WWE Monday Night Raw Discussion (August 22, 2011)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
0yNAu.png

Raw - August 22, 2011

xSPmJ.jpg

-- Coming off last week's Summerslam PPV and fall-out on Raw, WWE is advertising an "epic"
edition of Raw on Monday night promising to answer big storyline
questions.

The Raw preview that aired during Superstars on Thursday focused on
current drama involving Kevin Nash, Triple H, Stephanie McMahon, C.M.
Punk, WWE champion Alberto Del Rio, and John Cena that has created an
unclear picture of who's telling the truth and who's aligned with the
on-air power brokers.

-- No matches or specific segments have been announced in-advance for
Raw. Concerning Night of Champions in September, WWE is expected to set
up the main event match involving Del Rio and likely Cena.

WWE's advertising reads: "Since snaring the WWE Title, Alberto Del Rio's
reign has been shrouded in controversy and confusion, especially when
it comes to the management of WWE COO Triple H. Now a target, will Del
Rio see an escalated confrontation with John Cena live on Raw?"

Follow up with the 5 men and a woman power trip should be interesting.

Reaction score
Good Raw. Made Del Rio look strong, they made me wonder if Cena is part of the conspiracy, furthered the Punk-Nash storyline, started the revamp of the tag division (and Otunga and McHennig were looking good and picking up steam) Del Rio- Morrison was nice and gave Miz and Truth something to do while making me wonder what exactly their next move is. And them telling the crowd "you suck" to the tune of "what's up" was funny as shit. Good stuff.

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
Yeah, it was enjoyable. Nash was a bit better this week than last. I want to see Nash wrestle again for some reason (idk why), and I know if there's anyone that can carry him, it'd be Punk, but I'm still cringing at the match that's about to seemingly happen.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Good Raw. Made Del Rio look strong, they made me wonder if Cena is part of the conspiracy, furthered the Punk-Nash storyline, started the revamp of the tag division (and Otunga and McHennig were looking good and picking up steam) Del Rio- Morrison was nice and gave Miz and Truth something to do while making me wonder what exactly their next move is. And them telling the crowd "you suck" to the tune of "what's up" was funny as shit. Good stuff.

I agree with you damn near every single point except the tag division. Yeah, it's getting restarted... but the blew a perfect opportunity to debut a new team after Kofi/Bourne won. Even if they didn't do it during the in-ring celebration, the interview afterwards would have still made the shit awesome. But the mini-celebration was cool... made it seem like the titles regained a bit of meaning, though that alone kinda buries Otungillicutty. I'd have gone fucking crazy if KOW made their appearance, or WGTT (though I know that's just wishful thinking and seemingly none too likely), or even the YB's like G1 said in the shoutbox.

Then again, I wouldn't mind seeing the remaining Nexus take on Bourne/Kofi at NOC until they set up whoever it is they want making the huge appearance.

Tonight also left me wondering even more if Stephanie is conspiring against Trips... or if Trips isn't clueless at all >_>.

But Del Rio was legit tonight, and his match with Morrison was pretty fucking exciting. Fuck Cena in the title picture forreal...

Reaction score
Yeah, it was enjoyable. Nash was a bit better this week than last. I want to see Nash wrestle again for some reason (idk why), and I know if there's anyone that can carry him, it'd be Punk, but I'm still cringing at the match that's about to seemingly happen.

Should be a quick match. Nash dominates a few minutes, Punk hits some kicks, taps Nash out with the Anaconda vice since he wouldnt be able to pull the GTS on him, at least I dont think he could.

MattHardyV1

Reaction score
Raw was entertaining this week. I liked alot of what I saw. Missed the opening segment, anything good? Otherswise I saw the end of the Del Rio match and damn theyve put this guy over everyone clean lately. Hes been looking like an absolute monster. Now all he needs is the CLEAN win over Cena at NOC and theres a new solidified main eventer. Very happy that Morrison was the guy that he whooped up on too. As im not a huge fan of Morrison and see him as a tag team only kinda guy.

I was kinda excited about the Divas thing going on with Beth/Natayla coming to fuck shit up. But ever since their heel turns, all we've seen is them try to look 'prettier' than they used to. How about some old school post match ass kickings, with these two big ass girls coming in and running over every little 'Diva' on the roster. And damn is it a shame that Kharma had to take time off, she had me so interested in the womens wrestling portion of the show again, now all its good for is seeing chicks like Kelly and AJ roll around on eachother, damn is that AJ fucking slammin.

HHH/Nash promo was alright. But I feel like we need a little more dialouge. Like part of me feels like they arent talking enough and giving us insight on wtf is going on in this storyline, but then I realize that that is a good thing. They are taking their time with this storyline and going week by week, rather than rushed/forced booking that we've seen for quite a while now.But anyways Nash and HHH make Punk look like a fucking child lmao and Punks promos have cooled down wayy too much since Summerslam. How many more lame Stephanie jokes can we take. Jericho gave us plenty of that back in the early 00s. And at least his were comical. Punks jokes on Steph are getting pretty lame imo. I havent given up on this though, I still feel HHH/Nash/Punk can go out and cut one hell of a promo together, we just have to wait for the right moment.

I mean I guess the tag title thing is bittersweet for me. I am really big fans of both Mike McG and Otunga, and really didnt like to see Lawler completley bury them on commentary, and then have them lose the belts clean. And to another one of these god damn 2 random mid carder faces thrown together teams. Especially one with Korni Kingston in it, whom I fucking HATE. Everything from his in ring style to his rediculously gay mic work, which is where the sweet part comes in, being that Kofi is still stuck in the mid card, and it dosent look like hes getting out any time soon if ever. Which is AWESOMEE..

Kinda like this new 'Awesome Truth' team we got to see tonight. Not only did they give me the biggest breath of relief when they came out and beat Santino's overplayed ass and made sure he didnt have a random ass waste match on raw. But they also are my two favorite legit heels on Raw right now and actually two of my favorite guys on the roster period. Especially Truth. They clicked immediately that promo was absolute gold. Hopefully they keep these two together as some kind of main event stable, they could be the guys to bring some credibility back to the tag titles too who knows. They could go alot of different ways with this and im loving it.

The main event was pretty damn good as far as the match itself was concerned. And JR called most of the match which added on to it greatly.I kinda figured Nash was gonna run out and screw Punk over but I figured Laurinitus woulda had alot more involvement at the end. For someone who runs talent relations the guy dosent seem to have any type of acting talents whatsoever. Worst stooge in history imo. But the end left us hanging and made Del Rio look like an even bigger monster at the same time. He whooped Cenas ass lmao. Great ending imo. Coulda been put together alot better but still delievered for sure. Its starting to make me look forward to the next episode a week in advance again.

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si

...god...

Reaction score
What I gathered from this was almost a surefire hint that Triple H is involved in the 'conspiracy'. Kinda torn on it if it's true, I really wanna see heel Trips again but it'd be the same thing that he's always done two times before so it would be obvious in a sense however makes sense with his words. He said to Punk "don't think for one second I'm not the same damn guy I've always been"... the guy who stabbed everyone in the back and plotted shit like this all the time; i.e. CEREBRAL ASSASSIN. Planned Austin getting run down and beating down HBK in the parking lot. And the whole receiving a text thing and HHH just up and leaves? I think next week Ace is gonna say he really did get a text that Nash was in an accident and may just have nothing to do with it at all. Then the Punk asking him why he has a problem with him being champ, I could see HHH bringing that up and confirming he DOES indeed have a problem with Punk as champ.

NerdcoreWannabe

Reaction score
I think it will be just fine. Cena's hypocrisy as a character has reached such exorbitant levels that he HAS to betrolling the IWC. Which is perfect when you think about it.

sharkboy 3:16

Reaction score
Awesome RAW, suprised there hasnt been many people talking about it. Some good matches, the opener was pretty good and the Main Event was awesome, gay how Cena won but you cant be disappointed since you know its happening. Its alright though it furthers the Nash/Punk stuff which is really keeping me watching at this point. Miz/Truth promo was one of the best Ive seen in ages that hasnt had Punk involved, they both mixed really well together and the crowd were really into it the whole way through got some good heat. The rapping at the end was hilarious, especially the little jimmy line, was good stuff. Great to see theyre finally moving with the tag division too, King was being pretty harsh towards the former champs but hes right, they havent really done shit. Hopefully now they get a legit division going with fueds and have title matches more often. I was actually thinking in the main event that nash would comeback and attack Punk and Cena then their would be no #1 contender but instead he jus screws punk, be interesting to see what happens next week.