that? Mistico has a degree in English! :rolleyes:

He's short, foreign and no mic skills?

He has some amazing in-ring skills and that's all that matters. There have been many wrestlers in the past who fit into all three categories.. none of them matter if you're a dedicated 'wrestler' inside the ring, Mistico has those qualities that few guys have.

The Rated R CMStar

none of them matter if you're a dedicated 'wrestler' inside the ring, Mistico has those qualities that few guys have.

In the WWE it does

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

The fact that WWE signs guys or are interested in someone, doesn't mean they have a future: see Scotty Goldman

When you instantly try to sign someone, it usually means that you'd make a spot for them. You wouldn't get all excited, just to leave someone i developmental for a few years.

tnafan454

Reaction score
the thing is if WWE signs him they will cut his moveset down due to risk of botching the moves seen in that video. TNAmay leave his moveset alone so it would be better for him to get there

Rated R Stud

Reaction score
Mistco is AMAZING, no doubt about it, but WWE would waste him and job him out to everybody and their mother, I want TNA to sign Mistco, he could be their Rey Mysterio.

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
I'm all for great wrestling talent to go into the WWE, but I see things differently. The WWE signs personalities and bodies, not because of their movesets. WWE also signs guys when they're peaking too, most of the time guys actually were at the top before they were signed. (ex. Paul London, Matt Sydal, Harry Smith) Most of the big indy guys the WWE have signed had personalities and gimmicks which were totally unique, or they stuck out. (ex. CM Punk, Colt Cabana, random big guys) There always will be good wrestlers that are free agents around the entire world, but it's pretty rare when you find someone with personality and uniqueness.

As for Mistico, I think the signing of any luchadore/Hispanic wrestler (Rocky Romero AZUCAR) would be good for the Hispanic WWE audience, which is probably huge. Guys in lucha that I think would fit in the WWE nicely are Ricky Banderas, Chessman, Shocker, and Cibernetico. Those are all long shots though, I think that the WWE would be more interested in guys that speak English or could get over as a face like Mysterio.

1chiban

Reaction score
the thing is if WWE signs him they will cut his moveset down due to risk of botching the moves seen in that video. TNAmay leave his moveset alone so it would be better for him to get there

True. He would fit better with the spotfest that are TNA X Division matches. The problem with all of these more exciting workers is that it takes two to tango - the WWE doesn't hire wrestlers who can work with a style like that. Just look at Rey Mysterio - bar some matches with Kurt Angle has he really had any matches that come close to his Mexican matches, or ones with Psychosis in ECW to use a notable example? Mistico looks like a great talent in Mexico, and I wish I could see Mexican wrestling here in the UK, but it would only be a disaster. Sorry Beer, but WWE SHOULDN'T hire this guy.

WCW Rules

Reaction score
I'm all for great wrestling talent to go into the WWE, but I see things differently. The WWE signs personalities and bodies, not because of their movesets. WWE also signs guys when they're peaking too, most of the time guys actually were at the top before they were signed. (ex. Paul London, Matt Sydal, Harry Smith) Most of the big indy guys the WWE have signed had personalities and gimmicks which were totally unique, or they stuck out. (ex. CM Punk, Colt Cabana, random big guys) There always will be good wrestlers that are free agents around the entire world, but it's pretty rare when you find someone with personality and uniqueness.

As for Mistico, I think the signing of any luchadore/Hispanic wrestler (Rocky Romero AZUCAR) would be good for the Hispanic WWE audience, which is probably huge. Guys in lucha that I think would fit in the WWE nicely are Ricky Banderas, Chessman, Shocker, and Cibernetico. Those are all long shots though, I think that the WWE would be more interested in guys that speak English or could get over as a face like Mysterio.

Oh man, any of those guys in the 'E would OWN, particularly Cibernetico. Banderas is a good big man wrestler while Shocker is pretty solid, and Chessman is like a hispanic Rhino. Those guys could do well in the 'E if given the right pushes.

1chiban

Reaction score
But we all know what would happen... :(

NinoBrown

Reaction score
WWE does need more outside North America talent but I don't wanna see great talent wasted in the E.

Beer

Maybe I got the title of this thread wrong then. Because I can see where you are coming from by saying WWE should not sign him, but I seriously think that if American Wrestling should, no matter what some American Promotion should sign him.

New unofficial Title of this Thread:

An American Promotion other than WWE MUST sign this guy

WCW Rules

Reaction score
He'll be used in TNA, but what to what end? Their X-Division is horrible right now, and executed quite poorly. Where else will he fit in TNA? To me, he belongs with other luchas; if you sign other luchas, I suppose Mistico can follow.

The Rated R CMStar

Besides, we're not conting the fact that at CMLL, Mistico makes a shitload of money, and in TNA or WWE he wouldn't win as much.