• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

OWeapon

Reaction score
The Backstory
TNA had finally admitted defeat, declaring that they could never match the likes of Vince McMahon's WWE. As a result, TNA began to lose revenue and some of their top stars began to leave, most of them ex-WWE stars. Vince quickly rehired all of them. However, now that TNA was no longer a threat, Vince decided that the ECW brand was no longer required and merged some of those superstars into RAW and Smackdown! while others were released.
Civil unrest began to brew however due to the sudden changes and eventually got out of hand when a legitimate brawl erupted between the ex-ECW and ex-TNA stars, who due to being the new guys to the brands were sticking wih their respective groups to try and gain the upper hand. In response, Vince vacated all the championships and declared a new era of WWE. Everyone, whether they were ex-TNA or current wrestlers, was to be a part of this era and work together to continue the greatest wrestling promotion of all time. A new draft was announced, slotting each star into either Raw or Smackdown!. Unfortunately, no room was made for any divas, and they were all released.

Rosters

RAW
John Cena
Shawn Michaels
Triple H
Randy Orton
Edge
JBL
Booker T
Jeff Hardy
Samoa Joe
Cody Rhodes
Ted Dibiase Jr.
Manu
Umaga
Shad
JTG
Chris Jericho
John Morrison
The Miz
Charlie Haas
CM Punk
Elijah Burke
Kevin Nash
Paul London
Snitsky
Val Venis
Chuck Palumbo

TAG TEAMS
Triple H & Shawn Michaels (D-Generation X)
Edge & Randy Orton (Rated RKO)
Cody Rhodes & Ted DiBiase Jr. (Priceless)
Shad & JTG (Cryme Tyme)
The Miz & John Morrison (Miz & Morrison)

General Manager: William Regal
Ring Announcer: Lillian Garcia
Play-by-Play Caller: Jim Ross
Colour Caller: Tazz

Smackdown!
Batista
Undertaker
Rey Mysterio
Mark Henry
Kane
Matt Hardy
Finlay
Kurt Angle
AJ Styles
Big Daddy V
Big Show
The Great Khali
MVP
Mr. Kennedy
The Brian Kendrick
Ezekial
Carlito
Primo
Tommy Dreamer
Jack Swagger
Kung Fu Naki
Hurricane Helms
R-Truth
Kevin Thorn
Chavo Guerrero
Santino Marella
Jamie Noble
Kofi Kingston

TAG TEAMS
Batista & Rey Mysterio (Batista & Rey)
Undertaker & Kane (The Brothers of Destruction)
The Brian Kendrick & Ezekial (Kendrick & Ezekial)
Carlito & Primo (The Colons)

General Manager: Theodore Long
Ring Announcer: Tony Chimel
Play-by-Play Caller: Michael Cole
Colour Caller: Jerry Lawler

CHAMPIONSHIPS

Raw
WWE Championship: Vacant
Intercontinental Championship: Vacant
World Tag Team Championship: Vacant
Hardcore Championship: Vacant

Smackdown!
World Heavyweight Championship: Vacant
United States Championship: Vacant
WWE Tag Team Championship: Vacant
Cruiserweight Championship: Vacant

seX-Power

First of all, Rated RKo is pwnage.

Second of all, I don't like the backstory, why would there be a legit brawl between ex TNA stars and ex ECW stars, it just seems illogical.

Third of all, your reason for getting rid of the divas was baaaad.

Fourth of all, they're called commentators not callers.

Fifth of all, good luck with this. :D

OWeapon

Reaction score
Yeah, I agree that the backstory was quite bad, and I don't really have a reason for omitting the divas other than I don't like watching divas wrestle personally.

The reason for the brawl, however, I will put in more clearly. It was pretty much because they were both the new guys to each brand and so were sticking together and trying to gain the upper hand.

And commentators, callers...same thing isn't it? Lol.

THE Renegade Diesel

Reaction score
I think the brawl part in the back story was just a way to embrace the chaos going on with the addition of more stars. This looks alright, and will you be doing both Raw, and Smackdown? The rosters are all right, and as X Power said, Rated RKO is pwnage.

Also, I do think the call them callers in Europe, or something. Well not in professional wrestling but in Rugby, or something like that. Maybe soccer :confused:

OWeapon

Reaction score
Yes, I will do both Raw and Smackdown, unless someone offers to take over Smackdown for me. :smile_1:

I'm halfway through the first Raw show, so here is a little preview.

31/03/2008 RAW PREVIEW

Monday Night Raw will open it's first show since the makeover with Paul London taking on Chuck Palumbo!

Following this will be the first title match of the night. Elijah Burke will go hardcore with CM Punk to determine the Hardcore Championship!

Then some tag team action, as Cryme Tyme, Priceless and The Miz & John Morrison battle it out in a Triple Threat Tornado Tag Match for the World Tag Team Championship!

Next, in a Fatal Four Way match to determine the Intercontinental Championship it will be Umaga vs. Manu vs. Booker T vs. the new TNA recruit Samoa Joe!

Then, a WWE Championship Tournament teaser, as Rated RKO take on the team of John Cena and "The Heartbreak Kid" Shawn Michaels!

Finally, in the main event, the first round of the WWE Championship Tournament will kick off, as Triple H battles with JBL to determine who will go on to the next round, with the final match being held at Backlash!

THE Renegade Diesel

Reaction score
Paul London vs. Chuck Palumbo

CM Punk vs. Elijah Burke

Chryme Thyme vs. Team Priceless vs. MnM

Umaga vs. Manu vs. Booker T vs. Samoa Joe

Edge, and Randy Orton vs. John Cena, and Shawn Michaels

Triple H vs. John Bradshaw Layfield

seX-Power

CM Punk vs. Elijah Burke

Cryme Tyme vs. Team Priceless vs. Mizorrison

Evil Austin

CM Punk vs. Elijah Burke

Cryme Tyme vs. Team Priceless vs. Mizorrison

Is it just me or is this a very packed card for a weekly tv show; way too many big names and fatal four ways its like every match is a main event. /imo

OWeapon

Reaction score
Yeah, think of it as a special 3-hour edition of Raw. Lol. There is a good reason for the Intercontinental Title match being a Fatal Four Way though.

The shows after this will be toned down because I have established the champions. Also, the first edition of Smackdown, albiet filled with title matches, should have less gimmick matches.

OWeapon

Reaction score
31/03/2008 RAW

INTRO
"To Be Loved..." by Papa Roach, the theme song of Raw, blares over the speakers as the pyro sets off to begin the show. Pyro sets off. The crowd are going insane as J.R and Tazz introduce the show.

J.R: Good evening ladies and gentleman! I'm good ol' JR, Jim Ross, alongside Tazz! We're here in Orlando, Florida and welcome to a history-making edition of Monday Night Raw!

Tazz: That's right J.R! This is the first edition of Raw since Mr. McMahon gave the WWE a total makeover! As a result, all the titles have been vacated!

J.R: I'm sure tonight we'll find out just what will happen with those championship titles.

The "King Regal Theme" plays as William Regal makes his way onto the stage to moderate crowd heat. He stands with his hands crossed over before him holding a microphone, looking out to the crowd, before raising the microphone to his mouth.

Willaim Regal: Unless you've been living under a rock, you would all most likely know that Mr. McMahon has given the WWE a total rehaul. Due to this circumstance, all the titles were vacated, positions were lost and gained and Mr. McMahon proved why he is the genius deserving of running this company. In of his greatest decisions arising from this situation, allow me to introduce the new General Manager of Raw.

William Regal turns towards where the wrestlers enter the arena. The crowd grows restless as no-one comes out.

William Regal: Yes, that's right. I, William Regal, am the new General Manager of Raw!

Regal waits and stands proudly as the crowd boos.

William Regal: My first announcement as General Manager is that 3 of the 4 Raw Championships will be decided tonight. This includes the Intercontinental, Hardcore & Tag Team titles. The WWE Championship, however, will not be decided. I am instead, holding an 8-man tournament with the final being held at Backlash! Thus, tonight's main event will be the first match of the first round: Triple H vs. JBL! Now without further ado, allow me to begin the first match!

William Regal walks out of the arena.

Lillian Garcia: The following match is set for one fall! Introducing first, from Austin, Texas. Weighing in at 206 pounds, Paul London!

"Rocker" plays as London emerges from backstage and sprints to the ring to a minimal pop from the crowd. He climbs to the top rope on one corner and poses before backflipping back into the ring and removing his mask.

J.R: This young man has alot to prove tonight.

Tazz: Yeah, he really needs to pick up the win if he wants to be in any kind of title contention.

Lillian Garcia: And his opponent, from San Diego, California. Weighing in at 280 pounds, Chuck Palumbo!

"You Will Remember Me" plays as Chuck Palumbo rides onto the entrance ramp on one of his custom motorcycles to a small amount of crowd heat. He circles the ring on his motorcycle once before getting off and entering the ring, staring down Paul London.

J.R: The size and power of Chuck Palumbo will certainly give Paul London a challenge.

Tazz: Palumbo is a dominant superstar set to make his mark in the WWE. Good luck to him.

The ref calls for the bell and Palumbo walks towards London. Chuck attempts to grab London, but Paul rolls out of the way quickly. Palumbo frowns as he approaches his opponent again. London jumps from foot to foot, ready to evade again. He does just this as Palumbo goes to grab him again, diving behind him and getting up quickly to deliver a dropkick into Palumbo's back that sends him into the turnbuckles. He bounces off, staggering backwards and London takes advantage by rolling him up in a pin attempt. Kick out at 2.

They both stand facing opposite directions. Palumbo turns as London bounces off the ropes and runs into Chuck with a flying clothesline. Both immediately get up and London goes for another rope assisted clothesline, but Palumbo counters with a big boot that sends London spinning and crashing into the mat. London slowly gets up but Palumbo with a kick to the gut followed by a quick suplex. Palumbo goes for the pin, but London kicks out at 2.

Palumbo continues his offense, mounting London and raining fists onto his head until the ref pulls him off. While Palumbo is distracted by the ref, London gets up and goes to kick Palumbo in the abdomen. However, Palumbo catches the kick with a sly smile across his face. He soon realises this was a mistake though, as London hits an enzuigiri that drops Palumbo to his knees, followed by bouncing off the ropes and delivering a football kick to Palumbo's head and spine, sending him forward into the mat. Palumbo slowly gets up, using the ropes for leverage, but Paul London dropkicks him from behind, sending him over the top rope! London follows up as Palumbo groggily gets up near the announcer's table, climbing through the ropes and standing on the mat. He jumps and propels himself off the tope rope, hitting Palumbo with a devastating moonsault! Both wrestlers are on the ground for a moment, until both begin to get up, Palumbo using the ring for leverage while London uses the announcer table. London begins to deliver hard shots to Palumbo, but Chuck eventually manages to push London away, knocking him off his feet. London quickly gets up and runs at Palumbo, but Chuck sidesteps and grabs London by the back of the head, slamming him headfirst into the steel post behind him! ondon spins as he falls to the ground, leaning against the barricade. Palumbo rolls into and back out of the ring to reset the count, which was at 7. He walks over to London and while holding the barricade, begins to stomp into London. The ref leaves the ring and grabs Palumbo to stop him, but Palumbo retaliates by lifting London to his feet and clotheslining him over the barricade! Palumbo looks out the crowd, pointing at himself and yelling. He climbs back into the ring as London groggily makes his way back over the barricade and falls to the floor. Palumbo continues to make gestures that he is the best to the crowd as London slowly crawls towards the ring. He manages to climb up and roll back in just as the ref calls a count of 8. Palumbo immediately walks over and begins to stomp London again while holding the ropes. The ref yet again pulls Palumbo away as London begins to use the ropes to get up. Palumbo walks towards London, but Paul jumps up and ricochets off the second rope, hitting Palumbo with a springboard clothesline. Palumbo doesn't fall, but grabs his chest, bending forward. London quickly climbs up the turnbuckles and jumps down, delivering a viscious mule kick to the back of Palumbo, this time really knocking him to the mat. Palumbo gets up as London runs and bounces off the ropes, but then Palumbo uses London's momentum to lift him onto his shoulder. London struggles slightly, but Palumbo hits the Full Throttle and covers for the 3-count.
Winner by pinfall: Chuck Palumbo

Palumbo gets up, staring down at London's barely stirring form. He raises an arm to the crowd and yells out as a small chorus of boos emerge.

***COMMERCIAL BREAK***

William Regal is shown sitting in his new office, looking through some papers. Suddenly the door bursts open and Rated RKO walk in, seemingly furious.

Orton: Regal, what the hell are you thinking?

Regal: Orton! Edge! You can't just barge into my office like this!

Edge: What's this we hear of a WWE Championship Tournament? What do you need a tournament for when you have two of the greatest superstars ever to grace Monday Night Raw standing right before you?

Regal: I fully agree, Edge. You and Orton are clearly the top two stars of this show, no doubt. But, I am the General Manager and as such I must, albeit reluctantly, entertain the fans.

Orton: The fans? Who gives a damn about them? This isn't about them. It's about us! The fans don't win championships, wrestlers do. The best wrestlers at that, which Edge and myself clearly have proved.

Regal: Boys, boys. You are the best, and so no doubt you will be included in not only my tournament, but I do believe you could easily both make it to the final. But until then, I have to make sure you two aren't just talk. I want you to solidify your position as the best. That's why I'm putting you both in a match tonight.

Edge: A match? We need to be in top shape for our tournament matches, we can't afford to be in a match tonight!

Orton: Yeah, we can't wrestle tonight!

Regal: Well you will be wrestling, and it will be against two other contenders in the tournament. Tonight it will be Rated RKO against...John Cena and "The Heartbreak Kid" Shawn Michaels!

Edge: This is stupid, Regal! Stupid!

Rated RKO storm out of the room as Regal returns to his papers and sips at his coffee.

The camera now focuses on J.R and Tazz.

J.R: Wow! What a main event! Rated RKO vs. John Cena and "The Heartbreak Kid" Shawn Michaels!

Tazz: Yeah, it's sure to be a hell of a match, J.R! And I'm here now on WWE.com, and they've already released the tournament brackets for the first round!

A graphic is shown of the tournament brackets:
Triple H vs. JBL
Jeff Hardy vs. Edge
Shawn Michaels vs. Randy Orton
John Cena vs. Chris Jericho

J.R: That is a list of spectacular matches that you will see only on the WWE's flagship program, Monday Night Raw!

Tazz: That's right, JR. But now we put that all aside because next up is the match for the Hardcore Championship! I've been waiting for this one!

CM Punk vs. Elijah Burke in a Hardcore Match for the Hardcore Championship

Lillian Garcia: The following hardcore match is set for one-fall, and is for the Hardcore Championship! Introducing first, from Jacksonville, Florida. Weighing in at 230 pounds, Elijah Burke!

"Don't Waste My Time" plays as Burke makes his way down the entrance ramp to moderate heat. He flashes his white toothy smile to the crowd as he holds a towel in his hand. He walks up the steps and into the ring, climbing onto the second rope and flashing his grin again.

J.R: This is Elijah Burke, one of the ECW stars merged into either Raw or Smackdown

Tazz: Yeah. A title win in his first Raw match will really push him up the rankings.

Lillian Garcia: And his opponent, from Chicago, Illinois. Weighing in at 222 pounds, CM Punk!

"This Fire Burns" plays as CM Punk walks confidently onto the stage with his own T-shirt on. He leans back a bit as he yells into the crowd and they respond with a moderate pop. He walks down the entrance ramp and climbs into the ring, climbing to the second turnbuckle and giving the straight-edge gesture. Dropping back to the mat, he faces Burke and rolls his hands over each other.

J.R: CM Punk is said to be the next big star of the WWE.

Tazz: That might be right, JR, but you don't get anywhere without winning championships, which is exactly what Punk will be hoping for tonight.

The ref calls for the bell and this match begins. Punk and Burke lock up. Burke pushes Punk into a corner and pushes his face with the palm of his hand, but the ref breaks them up. Burke raises his hands in innocence, but then turns and punches Punk in the gut. Punk falls a bit but holds onto the top rope for balance. Burke approaches him, but Punk responds with a few strikes, getting himself out of the corner. He finishes up with a kick to the back of Burke's legs, another strike with his hand, and then a roundhouse kick to the side of the head, dropping Burke to his knees and then down onto the mat. Punk watches as Burke gets up and then goes for a clothesline, but Burke ducks and turns as Punk bounces off the ropes, dropkicking Punk and knocking him to the ground. Using the newfound time, Burke climbs out of the ring and lifts up the ring apron, searching for a weapon. He pulls out a kendo stick and slides back into the ring. Punk stands up now, but Burke creeps behind him and delivers a viscious strike with the kendo stick to the back of Punk. Punk arches his back in pain, as Burke runs past him, bounces off the ropes and flies into Punk, tackling him down and forcing the kendo stick across his throat to choke him. Eventually Burke releases the hold and stands up, raising the kendo stick to show the crowd. He waits as Punk slowly gets up, the kendo stick ready. Punk turns and Burke goes to crack him right on the head, but Punk drops to the ground and rolls out of the ring as the kendo stick rebounds off the top rope and smacks Burke in the head. Burke staggers for a bit, dropping the kendo stick before falling backward himself. Punk scrambles into the ring and covers Burke, but only for a 2 count.

Both men get to their feet. Punk strikes Burke. Burke strikes Punk. Punk strikes again. The two men exchange attacks, with the crowd cheering with Punk and booing Burke. Eventually Punk gets the upper hand and isolates Burke in the corner. He climbs the turnbuckles and begins to rain punches down on Burke, the crowd counting along. However, at 8, Burke manages to throw Punk back down to the mat. Punk gets up but Burke runs and hits a powerful flying clothesline. Burke exits the ring and reaches underneath the ring again, taking out a trashcan. He gets back into the ring and attempts to place the can over Punk's head, but Punk is ready and catches the can. They both struggle to gain the can, until Punk kicks Burke in the gut and places the can over Burke's head. He follows up by irish whipping Burke into the corner. He then continues by running up, jumping and ramming his knee into the trashcan where Burke's head would be, then grabs the can around the head of Burke and runs forward, hitting a devastating running bulldog with Burke's head heard loudly crashing forward into the unforgiving metal frame. Punk pulls Burke out of the can and then rolls him over for a cover, but Burke surprisingly kicks out at 2 and a half.

Frustrated, Punk runs to ropes bouncing off them. He attempts a one-handed bulldog, but Burke grabs him and slams down, straight onto the trashcan. Punk twists and turns on the mat in pain, one hand on his back. Burke slides out of the ring again and barges through officials, eventually taking a steel chair. Punk climbs out of the ring to meet him but is instead met with a steel chair to the skull. He falls back and Burke follows up with the pin, but Punk kicks out at 2 and a half.

Burke takes the chair again and climbs into the ring, waiting for Punk. Burke takes a swing, but Punk ducks and tackles Burke to the ground. He then quickly grabs Burke in a headlock and grabs Burke's arm bending it up, then grabs the other arm and pulls it through the new opening, locking in the Anaconda Vise! Burke screams in pain and struggles to escape, while Punk yells for him to tap. Burke tries to get to the ropes, but Punk is too strong. He continues to struggle, his free hand grasping for anything. Finally, he manages to grab the kendo stick and smack Punk on the head, forcing him to release the hold. Burke gets up as Punk recovers, nursing his arm. He picks up the nearby chair as Punk gets to his feet. Another swing, but Punk ducks and gets behind Burke. Burke turns around only to be hoisted up onto Punk's shoulders, dropping the chair in the process. Punk goes to hit the GTS, but Elijah slides out of his grasp, landing behind him and following up by driving Punk's head into the grounded chair with a nasty Elijah Experience. The cover and the 3-count.
Winner by pinfall and new Hardcore Champion: Elijah Burke!!!

Burke cheers and throws his fists into the air. The crowd boos heavily. The ref returns with the belt and Burke snatches it off of him, running to the turnbuckles and climbing them, holding the belt high.

J.R: He did it! By God, he did it! Elijah Burke is the hardcore champion!

Tazz: Yeah, congratulations. And what a hit Punk took there from The Elijah Experience! He's been busted open from that impact!

Punk lifts himself slightly, blood pouring from a cut on his forehead. Burke turns and looks from the turnbuckle and grins. He drops back down to the mat and clutches the title belt to his side, stalking Punk.

J.R: No, he's not going to do what I think...

Tazz: He is!

Punk slowly gets to his feet and turns, only for Burke to run past, blasting the title belt into Punk's skull. Punk falls back onto the mat, motionless.
Burke slides out of the ring, a sinister grin across his face as he walks backwards up the entrance ramp, holding his Hardcore Championship belt to his chest.

Todd Grisham is backstage, microphone in hand.

Todd: Hi, I'm Todd Grisham. Congratulations to Elijah Burke on a convincing title win. However, everyone is talking about the WWE Championship Tournament. With me now is one of the contenders participating in the first round bout tonight, JBL. JBL, what are your thoughts on the tournament?

JBL: Tournament? What tournament? These matches are just my warm-up for when William Regal announces that I, JBL, a wrestling god, am the true WWE Champion at Backlash.

Todd: Well first, tonight, you must get past "The Game" Triple H.

JBL: Triple H, despite all his accomplishments is still, in the end, just a man. I am a wrestling god.

Triple H enters the screen, staring down JBL.

Triple H: Just a man, JBL? Well, believe me when I say, god or not, this man will throw you from one side of the ring to the other, and beat you down inbetween. I will become WWE Champion, and you'd do best to remember that.

Triple H walks past as JBL glares at him and Todd looks on in surprise.

***COMMERCIAL BREAK***

Triple Threat Tornado Tag Match for the World Tag Team Championship
Cryme Tyme vs. Priceless vs. Miz & Morrison

Lillian Garcia: The following Triple Threat Tornado Tag Match is set for one-fall, and is for the World Tag Team Championship. The first team to score a pinfall or submission will become the World Tag Team champions. Introducing first at a combined weight of 530 pounds. Shad and JTG, Cryme Tyme!

"Bringin' Da Hood T U" plays as JTG dances onto the stage, followed closely by Shad walking behind him to a moderate crowd pop. They slap hands and step past each other, jumping up and slapping the backs of their hands together. JTG continues to dance down the entrance ramp while Shad merely walks, but nods his head to the music. They get to the ring and both climb in. JTG walks to on side of the ring and stands inbetween the ropes, throwing his hand forward in some kind of dance. Shad on the other side merely raises his arms.

J.R: JTG and Shad, great in the ring although I wouldn't agree with their career choice.

Tazz: Keep your eye on them, JR. They might steal your wallet!

Lillian Garcia: Next up, at a combined weight of 457 pounds. The team of Cody Rhodes and Ted DiBiase, Priceless!

"Priceless" plays as Cody Rhodes and Ted DiBiase make their way onto the stage. DiBiase has a smug grin across his face, while Rhodes leans back and yells into the crowd to a surprisingly large amount of heat. They both walk down the ramp, Rhodes still yelling at the crowd and DiBiase acting like everyone loves him. They both climb into the ring and pose to crowd.

J.R: I can't believe how these two disrespect their wrestling heritage.

Tazz: It may be disrespectful, but it works. Priceless can certainly get the job done in the ring.

Lillian Garcia: And finally, at a combined weight of 450 pounds. John Morrison and The Miz!

"Ain't No Make Believe" plays as John Morrison comes out in his fur jacket and sunglasses and The Miz comes out in his top hat. The camera shows John Morrison in slow motion as he poses on the stage, while in the background The Miz raises his arms, a smile across his face and yelling out to the crowd and receiving some heat in return. They both begin to walk down the entrance ramp, The Miz yelling out to the crowd as they do so. They both get into the ring and Morrison climbs the turnbuckles, throwing his jacket open and showing his six-pack. The Miz merely yells out to the crowd some more.

J.R: John Morrison and The Miz are a powerful tag team, and I here their "Dirt Sheet" on WWE.com is quite popular.

Tazz: It's the number 1 show on WWE.com, now let's see if they're number 1 in the ring.

The bell rings and The Miz & John Morrison immediately begin to brawl with Cryme Tyme. Priceless look on quite dumbfounded. JTG is irish whipped by The Miz towards Priceless, and both team members begin to double team JTG by striking him repeatedly. Meanwhile, though, Shad takes out both The Miz and John Morrison with a powerful double clothesline. He then walks over to help JTG, kicking Cody Rhodes in the gut and lifting him over his head before throwing him over the top rope. While looking over the rope at Rhodes though, Shad doesn't notice as DiBiase suplexes JTG, then bounces off the ropes and hits a delayed falling fist drop. By this time, Shad has turned around. However, before he can get to DiBiase, The Miz runs from behind and delivers a leg drop bulldog to DiBiase. Shad then surprises The Miz with a boot the face, but John Morrison makes a comeback and hits Shad with a springboard crossbody, pinning him, but it's only a 2-count.

JTG picks up The Miz and irish whips him into the ropes, hitting him with a dropkick on the rebound. Meanwhile, Shad strikes Morrison repeatedly, forcing him into the ropes before clotheslining him out of the ring, crashing into Rhodes who was trying to climb up. Shad climbs out of the ring, followed closely by DiBiase. Ted runs at Shad, but Shad merely counters with a Back Body Drop, straight into the recovering Morrison and Rhodes! Shad yells into the crowd and they respond with cheers. In the ring, JTG ducks a clothesline attempt, but is hit with a nasty neckbreaker after The Miz rebounds off the ropes. Shad by now though, has climbed back into the ring. Surprising The Miz, Shad lifts him up for a devastating Samoan Drop. He goes for the pin, but Rhodes scrambles into the ring and stomps on Shad to break it up at 2.

Shad gets up, but Rhodes surprises him from behind with a bulldog. JTG tries to respond, but Rhodes dropkicks him back to the mat. On the outside of the ring, DiBiase and Morrison have both gotten up, and beginning to exchange strikes. They slowly move towards the announce tables, where Morrison takes advantage and slams DiBiase's head into the table. With DiBiase dazed, Morrison climbs onto the mat, then jumps up to the second rope, rebounding off in a moonsault that catches DiBiase and puts them both through the announce table!!! They're both down for a while as the action continues in the ring. The Miz grabs JTG and flips him over with a snapmare, before applying a headlock. However, Rhodes bounces off the ropes and hits both with a front dropkick! He goes to follow up, but Shad catches him and lifts him in a military press, before stepping forward while throwing Rhodes into the air. Rhodes crashes back down onto the mat, lifting to his knees while holding his chest, and dropping back down again. Miz, however, has climbed to the top turnbuckle and jumps down, hitting Shad with a diving clothesline! The pin, but Shad kicks out at 2.

The Miz continues his offense on Shad, hitting him with strikes while he's on the ground. However, JTG interferes allowing Shad to get up. They both irish whip the Miz into the ropes, then hitting a double flapjack on the rebound. They both now yell out to the crowd to cheers, only to turn and have Morrison jump from the top rope and crossbody them both! With this, DiBiase groggily climbs into the ring and manages to stand. Finding himself the only one standing, he poses to the crowd who boo him, then helps Rhodes to his feet. They both pick up JTG, and then floor him again with a double russian legsweep. DiBiase with the pin, but Shad manages to crawl over and push DiBiase off at 2 and a half. Morrison now sneaks up behind Rhodes, turning him around and blasting him in the face with a nasty european uppercut. Rhodes falls back, rolling to get back to his feet, only to be met by an enzuigiri from Morrison, that drops him forward into the mat. DiBiase looks over to see his tag team partner down, and bends forward to check that he is okay. However, The Miz takes advantage, delivering a powerful knee lift to the head of DiBiase. He goes for the Reality Check, but Shad storms at them, throwing them both out of the ring. However, he turns around only for Morrison to sneak up and hit the Moonlight Drive! Morrison covers for the 3 count, and the titles.
Winners by pinfall and new World Tag Team Champions: John Morrison & The Miz

Jeff Hardy is seen in the locker room in street clothes. He is packing a sports bag, seemingly disappointed that he isn't in action tonight. Kevin Nash, dressed in a sharp suit and sunglasses enters.

Nash: Jeff Hardy? Kevin Nash.

Nash extends a hand to Jeff, and Jeff shakes it.

Jeff: Kevin Nash? I've heard alot about you. I'm surprised you're not in the upcoming WWE Championship Tournament.

Nash: Nah, my championship days are behind me. I'm more into watching the young guys rise to the top. Guys like you, the high-flying, Charismatic Enigma, Jeff Hardy!

Jeff: Thank-you, Mr. Nash. That means alot to me.

Nash: Think nothing of it. And call me Kevin. Good luck with the tournament. I'll be watching you closely.

With that, Nash pats Hardy on the back and walks off. Hardy smiles as he watches him leave, but then frowns as Chris Jericho, also dressed in a suit, enters the scene.

Jeff: What do you want, Jericho?

Jericho: Well, nothing really. But after what I just saw, I think I can some up with something. You see, Jeff, no matter how cosy you get with old, washed-up guys like Kevin Nash, you will never become WWE Champion. You see, it's fortunate that because you are destined to lose your opening round match, I won't have to waste my time squashing you in the second round and moving on to Backlash where I will surely win the WWE Championship.

Jeff: Jericho, I don't care what you think, because I once I climb those ropes and hit the swanton for the 3 count, you're championship dreams will be over, and mine will be just beginning.

Jeff gives "The Gunz" gesture to Jericho before walking off. Jericho looks onward with a dirty frown across his face.

J.R: Well, it seems bad blood is brewing between Jeff Hardy and Chris Jericho. But also, it's good to see Kevin Nash encouraging the young guys.

Tazz: Yeah, in this business you take any help you can get. But Jericho seems quite confident in getting that title.

J.R: Well, we'll find out in the coming weeks as the tournament continues, but right now, we're in for some more action!

Tazz: Yeah, a Fatal Four Way for the Intercontinental Championship!

Fatal Four Way Match for the Intercontinental Championship
Manu vs. Booker T vs. Umaga vs. Samoa Joe

Lillian Garcia: The following Fatal Four Way Match is set for one-fall, and is for the Intercontinental Championship! Introducing first, from Lehigh Valley, Pennsylvania. Weighing in at 290 pounds, Manu!

"Priceless" plays as Manu walks onto the stage. He has a mean look across his face as he walks down the ramp towards the ring. The crowd give a small amount of heat as he climbs into the ring, walking around a bit, scowling.

J.R: Here is another superstar who has shown disrespect towards his wrestling heritage.

Tazz: Yeah, he is the son of Wild Samoan Afa, so you'll be sure to see some high-impact moves from his young guy.

Lillian Garcia: Next, from Houston, Texas. Weighing in at 250 pounds, Booker T!

"Rap Sheet" plays as Booker T runs onto the stage, spinning on one foot and throwing his arms out to his sides, to a moderate crowd pop. He slaps hands with fans as he walks down the entrance ramp towards the ring. Climbing in, he climbs to the second turnbuckle and motions to the crowd, holding his hand in front of his face and shaking his head vigourously.

J.R: Booker T makes his WWE return after his time with TNA!

Tazz: And what better way to return than in a match for the Intercontinental Championship!

Lillian Garcia: Next up, from the Isle of Samoa. Weighing in at 350 pounds, "The Samoan Bulldozer" Umaga!

"Virtual Voodoo" plays as Umaga steps onto the stage. He stares at the crowd with a savage look across his face as walks down the entrance ramp, receiving moderate heat. He walks up the steel steps and climbs into the ring, leaning back and throwing his arms out, thumbs up and giving a primal scream to the crowd.

J.R: The Samoan Bulldozer, Umaga, is a sight to behold.

Tazz: Don't be fooled though, JR! He may be big, but this guy is deceivingly fast.

Lillian Garcia: And finally, from American Samoa. Weighing in at 290 pounds, making his WWE debut, Samoa Joe!

"Samoa Joe's Theme" plays as he walks onto the stage with a towel around his neck and looks out to the crowd, receiving a rather large pop. He walks down the entrance ramp and begins to climb the steps to the ring, climbing in. In the ring, he raises his arms in the air and yells out to the crowd.

J.R: The Samoan Submission Machine, Samoa Joe making his WWE debut after quite a successful stint in TNA.

Tazz: I don't know if any stint in TNA could be successful, but regardless, Samoa Joe is a powerhouse!

The bell is rung, and this match is underway! Umaga and Booker T lock up, while Joe and Manu circle each other. Umaga overpowers Booker T and throws him forward down onto the mat. Manu takes advantage and immediately mounts Booker, raining punches on him. However, Joe bounces off the ropes and delivers a stiff boot to Manu's face, knocking him off Booker T. This brings Joe face-to-face with Umaga. Umaga leans back, arms out and thumbs up, screaming at Joe. Joe raises both arms and yells back. They lock up and struggle to gain the upper hand. Eventually, Umaga pushes Joe forward into the ropes, finishing up with a sickening spinning wheel kick straight to Joe's head, knocking him down hard to the mat. As Joe sits up, Umaga approaches him from behind and grabs him by the neck, applying a nerve hold! Joe yells out in pain as Umaga screams some more. Umaga still screams as he drives his fingers deeper into Joe's neck. However, Booker T recovers and runs forward, hitting a Houston Sidekick straight into Umaga's chin, knocking him backwards and releasing Joe. Joe gets up and he and Booker T stare at each other. However, they soon both turn and begin to repeatedly strike the returning Manu and Umaga. Joe gives Manu several chops, forcing him back to the ropes as Booker T chops Umaga to do the same. Both Booker T and Joe run to the opposite side of the ring, bounce off the ropes and clothesline both Umaga and Manu out of the ring. After looking over the ropes at the damage, they both turn to face each other again. Booker T and Joe begin to exchange blows, the crowd cheering on whoever they support. Joe eventually gains the upper hand and irish whips Booker into a corner. Joe follows up by giving a devastating chop, dropping Booker into a sitting positon. Taking advantage, Joe then begins to give Booker a facewash. Joe finishes up and walks off, turning around, only to be met by a powerful savate kick from a recovered Umaga. Joe falls to the mat and rolls out of the ring as Umaga notices the prone Booker T and then walks over to the opposite corner. He faces Booker T and leans back again screaming and holding his thumbs up. He uses the ropes to jump up, then runs across the ring at Booker T, driving his hip into the head of Booker T and crushing it into the turnbuckle. Booker limply falls off the side as Umaga stamps around the ring. Manu now climbs back into the ring. He and Umaga stare at each other, and then both charge. Umaga is the stronger one, and forces Manu backwards onto the mat. He then runs and bounces off the ropes, delivering the Samoan Splash to Manu. He goes for the cover, but a recovered Joe grabs Umaga's legs from outside the ring and drags him off, turning him onto his back and continually striking him.

Umaga eventually manages to kick Joe away before sliding out of the ring. Joe turns around clutching his face from the kick, turning back to Umaga only to be met with a viscious throat thrust that knocks him to the floor. Meanwhile in the ring, both Manu and Booker T begin to slowly get up. Manu is quicker to recover as he ducks a tired spin kick from Booker T, countering with a powerful Samoan Drop. He goes for the pin, but Booker kicks out at 2 and a half.

Outside the ring, Umaga and Joe are exchanging strikes. Joe surprisingly gains the upper hand and attempts to irish whip Umaga, but Umaga counters into his own irish whip sending Joe straight into the steel steps! Meanwhile, Booker T grabs Manu and twists his arm before delivering a smooth hook kick to the back of Manu's head, knocking him to the mat. Booker then bounces off the ropes before raising his hands in the air and delivering a crushing knee drop to Manu. Umaga now climbs back onto the apron, but Booker delivers a nice spin kick that knocks Umaga back down to the floor, right next to Joe. Manu is back up by now, but Booker floors him again with a clothesline. Manu gets to his knees and smacks the mat, frustrated. Booker goes for a Houston Kick as Manu gets up, but Manu sidesteps then hits Booker with a strong belly-to-belly suplex. A pin, but Booker kicks out at 2.

Outside the ring, Joe uses the ropes to get up, steadying himself. Umaga is already up and charges at Joe, but Joe moves out of the way. Umaga stops just before the steel steps, wondering where Joe is gone. Joe sneaks up and hits Umaga with an inverted atomic drop, falling backwards from Umaga's weight after the blow as Umaga falls forward over the steel steps. Joe uses the apron to pull himself back up. Manu walks over to the ropes to try and grab Joe by the head, but quickly retracts as Umaga comes out of nowhere with the steel steps and blasts Joe. Umaga screams as Manu backs away from the ropes, wanting nothing to with him. However, he turns to face Booker T who kicks him in the gut. Manu bends over, clutching his stomach as Booker rebounds off the ropes and delivers the Scissor Kick! He pins, and Umaga is too busy still screaming at the seemingly knocked out Joe, so Booker gets the 3-count and the title.
Winner by pinfall and new Intercontinental Champion: Booker T

Booker T celebrates in the ring as the ref hands him the title, staring at it in his hand and shaking his head like a maniac. The crowd gives a big pop.

J.R: He's done it! Booker T has won the Intercontinental Championship in his first match since returning to the WWE.

Tazz: That's all well and good JR, but look at the heat building up between Umaga and Samoa Joe!

Joe has only just managed to get to his feet, but Umaga has him against the barricade, barraging him with strikes. Joe pushes Umaga off and then tackles him to the ground, where each exchanges blows with the other in a big tussle. Referees and security staff rush down the entrance ramp, trying to seperate the two big competitors. They manage to for a few moments, but both break away and begin to lay into each other again. Manu rolls out of the ring and walks past up the entrance ramp holding his head, while Booker leans over the ropes and yells at Umaga and Joe, holding the title belt high and declaring that they break it up because he won. Eventually, the two are seperated again. Joe calms down a little, staring at Umaga with fire in his eyes. Umaga, however, is thrashing about wildly and requires additional security staff to hold him down.

A three-way split screen is shown, showing, from left to right, John Cena, Shawn Michaels and Rated RKO walking through the halls of backstage in ring gear.

Tazz: This is it JR. 4 of Raw's top stars will be doing battle!

J.R: Right you are Tazz, and that match will be up next, when we get back.

***COMMERCIAL BREAK***

Tag Team Match
Rated RKO (Edge & Randy Orton) vs. John Cena & Shawn Michaels

Lillian Garcia: The following tag-team match is set for one-fall. Introducing first, from West Newbury, Masachussetts. Weighing in at 240 pounds, John Cena!

"The Time is Now" plays, as Cena runs onto the stage, yelling into the crowd and making erratic movements. He then stands in the centre of the stage, looking over near the ring as brings a hand to his forehead in a salute, dropping it with overexaggeration as he yells again and begins to walk down the entrance ramp. He slaps hands with the fans as some cheer while some boo. He slides into the ring, standing up and raising his fists with the thumb and pinky on each sticking outwards.

J.R: John Cena was a multiple-time WWE Champion back in the old WWE.

Tazz: That's impressive, but he still has some stiff competition tonight!

Lillian Garcia: And his tag team partner, from San Antonio, Texas. Weighing in at 225 pounds, "The Heartbreak Kid" Shawn Michaels!

"Sexy Boy" plays as HBK walks onto the stage. He leans back and yells out to each side of the crowd to a massive pop. He begins to walk down the entrance ramp but stops someway down. He drops to his knees, pointing out to the crowd before holding his head down, his arms in front of his chest, muttering something. Suddenly, he throws his head back and raises his arms in the air. Behind him, pyro shoots up into the air from left to right then back again. He jumps to his feet, visibly excited as walks to the ring and climbs in. He climbs to the second turnbuckle, yelling out the crowd and pointing at himself, before jumping back down, raising his arms and giving a muscular pose.

J.R: Shawn Michaels is one of the true active veterans of the ring.

Tazz: No doubt about that, JR, but it will be interesting to see how well he works with Cena tonight.

Lillian Garcia: And their opponents, at a combined weight of 485 pounds, they are the team of Edge and Randy Orton, Rated RKO!

"Metalingus/Burn In My Light" plays as fog covers the stage. Edge and Orton break through the fog, standing on stage. Edge has his body-length leather jacket on and stares out at the crowd with a manic look, as Orton merely does his signature pose with his arms outstretched. They begin to then walk down the entrance ramp, ignoring the booing fans. Edge slides into the ring as Orton merely climbs in. Edge gives the mat a few pelvic thrusts before getting up, as both men mount a turnbuckle. Edge gives the devil horns while Orton gives his pose again.

J.R: Edge and Randy Orton are two of the most dominant singles competitors in the WWE.

Tazz: Yeah, JR. Imagine how dominant they'll be if they work as a team!

The bell rings and Edge and John Cena are in it to begin. They lock up, but Edge gains the upper hand, hitting Cena with a snapmare and getting him in a headlock. Cena quickly powers out and irish whips Edge into the ropes. Cena bends forward hoping for a back body drop, but Edge stops and kicks him in the face, following by a spinning heel kick, knocking Cena to the mat. Edge takes control and grabs Cena in an armbar as both men get to their feet. Cena begins to elbow Edge in the abdomen, eventually breaking the hold. Edge stumbles back, as Cena regains his feet and clotheslines Edge to the mat. He then picks up Edge and drags him over to his corner, tagging in Michaels. Cena holds Edge as Michaels chops him across the chest. Cena lets go and climbs out of the ring as Edge clutches his chest, falling to his knees. Michaels lifts him to his feet, then hits another chop, followed by another and another, driving Edge into the corner. Michaels moves back a bit, readying the last chop, but Edge sticks out a leg, blasting Michaels in the face. Michaels holds his face as he staggers away, until Edge creeps up behind him and floors him with a russian legsweep. Edge gets up and walks over to Orton, who he tags in. Orton immediately kicks Michaels in the gut as gets to his hands and knees. Orton circles HBK, stomping him whenever he attempts to get up. He taunts HBK as he does this, calling for him to get up.
HBK rolls onto his back as Orton goes for another stomp and catches his foot! HBK pushes Orton forward, causing him to lose balance and fall back onto the mat. HBK quickly gets up, holding Orton by the ankle, and then steps over the leg, dropping down into a modified figure-four leglock! Orton screams in pain, reaching out for anything he can grab. Edge leans over the ropes, holding his hand out for the tag, but Orton can't reach. So instead, Edge climbs out of the ring and delivers a low dropkick into HBK, forcing him to break the lock. However, he gets up only to meet a shoulder tackle from Cena after rebounding off the ropes. Edge rolls out of the ring as Cena climbs back out onto the apron. Orton gets up, limping slightly, as does HBK. They begin to exchange blows, but Orton gains the upper hand, irish whipping HBK into his corner, and tagging in Edge who had climbed to the top turnbuckle. Edge jumps down, grabbing HBK and executing a Sunset Flip ending in a sit-out pin attempt. Kick out at 2.

Edge dropkicks HBK, sending him back onto the mat. Edge then rolled HBK onto his stomach, capturing him in a seated chinlock. HBK grasps forward for the ropes, but can't reach them. Edge applies more pressure, pulling back further. However, HBK begins to lift himself up with his arms, rolling and throwing Edge to the side before getting up and diving for the hot tag to Cena. Cena rushes into the ring and clotheslines Edge as he gets up. Edge bounces back to his feet, but Cena clotheslines him again before bouncing off the ropes and knocking Edge back down to the mat again with a flying clothesline. Edge is laid on the mat, and Cena turns to the crowd, raising an open hand high above his head. The crowd cheers as he bends over Edge, waving his hand in front of his own face in his "You Can't See Me" taunt. He runs and bounces off the ropes before stopping just before Edge, dusting off his shoulder and dropping down driving his fist into Edge's skull, executing the Five-Knuckle Shuffle. Edge clutches his face as he moves from side to side in pain. Cena waits as Edge gets up, seemingly getting ready for the FU, but Randy Orton grabs him by the shoulder and spins him around and attempts an RKO! However, Cena pushes him off, straight into the turnbuckles! He turns, moving forward as he does, and only just avoids a Spear from a recovered Edge, executing a drop toe hold before locking in the STFU! Edge screams as Cena yells for him to tap. Edge slowly begins crawling towards the ropes, but Cena releases his head, pulls him back towards the centre and locks it in again. Edge begins to crawl again, seemingly towards the ropes, however Orton suddenly gets up and stands over the ropes. They both reach and Edge just manages to brush the fingertips of Orton, getting the tag.

Orton enters the ring and stomps on Cena repeatedly, forcing him to break the hold. Edge rolls away as Orton lifts Cena to his feet and irish whipping him into the ropes, catching him on the rebound and hitting an inverted headlock backbreaker. He stands over Cena's prone body before hitting a jumping knee drop. Cena clutches his face and writhes around in pain. He then tries to crawl over to Michaels, managing to get to the nearby ropes and get himself to his feet. He tries to use the ropes to get over to Michaels, but Orton lines him up and hits a chop block. Cena manages to cling to the ropes though and hold himself up, diving to Michaels and getting the tag. Michaels rushes into the ring, delivering chop after chop to Orton. He gets him to the ropes and irish whips him to the other side, catching him on the rebound with an inverted atomic drop. Orton falls back onto the mat as HBK climbs to the top turnbuckle. He gives the DX chop and is about to go for the elbow drop, but sees Edge come towards him. However, Cena makes a miraculous move and runs over to knock Edge off the ring apron. He points up at Michaels, who now jumps and hits the flying elbow drop on Orton. He gets up and yells out to the crowd with a cheer, walking to the corner clutching the ropes. He raises his leg and stamps his foot to the mat, tuning up the band. Orton starts to get up groggily, turning. HBK takes a step forward to finish him, but stops as Cena picks Orton up and holds him over his shoulders in position. Michaels looks on confused as Cena lifts Orton and hits the FU! Cena looks up after hitting it, only to be met by Sweet Chin Music from Michaels!!! HBK drops down and pins Orton for the 3-count and the win.
Winners by pinfall: John Cena & Shawn Michaels.

J.R: I don't understand. Michaels betrayed Cena?

Tazz: I don't think HBK appreciated Cena's help, JR.

Cena gets to his knees, holding his chin with a confused look as Michaels exits and walks up the entrance ramp staring at Cena and shrugging.

***COMMERCIAL BREAK***

J.R: It is now time for our main event, as Triple H goes one-on-one with John Bradshaw Layfield.

Tazz: These two are going to blow the roof off, and it's anyone's guess as to who will come out on top.

First Round WWE Championship Tournament Match

Lillian Garcia: The following match is set for one-fall, and is a first round WWE Championship Tournament match. The winner of this match will be one step closer to claiming the WWE Championship at Backlash! Introducing first, from New York City. Weighing in at 290 pounds, John Bradshaw Layfield!

"Longhorn (Remix)" plays as JBL's white limo drives onto the stage. The limo driver gets out and walks to the back door, opening it. JBL steps out, dressed in a cowboy hat and sports jacket, with a towel around his shoulders. He glares at the crowd, who respond with massive heat. He begins to walk down the entrance ramp, now ignoring the crowd. He climbs into the ring and turns his head, glaring again.

J.R: JBL is a financially gifted individual, and I wouldn't be surprised if he paid his way into this tournament match for the WWE Championship.

Tazz: I don't know, JR. JBL has proved himself in the ring before, some would say he deserves this chance.

Lillian Garcia: And his opponent, from Greenwich, Connecticut. Weighing in at 255 pounds, "The Game" Triple H!

"The Game" plays as Triple H steps out onto the stage, looking down at the floor with a water bottle in his hand. He takes a drink from the bottle and spits out a fountain of water in front of him as he begins to walk down the entrance ramp to a huge pop from the crowd. As he gets closer to the ring, he takes another load of water in his mouth before throwing the bottle away. He climbs up onto the apron, leaning back and spitting forth a fountain of water into the air, yelling out to the crowd and flexing as the water comes down. He then spits the water out forward before climbing into the ring and climbing a turnbuckle. He points at himself and motions for the crowd to bow to him then climbs back down onto the mat.

J.R: The Game! The Cerebral Assassin! Triple H, making his way to the ring for the first time in the new WWE!

Tazz: You can feel the electricity in the air when he makes his entrance. This is gonna be a great match!

The bell rings and the two lock-up. JBL manages to get around Triple H and clubs him on the back. Triple H cringes, staggering forward a bit. Triple H turns around, only to be met by a quick clothesline from JBL. Triple H gets up quick and JBL goes to irish-whip him, only to change it into a short-arm clothesline. Triple H falls to the mat and JBL goes for the quick cover, but Triple H kicks out at 1.

JBL quickly takes control again, dropping elbow after elbow onto Triple H. However, Triple H manages to roll out of the way of the last one and gets up, as JBL sits up nursing his elbow. Triple H quickly takes advantage, getting behind JBL and locking him in an abdominal stretch. JBL yells out in pain as Triple H pulls back to apply more pressure. JBL tries to use his free arm to reach around, but Triple H uses his free arm to club JBL on the chest. The ref checks on JBL, and JBL uses the distraction to low-blow Triple H with his foot. Triple H drops to the floor clutching his groin as JBL yells out to the crowd, who boo him in return. Triple H attempts to get to his feet, but JBL grabs him, hooking his arms and hitting a swinging neckbreaker. He goes for the cover, but Triple H kicks out at 2.

JBL picks him up and irish whips him into the ropes, bending over to prepare a back body drop. But Triple H counters with a facebreaker knee smash. Followed by rebounding off the ropes and connecting with a high knee strike, knocking JBL to the mat. He looks down at the prone JBL before jumping up and hitting a jumping knee drop, rolling forward as it lands. JBL clutches at his face as Triple H turns towards him again. He takes JBL by the ankle, lifting it to his waist. Triple H looks out into the crowd before stepping over the leg, turning and grabbing the other leg before dropping down in the figure-4 leglock! JBL throws his hands in the air as he screams in pain, and Triple H calls for him to tap. JBL tries to drag himself to the ropes, but Triple H pulls him back. After a while, Triple H sits up a bit to increase the pressure, but JBL takes it as an advantage and reaches up, poking Triple H in the eye. Triple H releases the hold as he lays back, a hand over his eye. JBL limps a bit but manages to right himself. As Triple H stumbles around still nursing his eye, JBL grabs and picks him up in a bone-crushing bear hug! Triple H tries to reach over JBL's shoulders as he yells in pain and JBL applies pressure to his back. After a moment, Triple H begins to desperately club JBL on the back, forcing him to drop Triple H. Triple H nurses his back for a bit before going to strike JBL. JBL takes the strikes but responds with a rake to the eyes. Triple H stumbles back and turns, shaking his head to regain his vision. JBL then runs and bounces off the ropes, rushing at Triple H and unleashing a Clothesline From Hell!!! But Triple H grabs his arm and spins around him, locking in a sleeper hold!!! JBL begins to slowly drop out of consciousness as Triple H keeps the hold locked on tight. JBL begins to drop, and Triple H has to hold onto all his weight. He slips though, and releases some pressure on the hold. JBL gets some life back and begins to elbow Triple H, eventually breaking the hold. He then hits a desperate clothesline, falling with Triple H as they both hit the mat. The ref begins to count both for a KO, and both begin to get up at 7, eventually getting to their feet. JBL grabs Triple H and goes for a russian legsweep, but Triple H twists out, kicks JBL in the abdomen and hits the Pedigree!!! Triple H covers, and the 3-count is made.
Winner: Triple H

J.R: Triple H wins! The Game moves on to the next round in the WWE Championship Tournament!

Tazz: And what a win. Finished with a viscious Pedigree. Not many people get up from that.

J.R: No doubt about that, Tazz. We'll have to wait until the next few weeks to see the outcome of this tournament.

Tazz: I can't wait, JR!

J.R: Nor can I, Tazz. But that's all the time we have, tonight, so from the Sunshine State, good night!

Triple H leans back flexing and yelling out to the crowd in the middle of the ring to close out the show.

***Please Review!***

OWeapon

Reaction score
4/4/2008 Smackdown! Preview

We start off the action for the first Smackdown since the rehaul with Kung Fu Naki taking on Santino Marella!

Following this we have a massive tag team match as The Colons take on The Brian Kendrick & Ezekial, with the winners being declared the WWE Tag Team Champions!

In other action, Hurricane Helms will be looking to claim the Cruiserweight Championship as he takes on Jamie Noble.

The United States Championship will also be decided, as Montel Vontavious Porter fights off against Mr. Kennedy.

And in the main event, for the World Heavyweight Championship, two giants collide as Batista w/Rey Mysterio battles with Big Daddy V!

All that plus more in the first edition of Friday Night Smackdown!

seX-Power

Take your time posting shows and previews. Usually you should wait around 5 days between previews/shows to give people a chance to review. And if you want people to review you show you should take your time to review some others.

OWeapon

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice. :smilewink:

I wasn't sure I was, I don't know, qualified enough to review. But I'll give it a shot, I guess.