WWE Meeting With Stadium Officials Overseas

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
from Wrestlinginc.com said:
- WWE officials will be meeting with officials from the Millennium Stadium in Cardiff, Wales on Friday about the idea of doing a mega-show, perhaps a pay-per-view event from there. The Stadium holds around 75,000 fans.WWE hasn't held a worldwide pay-per-view from the UK since the 1992 SummerSlam. WWE officials have also met with representatives from a stadium in London as well as Old Trafford, a soccer stadium in Manchester that holds 75,000.

Read more: WWE Meeting With Stadium Officials Overseas, Punk Books His Own Appearance On Popular Show - WrestlingInc.com

Don't know how much to read into this, but imo it would be a good idea. I'm not saying hold Mania here, because that would be pointless, but a regular PPV would be cool. I think WWE could easily sell out at least a 50 thousand seater here in the UK, and I honestly don't see the problem with a UK exclusive PPV like there has been in the past.

Thoughts? (cue the typical it's never gonna happen comments)

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
Would be a very smart move honestly, they have a huge and loyal fanbase over there. Would be interesting to hear the crowd reactions.

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
The hardest thing to manage would be the time difference. You can do a RAW or Smackdown overseas because you can tape it and show it in its normal timeslot. But you can't really do the same for a Pay-Per-View. If they can figure that out; I'd be all for it.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
Cwalker they had UK exclusive Pay Per Views over here before so I could see them going for it. But hey, they could even go live in the USA if the show started at like 7pm UK time, just have it air live in America, and also do a repeat. I'm guessing they gate sales would accomodate for any money lost not being on at the usual time in the states.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Can't WWE just get an Australian mid-lower carder so we can have a taped show over here for once? We're pretty cool.

Reactions: 1 person

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
The return of Rebellion and Insurrextion IMO, that and they will likely sell it for 9.99 like they did those ppvs years ago

Mick Donalds

Banned
Reaction score
Let's move the King of the Ring to the UK. Make it annual. Have the stage and entrance decked out in the Union Jack and monarchial British themed accessories.

Lewb

Reaction score
I would love this. Just a 20 minute trip away to one of the most impressive stadiums I've seen tbh. 75,000 fans, and a retractable roof. CMON WWE!

Dod Draper

Reaction score
I'd definitely get tickets. Sounds awesome in theory, but I won't buy into it until there's solid news.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Would have thought that Wembley would be more suitable than the MS or OT really. Also kinda funny this coming out too as I read that the WWE were dissapointed with ticket sales over here for house shows, obviously a PPV would be a different calibre but even still.

I do like the idea someone mentioned of the KOTR though as the name has enough about it to make people want to watch it, however maybe just shown on the usual network as a "free" PPV could be the way to go.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
Would have thought that Wembley would be more suitable than the MS or OT really. Also kinda funny this coming out too as I read that the WWE were dissapointed with ticket sales over here for house shows, obviously a PPV would be a different calibre but even still.

I do like the idea someone mentioned of the KOTR though as the name has enough about it to make people want to watch it, however maybe just shown on the usual network as a "free" PPV could be the way to go.

Probs don't wanna ruin the grass at Wembley.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Unless it's a Summerslam theres no chance they shift 70k tickets to a B-PPV event, they didn't come anywhere near to sell outs here in Birmingham for Raw and Smackdown this week.

Would be cool though, not interested in a Rebellion or Insurrexion because those were jobber shows with Sunday Night Heat like cards but a legit PPV I'd go to.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
That's why I think Wembley is out of the equasion... too big of a stadium.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Can't WWE just get an Australian mid-lower carder so we can have a taped show over here for once? We're pretty cool.

This! Before they consider overseas PPVs they have to tape a show here in Australia. They earn so much money here as the tickets are expensive yet they sell plus a ton of merchandise is bought. Australia deserve a taping.

On the PPV the time difference is why I just can't see it happening unless they do go for the old Rebellion style rather than a proper PPV.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
That's why I think Wembley is out of the equasion... too big of a stadium.

Millenium and Old Trafford are way too big too IMO, 75k just seating alone, then you have the pitch too.