WWE Monday Night Raw Discussion (August 8, 2011)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
0yNAu.png

-- WWE will be in San Jose, Calif. Monday night completing the Raw brand's build-up to Summerslam next Sunday in Los Angeles.

Advertised for Raw is the "official contract signing" between WWE champions C.M. Punk and John Cena for their title unification match at the PPV.

-- WWE is also advertising Cena and Punk in match action on Raw. Opponents have not been announced. Also, WWE has not said whether they will be in the same match (e.g. a tag match) or in separate matches.

-- With only four matches advertised for the PPV, WWE will be filling out the Summerslam line-up. Potential undercard candidates include Del Rio vs. Kingston and U.S. champion Ziggler vs. Riley.

Contract signings are almost always meh, but with these two, it has the potential to be GREAT. Looking forward to seeing how the rest of the undercard shakes out for Summerslam. Possibly a Miz/Mysterio match in addition to Ziggler/Riley and ADR/Kofi?

Axis

Reaction score
I enjoy that Kofi is Del Rio's go-to "oh crap, ADR just won something big but we didn't plan anything for him after this" opponent.

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
He has one. It's to go BOOM BOOM BOOM. Solid character.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
I think Del Rio might actually be the guy to lose his MITB cash-in match tbh. I'm a bit upset they're using the same exact tactics they used with Miz where he's constantly trying to cash it in but getting decked and having to run with it. That was brilliant for Miz, not so much for Del Rio. He should be a guy who has his music cut on mid-match at times just to distract people to make 'em think he's coming... I dislike the repeat exactly a year after the Miz did it.

But I don't understand why Kofi... and not even a champion Kofi at that. If Kofi had the belt, I'd be fine with it... put the strap on ADR with MITB and have him constantly stalking the champion. But, I guess because Dolph's a heel, it wasn't gonna work for ADR to take the strap.

Rell

Reaction score
I don't think anyone will lose a MITB cash in. There's nothing you can say to make the scenario seem plausible to me. It makes absolutely no sense to diminish the case by having the holder cash in unsuccessfully. I'm not buying that bullshit about unpredictability either. Who gives a fuck if its predictable? its supposed to be. its Money in the fuckin Bank.

I buy losing the case, but cashing in and losing? Naaah

monkeystyle

Reaction score
I don't think anyone will lose a MITB cash in. There's nothing you can to make the scenario seem plausible to me. It makes absolutely no sense to diminish the case by having the holder cash in unsuccessfully. I'm not buying that bullshit about unpredictability either. Who gives a fuck if its predictable? its supposed to be. its Money in the fuckin Bank.

I buy losing the case, but cashing in and losing? Naaah

How about this scenario.

Take a midcard honourable type babyface like Daniel Bryan. He decides that he is going to do the honourable thing and challenge the champion face to face, one on one. During his challenge, the champ decides to pull some heel shit and get himself DQ'd or counted out or whatever, right?

DB then gets the whole sympathy thing going on and then you can make an even bigger story out of his chase for the belt.

How's that?

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Something about that confrontation tells me we'll have a Cena vs. Triple H program soon enough... but something about Hunter and special guest ref makes me wonder if we don't end up with a total "screwjob"

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
LOL @ the IC Title rewinds... shame they don't care as much about that strap anymore... bad for business really.

And now King is riding Punk's nuts because he dislikes Del Rio?

And R Truth is fucking golden... funniest character I've seen in a long time. Thank the Lord they went through with this gimmick change and heel turn.

"Why doesn't R-Truth like spiders? I'm glad you asked me that, Josh!" LOL!!!

...god...

Reaction score
Showing the Rock's promo and calling Cena out on failing to be a bodybuilder while this has been Punk's dream his whole life who's been wrestling far longer than fucking Cena was the best part, just awesome. Oh and mentioning the people that got released, MASTERS! Crowd finally came alive.

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
That final segment, as I figured it would be, was awesome. Like G1 said, the Rock's video, Punk mentioning the guys who got released, and saying Smith's real name was nice. Really good contract signings. One of the best in a long time. I love the way Punk eluded to the fact that we all know how these things end up in fighting at the end anyways, so lets just entertain them. Awesome. Makes me look forward to Sunday even more, even though I really dislike this HHH involvement as special ref. Ughhh.

Oh, and I wonder what Christian's announcement is going to be tomorrow for SD. Seems like it's a pretty big deal if he had to appear on Raw for it. Hmmm.

Mizard of Oz

Reaction score
I know what his announcement is... he's going to say "I'm going to leave WWE with the World Heavyweight Championship and heck, maybe I'll take it to ROH or NJPW."

Then Randy Orton will be all "Oh no you won't because I love these people. I will do everything to PERFORM as WH champion."

and then HHH will pedigree someone, putting himself over and ending the feud..

I mean, not like it hasn't been done before, right?

...god...

Reaction score
wasn't sure about the HHH ref thing at first, but I think it's awesome now, adds a whole new dynamic and makes the match different from the MITB one. But I can see Punk getting screwed all over it, if that ends up with an HHH/Punk feud then I'm all for it.

Axis

Reaction score
Awesome Raw. Miz vs Kofi was better than it should have been, Cena brought his A-game in a throwaway match with Swagger, and Punk and Del Rio managed to fit a ton of awesome stuff into a short match. Truth and Morrison had a rough performance, and their feud has lost a lot of heat imo. Closing segment ruled, with a killer promo from Punk and very good storytelling by Cena.

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler