WWE Just Made The Same Mistake As 2011

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Darth Shizzel

Reaction score
So why are we complaining that Sheamus won and not Jericho I thought we were supposed to be happy that wwe are pushing the young star who will be there for the next 10 years straight or the guy who fucks off every 2 year's.

Sheamus has more then earnt this win me I'm hoping he challengers the Undertaker I think he can be built as a guy that could break the streak.

Reactions: 1 person

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
I agree with Saiyans.

I can tell you without hesitation that Chris Jericho is my favourite wrestler of all time. Of all fucking time. Hell, just hearing Jericho say a couple of words again on Raw last week made me smile BECAUSE HE'S FUCKING BACK MOTHERFUCKERS

But lets be honest, Sheamus is probably a better draw than Jericho.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
I'm not a big fan of Sheamus but I just didn't see why he should have won it as I stated in my previous reply, it doesn't really bother me now as much as it did when it happened. But still would of preferred someone else and better surprise entrants. Probably also why the match pissed me off.

And Wade Barrett got eliminated too fucking quick. :(

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
I just don't see what the problem is with Jericho not winning. Why would he need to win? The guy has done virtually everything in the WWE. Everything to the point that he can have weeks of hype before his return to the ring. He has all these special videos done to lead to his return, the guy is talented enough to evolve his character each time he returns that makes it different. Not to mention he has accolades that exceeds just about any and every wrestler on the active roster. Then add on to that... it is 2012! Jericho is not getting any younger. Jericho is getting up in age and although he hasn't had any significant injuries he can't be the guy that leads forever. What WWE did was the right thing because Jericho still has tons of other projects outside of WWE and they know that his time in WWE isn't going to be very long. Sheamus is going to be there for a while longer, he is going to be there for a few years longer.

Sheamus is going to be one of those guys for the future in WWE and adding a Royal Rumble win is huge. It looks very impressive to his resume' that actually doesn't have too much on it. It helps solidify him more as a top talent and a guy that deserves to be main event. He isn't the crispest in the ring, he isn't the most agile or most exciting but the guy is good. What WWE needed was more guys that were believable in the main event. Consider it a change of guard. CM Punk can't keep wrestling forever either. Pretty soon he is going to have to leave. Sheamus has years left barring anything extreme happening to him.

So kudos to WWE for picking Sheamus and trusting him with this huge spotlight. If they continue to work things right with him... he can stay as a main eventer. Whereas no matter what Jericho does... he'll still be a main eventer. But now we have a new guy at the top as well.

Chadillac

Reaction score
SAIYANS is spot-on, with regards to Sheamus.

A few more points to address some other concerns:
Cerbs

This is irrelevant, this year Mania is being sold entirely on the back of Rocky/Cena, and HHH/Taker as a secondary concern. If there was ever a year where the WWE could completely phone in the entire Mania card, this would be it. This is the year, where you can actually have young stars in high positions and give them a chance because that risk is affordable this year.

You know, That's just not true. You are right about the WM PPV it's self being sold on Rock vs Cena and Taker Vs HHH, and that will be enough to get a 2.45 PPV BR.

But I truely dont want to shell out $65 to see a 4 hour PPV with just 2 matches to look forward to. I love Shaq so if he gets Big Show, That would be an added bonus but not what I would buy WM for.

Cody, or Dolph made a lot more scence to win the RR, if your talking about a card where you can put guys in championship matches B/C they can afford to.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
If I'm not mistaken, He is listed as a Raw Superstar, but as far as the viewership loss, I'm talking about a half million in total potential loss.

You are mistaken.

On to the half million. Guys he said POTENTIAL and he'll stand by that.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Cody, or Dolph made a lot more scence to win the RR, if your talking about a card where you can put guys in championship matches B/C they can afford to.

I expect more from someone whose worked for the DNC in Dallas.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
You know, That's just not true. You are right about the WM PPV it's self being sold on Rock vs Cena and Taker Vs HHH, and that will be enough to get a 2.45 PPV BR.

But I truely dont want to shell out $65 to see a 4 hour PPV with just 2 matches to look forward to. I love Shaq so if he gets Big Show, That would be an added bonus but not what I would buy WM for.

Cody would not have made sense. He's the IC champion making strides to big things... but his time to break out is not yet. His time to break out will probably be at Mania. He will more than likely have his own Mania moment that will stand out even bigger because he didn't win the Rumble and will have an outstanding match against whoever he is pitted against. And hopefully the IC title will be defended which is an even bigger and more important reason why he didn't need to win. He needs that defining IC title defense and what better way than to be the guy that finally defends the IC title at Mania. That occurrence has been so rare over ever since Mania 18 I can't remember if it has or hasn't happened since then. So Cody defends the title at Mania in a good match... that stands out more and puts him over more. Meaning his year can be even bigger if he were to win the world title later on in the year than if he were to win the Rumble and then get a title match as we've seen just cause you win the rumble doesn't mean you're going on last. And this year we know you ain't goin on last. Less focus on the rumble winner and more focus on Rock/Cena which means his rumble win and title match will be overshadowed. Cody's time is coming.

Now Dolph winning... couldn't buy it. He's not there yet. He needs to be able to break from Vickie and be his own man first. Vickie brings all the heat. Dolph is a fantastic wrestler but... he's not there. He's not ready for that big of a run, that big of a win yet. He needs more time as a top tier talent before he can get his break. Dolph winning would have hurt more than help anything.

Sheamus is the proper choice. He's the one that is next in line to become that big star that WWE needs to build around and the crowd already loves him. He is the one that actually needs more help getting over than Cody if you wanna look at things a bit more closely cause Cody has the charisma, he has the skills, he can talk. Sheamus has the skills, his charisma lacks a lil and he just needed one more bump to get that look of being a believable main eventer. Cody is going to accomplish that on his own. But Dolph... no. Not yet no.

And your sig pic... finally something that looks decent. Bout time you changed it.

Deuce

Reaction score
Mistake? Sheamus winning the Royal Rumble wasn't a mistake, the WWE just found a way to make him a Main Event superstar again like he deserves. Sheamus should become WHC as soon as possible, the man has great talent and sure can promo.

Chadillac

Reaction score
The only personwho brings casual fans in, is The Rock. A Rock appearance will bumb up viewership by 4 or 500,000 veiwers that will not watch the WWE on a regualr basis. And really what The Rock does is solidify the overall base, instead of having hundreds of thousands desiding there is something else better on.

Sheamus is never going to be the face of the WWE, just the face for the U.K. viewers. Although Barret is closer to being a face for that country, I guess they are trying to get all of the U.K. to buy and watch. This is an international selling job by the WWE. I could go on to explain the entire business reasoning behind it but you guys don't like that.

The plain and simple truth is that Sheamus is ok with the base, but he'll never expand domestic veiwership, and he'll never be a superstar. I could have thought up a lot better Irish star that wasn't so steriotypical and hard on the eyes. The 18-29 male demo will never get behid him as "Cool", and female viewers are not going to like him.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Havent read the whole thread but the OP is wrong yet again.

Stop digging deep when theres no need to, I doubt this is anything about buyrates, just Sheamus is way more interesting than Jericho.

Also the crowd was only dead for the exchange because Big Show is a heat vaccum and him coming out as #30 killed theplace dead. Sheamus is usually mad over, moreso than your golden boy Cody, in fact.

Chadillac

Reaction score
Havent read the whole thread but the OP is wrong yet again.

Stop digging deep when theres no need to, I doubt this is anything about buyrates, just Sheamus is way more interesting than Jericho.

Also the crowd was only dead for the exchange because Big Show is a heat vaccum and him coming out as #30 killed theplace dead. Sheamus is usually mad over, moreso than your golden boy Cody, in fact.

I'm proud of Cody, and what he has been able to do. But I don't confuse him with a true superstar. He will have an awesome year with a WHC run, but he'll never be a true superstar.

Sheamus is an Irish Hacksaw Jim Duggen. That's it. Great for international buy. It has everything to do with that. You want to argue my business points, but when I tell you how it works, you'll be crying foul. And I'll get infracted for educating you.

I'm moving on, it's done. It's over. It is what it is. And there is nothing I can do.

The Wrestling Addict

Reaction score
I'm proud of Cody, and what he has been able to do. But I don't confuse him with a true superstar. He will have an awesome year with a WHC run, but he'll never be a true superstar.

Sheamus is an Irish Hacksaw Jim Duggen. That's it. Great for international buy. It has everything to do with that. You want to argue my business points, but when I tell you how it works, you'll be crying foul. And I'll get infracted for educating you.

I'm moving on, it's done. It's over. It is what it is. And there is nothing I can do.

You have been prancing around this place acting as if Cody Rhodes is God, since you joined up. The other day you claimed he was the best Intercontinental Champion in 11 years. Now you are saying he will never be a true superstar?!? You are contradicting yourself. If you think he's the best Intercontinental Champion in 11 years and say he will never be a true superstar, you are just plain stupid.

Chadillac

Reaction score
You have been prancing around this place acting as if Cody Rhodes is God, since you joined up. The other day you claimed he was the best Intercontinental Champion in 11 years. Now you are saying he will never be a true superstar?!? You are contradicting yourself. If you think he's the best Intercontinental Champion in 11 years and say he will never be a true superstar, you are just plain stupid.

Look, Equating Cody as the best IC champ in 11 years does not mean i am going the extra step and putting him in the same catagory as SCSA, Rock, HHH, Hulk Hogan, Taker, Orton, HBK, And John Cena. Those guys constitute "True Superstars".

You can hear what you want to hear, and play "follow the crowd" all you want in taking everything I say out of context. But I have never placed him in a superstar view.

Ive made specific post adressing this. Dividing legends, Superstars, Stars, Fillers, and FE. I put Cody in the star list.

I have been very consistant.