WWE Money in the Bank Heads to London!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Death By Looch

I Believe In Joe Hendry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
arnanderson
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
vader2
Favorite Wrestler
yujinagata
Favorite Wrestler
bethphoenix
There were reports of it yeah, makes it almost feel like Trips is packing it up out of America vindictively lol probably not the case since its gonna be treated like a big deal but it was a thought i had lmao
Feels a bit like they couldn't fit it on the Mania weekend this year, so they said "Fuck it, let's do another one". :lol I don't mind, except for the possible Kotr/Qotr happening somewhere over the summer and MITB PPV with two MITB matches too... feels a bit too dense. :hmm:

Lackin

I'm a F'kn Mark - It's my real name.
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
zFgjY9e
I.... don't know how I feel about this.

Love that a big-time PLE is headed to the UK again, but I am surprised at the venue. Isn't the O2 an arena? I thought they'd go back for another stadium show.
My guess is they want to run it in London (I remember last time in Wales there were issues with hotels, transport etc. Cardiff is quite a small city compared the others) London obviously has more transport routes and more accessible. The stadium issue could just be down to availability. Wembley might be booked or being used (maybe too big for what they want). But on the flip side in June the Football season is over but this year it might be extended cause of the WC not actually checked.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Feels like they would be leaving too much money on the table by not having it a stand alone event as i'd imagine the event is an easy sell when it's not going against the UFC in the same city too.

Storm Trooper

If I can be Storm Trooper for a Minute
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
zackryder
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
samizayn
Favorite Wrestler
7rtdSS0
Favorite Wrestler
88j8DYn
Favorite Wrestler
LmZfvje
Favorite Sports Team
RRzOmtg
Favorite Sports Team
bMIeUcR
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
I figured they'd run Wembley. If think they'd move the PLE to fit Wembley.

Either way stoked it is in UK. Hate that it is a Saturday as I work Saturdays so I won't be able to watch it.... Unless I take time off and go on a trip....

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
I feel like they will only run stadium shows over here that have retractable roofs and that obviously limits the locations massively.

Reactions: Marty McFourth

Wiseman

O.J.A.S.
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
eddiekingston
Favorite Wrestler
coltcabana
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
I feel like they will only run stadium shows over here that have retractable roofs and that obviously limits the locations massively.
Honestly, I think this is accurate and I think it's for obvious reasons. That is the weather and especially in an event that has two ladder matches it definitely should be done for safety.

Order

Send HOOK
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
batista
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
reymysterio
Favorite Sports Team
53tBXAk
It is, holds 20,000 and will sell out mighty fast I imagine. Maybe they couldn't get a bigger venue. Would be very risky to have any stadium with an open roof here.

Reactions: Marty McFourth

Storm Trooper

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
zackryder
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
samizayn
Favorite Wrestler
7rtdSS0
Favorite Wrestler
88j8DYn
Favorite Wrestler
LmZfvje
Favorite Sports Team
RRzOmtg
Favorite Sports Team
bMIeUcR
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
There's.... no roof on Wembley? The current Wembley is pretty new you'd think theyd have put a roof on it.

Does England have any roofed stadiums? I know NFL does Tottenham a lot is that roofed?

Lackin

I'm a F'kn Mark - It's my real name.
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
zFgjY9e
There's.... no roof on Wembley? The current Wembley is pretty new you'd think theyd have put a roof on it.

Does England have any roofed stadiums? I know NFL does Tottenham a lot is that roofed?
Wembley is partly covered. Basically covers the crowd but not the full pitch. Biggest Stadium that has a full roof is Cardiff's Millennium Stadium.

Storm Trooper

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
zackryder
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
samizayn
Favorite Wrestler
7rtdSS0
Favorite Wrestler
88j8DYn
Favorite Wrestler
LmZfvje
Favorite Sports Team
RRzOmtg
Favorite Sports Team
bMIeUcR
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
Wembley is partly covered. Basically covers the crowd but not the full pitch. Biggest Stadium that has a full roof is Cardiff's Millennium Stadium.
That's where they were for Clash at the Casle right? If that's the only one yeah WWE won't go to the UK for an open air building. Too high a risk for rain and rain dates aren't really feasible. If anything they could have Sunday be a rain date if they do RAW from the UK as well.

Reactions: Order

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
That's where they were for Clash at the Casle right? If that's the only one yeah WWE won't go to the UK for an open air building. Too high a risk for rain and rain dates aren't really feasible. If anything they could have Sunday be a rain date if they do RAW from the UK as well.
Nah Clash was in Wales with the only retractable roof stadium in the UK I think.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
My guess is they want to run it in London (I remember last time in Wales there were issues with hotels, transport etc. Cardiff is quite a small city compared the others) London obviously has more transport routes and more accessible. The stadium issue could just be down to availability. Wembley might be booked or being used (maybe too big for what they want). But on the flip side in June the Football season is over but this year it might be extended cause of the WC not actually checked.
The transport issues weren't too bad. Last train for most people was before Roman/Drew but that's been standard Cardiff for a while, and ongoing rail worker strikes aren't gonna help that.

Hotels sold out super fast. I was lucky to live relatively close and get a lift back, but even that took us an hour to get out of the car park.
The plus side was the city centre was an easily walkable hub of nutty wrestling fans, so the atmosphere was superb. Not sure it will be as straightforward with London but they should have the transport links to cope.

That said, I'm registering my interest at least. London is no where near as convenient for me and will likely involve an overnight stay, but there'll be more options in the capital at least.

Order

Send HOOK
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
batista
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
reymysterio
Favorite Sports Team
53tBXAk
Yep, Cardiff is the only covered stadium which means they have limited options. I think if they are doing it yearly they will stick to arenas tbh

Marty McFourth

Trying to figure out this life thing, what about you
Reaction score
Awesome to hear this news. Clash was an extremely fun show last year. You could tell how much it meant to the crowd getting such a huge event again. Atmosphere should be incredible in London, no doubt. MITB matches are always super hype, and easy to have blast with.

Reactions: Vegeta

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
:francis that’s the day of the Chicago Street Race forNASCAR.

oh well at least when people make a THERE MAKING A LEFT TURN! Joke, I can be like HA! Jokes on you, their turning right also :krillin2

wait no nvm that’s the day after :drose

:slip: tho the Xfinity does race that day..

Last edited: