WWE Logic...

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Jonathan

Champion
Reaction score
They want to get people over as strong characters, but I've just found out that on the most recent SmackDown (11th Jan), Del Rio was hit wth two KO punches, but due to time restraints in editing only one was shown.

Recovering from two KO punches and going on to win the title gets Del Rio over more than Sheamus squashing Slater in 10 seconds after 3MB ran away. Did we really need to see that? Honestly. WWE is fucking stupid sometimes.

Unbelieveable :facepalm:

Roi

Champion
Reaction score
Well actually , Cole mentioned it

Jonathan

Champion
Reaction score
rgbnba said:
Well actually , Cole mentioned it

Exactly, so it didn't make any sense to the viewing audience as they've only seen one.

Dat Kid1

King of smurf Style
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Ehh, I'm sure one would be good enough, two would have been overkill in my opinion. We're trying to put someone over, not make them Superman. As far as Sheamus goes, no we didn't need to see him go over on jobbers again. He should just not have matches, the guy is on like every show. He wrestles Raw & Smackdown every week, majorly overexposed in my opinion.

kenharkey7

Jobber
Reaction score
Re: RE: WWE Logic...

Jonathan said:
Exactly, so it didn't make any sense to the viewing audience as they've only seen one.

This is actually one reason I like to read spoilers and "dirt sheets" you will get fan reports and see what happens off camera

GeeTeaIye

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Remember when Sheamus' Brogue Kick did nothing but make the opponent a little groggy?
And now it's a one shot kill.
Wwe has no logic.

kenharkey7

Jobber
Reaction score
Re: RE: WWE Logic...

GTI said:
Remember when Sheamus' Brogue Kick did nothing but make the opponent a little groggy?
Wwe has no logic.

Right? Even Hogan's "big boot" wasn't complete without the leg drop

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
GTI said:
Wwe has no logic.

Ok, to be fair, that's just wrestling logic (I call it suspension of disbelief) in general. Just the way Shawn Michaels didn't always have the superkick as his finisher but as soon as he did, he was putting opponents down with it. Or the way a wrestler might use a move but it's just an ordinary move, but if someone else brands it their 'finishing' move, then suddenly they can put people down with it when no one else can.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
KLockard23 said:
Ok, to be fair, that's just wrestling logic (I call it suspension of disbelief) in general. Just the way Shawn Michaels didn't always have the superkick as his finisher but as soon as he did, he was putting opponents down with it. Or the way a wrestler might use a move but it's just an ordinary move, but if someone else brands it their 'finishing' move, then suddenly they can put people down with it when no one else can.
Like Jake the Snake with the DDT. He even jokes about it. I remember an interview he did where he said that he liked that people used the DDT in various forms but he is still the best since he is the only one to pin people using it.

Reactions: Dat Kid1

Senhor Perfect

Bulletproof
Reaction score
Stopspot said:
Like Jake the Snake with the DDT. He even jokes about it. I remember an interview he did where he said that he liked that people used the DDT in various forms but he is still the best since he is the only one to pin people using it.

You forgot the even flow DDT! :mad: