WWE Monday Night Raw Discussion (August 15, 2011)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
0yNAu.png

Raw - August 15, 2011

uhOTo.jpg

-- New WWE champion Alberto Del Rio is scheduled to make his first WWE Title defense against Rey Mysterio in Mysterio's hometown of San Diego in the Raw main event.

-- The two former WWE champions, John Cena and C.M. Punk, and on-air authority figure Triple H will be the central focus of Summerslam PPV fall-out.

-- It remains to be seen what Stephanie McMahon and/or Kevin Nash's involvement will be in the Summerslam fall-out following their returns at Summerslam.

-- Jim Ross was bumped from the Summerslam broadcast, but tweeted he is in San Diego for Raw.

-- Advertised for the live crowd in San Diego is the TV main event of Mysterio vs. the Summerslam title match main event, which turned out to be Del Rio via his MITB cash-in.

Really looking forward to seeing what the fall out is from all this Punk/Cena/HHH/Nash/Steph stuff is. Should be interesting. Also, the title match should be good, if they do indeed follow through with the one-on-one match and don't change it.

...god...

Reaction score
haven't watched it all, but from the Nash and HHH stuff I think Stephanie sent the text to Nash through HHH's phone? Think someone speculated Stephanie getting revenge for her father/is working with him, that may be where they're headed, don't know.

MattHardyV1

Reaction score
My guess is Laurinitus sent the text through HHHs phone, at least thats what I gathered from the promo with him and Nash backstage. But if anything was a clusterfuck, it was Raw tonight imo. Especially the announce team.

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
Cena's promo at the end was hilarious. Yelling and getting all mad at Del Rio when he should be pissed at HHH for fucking up the call in his match last night. Also telling Del Rio that it's all about passion and not taking short cuts to get the WWE title, when Cena beat Rey for the title 3 weeks ago and Rey had already wrestled earlier in the night. Not to mention the WWE seems to condone the action of cashing the MITB in when the champ is at the most vulnerable. Fucking Cena.

Oh, and why was there never any other sign from HHH after his opening promo? Surely a talk with Punk, Nash, Cena, etc should have been in order. Lame. Whatever. Still an entertaining Raw.

Edit- And Swagger's failed attempt at a gutwrench on Riley like 3 times was fucking LOL worthy.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
The first hour was absolutely horrendous. There was no need to have Triple H's segment.

Truth should not have been given a theme, the silence was perfect... but God Almighty if you're going to give him music, don't make it the same horrendous shit from before the change! GIVE HIM SOMETHING NEW AND UNIQUE! Then that match bored the Hell out of me... I've seen better Truth vs. Morrison matches, and tonight wasn't impressive at all to me.

Divas tag should have been the opening, horrendous match imo... I'm less and less impressed with the Bellas every opportunity they get to go on TV, and I'm damn sure not fond of Eve in any way whatsoever right now... ESPECIALLY in what looks to be a lead-up to Eve vs. Kelly. And why not have the Divas of Doom face Eve & Kelly instead of the Bellas? They form this union and then they don't ever get to work together? But, thank the Lord we got to see Natalya's wonderful ass in that dress tonight...

Nash vs. Punk was okay... it elevated the storyline a bit. I liked that they didn't answer any questions there... and for Nash to get this protection and whatnot... "OMG CM PUNK NAMEDROPPED AGAIN AND YOU ALL THINK HE'S GOD FOR IT"... You're damn right! Awesome personal against Nash there... but his new era shit vs. a guy who literally has used his runs in the 90's as some sort of example as to how the business SHOULD be... Punk did a good job.

Johnny Ace talking to Nash didn't make me think Ace hired him to do the hit... but I definitely think Ace still has ties with Vince... and Vince is still involved in some way... and perhaps Nash is a Vince guy.

Riley vs. Swagger... SMDH! Whoever it was on here who thought Riley was going to be the next Cena... kiss my ass. Dude botched the FUCK out of Swagger's gutwrench powerbomb deadweighting himself and making Swagger look horrid. However, while everyone (including myself) talks shit about the announcing tonight, I was actually pleased with Dolph's presence during this match... the kid did a good job... a bit crazy that even Cole was talking shit about Vickie though, usually he's her only supporter.

Stephanie telling Punk she's sorry he lost the belt but that people get what they deserve... really makes me wonder her involvement... and I was the one who speculated if she sent the text from Hunter's phone...

Tag match was alright, but, as I said in the shoutbox, why have Kofi in a feud with Del Rio where Kofi last had the advantage, have Del Rio cash in & win the title, and send Kofi to team with Bourne to possibly start a feud for the tag belts? Granted, Kofi & Bourne were a good team and can definitely be a team that can grow and be exciting... but I would have capitalized with Kofi taking on Del Rio in order to keep Cena and Punk away from the belt for a little while (I'll get to that later). However, the constant requests from commentary about the tag division becoming a focus makes me wonder if that report of Trips wanting to focus on tag teams is legit after all... and how long before we see the KOW in the ring...

Del Rio vs. Rey was an exciting match, and thank God it was a clean finish which made Del Rio look stronger. The attack on Rey could possibly be writing Rey off TV... knee injury anyone?!? Cena attacking him frustrates me as Cena plays the good guy who NEEDS the belt and rah rah fucking rah! Save the day!? Cena should have started a feud with Hunter while Punk deals with Nash while they try to figure out if Hunter is really involved with Nash or not. Cena vs. COO Trips would've been awesome right now, especially the way Cena's working his promos recently. However, this promo was solid nonetheless... the energy he had made it work. However, if this leads back into Cena being involved in every WWE Championship scenario like it has been the past 4 years, I'm giving up while we're ahead... unless Cena loses cleanly to Del Rio... which might be exactly what ADR needs to look like a dominant heel. Yeah, maybe snake out of the first match... but that second one, let him win decisively.

A BIT disappointed they didn't answer questions with Punk/Hunter/Steph/Nash/Ace at the end... but it definitely builds on for next week and I like the hesitation on it. Be serious, if they answered everything tonight, you fucks would complain it's too early and they have no patience and we got robbed out of a good couple weeks worth of booking. Good decision... but disappointment stems from not knowing... as a fan... and it only makes me more anxious to tune in next week to get answers.

Pretty good second hour... but that first hour was the worst since well before Mania... maybe even since Survivor Series, tbh. Horrible...

Axis

Reaction score
Tbf, I think that Swagger knocked Riley silly with the clothesline to the back of the head. Swagger was essentially having to pick up deadweight, and Riley was out of it.

...god...

Reaction score
I think Axis is right, Riley was prob out cold and he's a big fucking guy so Swagger's pretty goddamn strong to be able to do that. Also, Truth's song is fine, except you can still hear the "WHATS UP". It still makes sense to have no singing.

Stephanie telling Punk she's sorry he lost the belt but that people get what they deserve... really makes me wonder her involvement... and I was the one who speculated if she sent the text from Hunter's phone...
You were? Clearly you didn't read the first post in this thread discussing the end of Raw.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Luke Flywalker 08-15-2011 10:19 PM
Steph stole Hunter's phone to text Kev >_>
MizMasta3000 08-15-2011 10:18 PM
STEPHANIE!!!

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
lol.

You know what would rule? If Nash was Punk's guy all along and Punk set it up to get Trips to feel secure >_>. I mean, Nash did offer to help Punk in the first place (on Twitter about 3 weeks ago) and we never got an answer either way.

...god...

Reaction score
also remember the text said stick the winner, not Punk, so that means the person is probably working with Del Rio in some way.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
^Could be Vince telling Steph what to do leading to a feud between Steph & Trips >_>!!!

Man, I'm fucking hooked! Thank God they didn't tell us anything last night! All they did was open doors to all these possible angles imo.

...god...

Reaction score
I thought the ending was shit, but okay. Probably because I just despise the character of Cena and this overdone bullshit where he comes and fights off the bad guys and has now inserted himself into the title for the 84598435943985th time. Plus I was expecting X-PAC to hit his Blue ass with a chair or something. Btw, if HBK doesn't show up sometime along the road in this storyline and engages in a war of words with Punk, it'll be a huge missed boat.

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
Or because of what I said in post 5 as well. It was just stupid and awful in the context.