WWE more for kids?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Tom_RIP

Reaction score
I think that the wwe is turning their attention to kids (for obvious reasons), but they seem to be forgetting the more "adult" viewer. The fact that there will be less blood, and the new release of the kids magazine. In my own opinion i have enjoyed less of the WWE because of the less excitement it doesn't offer.

MikeRaw

I dont think its going too young as of now.
I mean, theres still blood, still some "matureish" jokes and IMO, I see it as being the same as 2005ish.
I admit at times though that it is getting a bit more kiddy...

Is it childish compared to the attitude era? Yes
Is it childish compared to 2003-2004? Yes
Is it childish compared to the last 4 years? No
(IMO)

I think its still basically the same, but a little more as of late. But Vince goes through different stages, to try to gain more viewers, but soon enough he;ll realise hes losing viewers this way, and stop the kiddie movement...

Vince needs to understand that its stupid to try to aim it towards kids, because hed be losing alot of his older viewers, and for every 10 viewers he lsoes, hed gain like 4 or 5, so hed really be losing.
He needs to realise that its much easier to stick to what made him popular, and keep all his fans he has now, and if he gains others, fine...

But anyways, me answer is sort of mixed, because its tough to say.

C4

I like it... they are focusing on the younger audience, it's good to see them bring out the Kids Magazine along with producing kids DVD's and then having the rights to their action figures transferred to a new company also heard something about the WWE cartoons coming in later this year... however they won't be able to top my wrestling cartoons.. :shifty:

But it's just that they are expanding and building another base focusing on the younger audience, they aren't really leaving out the "adult" content, it's like both together and in my opinion that is very good to see them doing this.

Airfixx

@ Mike Raw: I think your perception of their marketing strategy (as it were) is way off....

It's all about appealing to fans at a young enough age, during the 'below-peak' years in the wrestling cycle so that they form your core audience that will stay with you for the next 10 - 15 years... If you are succesful in this (and this is where the genius of VKM & co. come in), you can then evolve the product along with them, effectively synching the 'cycle' to the average age of your core audience.

People often comment along the lines of "WWE are neglecting the fans that got them through the hard times" (Monday night wars), but I think that's unfair... Those fans have already had their era of the product being aimed at directly at them.

If it wasn't this way then you'd have a tonne of storylines and wrestlers that no-one but an old, balding .001% of their fanbass can relate to.

That said, with specific regard to the Batista/HBK/Jericho angle right now, I think WWE do consider the more mature viewer, just maybe not as much as some of the 'the oldies' give them credit for, or indeed as much as creative etc. and the bookers would probably like.

Tom_RIP

Reaction score
C4 I agree with what you say , i think that the more mature viewing side of the WWE is slacking a bit, for example the ratings