WWE is full of guys in DESPERATE need of character tweaks

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rell

Reaction score
and Wade Barrett is right at the top of that list, only because he's on the cusp of being something special. I'm sure many of you feel he's fine as is, but ask yourselves this... If you had to describe Wade Barrett's character to a person who wasn't at all familiar with the product, would you be able to?

how can he even be defined other than a Brit who does bad things? Despite plowing through the arguable #2 face of the company on multiple occasions, he continues to receives reactions that would leave Sylvan Grenier weeping. He's yet to fully connect with the audience and I blame his lack of a legitimate character.

So how would I fix him? I simply don't know, so I'll leave that up to you fuckers...

Sidenote - Cody Rhodes has regressed quite a bit since dropping the phantom gimmick. He went from a psychologically damaged, mask wearing freak to...see, that's the thing, I can't define these fuckers anymore. Who the hell is he besides a guy with a lisp? Props to WWE for getting it right with Ziggler and Bryan, but screw them for fucking with Rhodes when he had a good thing going...

Rell

Reaction score
oh, and double post =)

people may be up in arms over Drew Mac's reportedly new sexually ambiguous gimmick, but I think any character development is great at this point. I guarantee he'll garner a larger reaction with his suspect behavior than these other dumbed down generic heels (or faces for that matter)

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
I'm in agreement that they shouldn't have changed Rhodes...

...Wade, I think doesn't get the reaction 1.) because of that terrible fucking theme which he's completely against changing for some fucking stupid reason and 2.) they've killed so many monumental stories with him that people just don't have hope that he'll come out on top in any situation.

Nexus was ruined, for what? Why couldn't they just power them through and keep going? Because they wanted to separate Wade from ties? Cool. So they send him to SmackDown and then send a couple Nexus members with him and shove Ezekiel Jackson alongside him in The Corre... cool conceptually actually, but then they break that shit up. So then you have him injure Randy in an awesome feud, and he looked reasonably strong losing in the end... and then you have him war semi-evenly with Sheamus for a few weeks leading into the Rumble, then he has an awesome performance in the Elimination Chamber, and then he gets injured.

If the WWE wasn't so scared of making a heel who can win cleanly... there'd be no problem with Wade. They need to focus on making HIM a staple of the show, because he's got what it takes to be ultra-successful. He has the look, the promo-skill, the ring-ability, charisma, he's good in a match and is evolving well in the ring, he's great for the occasional gimmick match, but the E just doesn't know what to do with the guy.

As far as Drew... missing the boat. He's an intense guy, and yet another they could capitalize off of. If he keeps the intensity, I'm fine with it... but if they make him a bisexual gladiator a-la Spartacus, I'm going to be extremely pissed. Oddly enough, however, he DOES look a lot like Gannicus >_>

...god...

Reaction score
new sexually ambiguous gimmick?

also Wade shoulda won the 2011 Rumble not Del Rio and that storyline shoulda pushed him to the moon, biggest fuck up ever. Nexus was MEGA over.

Rell

Reaction score
new sexually ambiguous gimmick?

yeah, apparently he was blowing kisses to random people in the audience during a house show (males included)

he also stopped mid match to comb his hair :roflmao:

I'm in agreement that they shouldn't have changed Rhodes...

...Wade, I think doesn't get the reaction 1.) because of that terrible fucking theme which he's completely against changing for some fucking stupid reason and 2.) they've killed so many monumental stories with him that people just don't have hope that he'll come out on top in any situation.

Nexus was ruined, for what? Why couldn't they just power them through and keep going? Because they wanted to separate Wade from ties? Cool. So they send him to SmackDown and then send a couple Nexus members with him and shove Ezekiel Jackson alongside him in The Corre... cool conceptually actually, but then they break that shit up. So then you have him injure Randy in an awesome feud, and he looked reasonably strong losing in the end... and then you have him war semi-evenly with Sheamus for a few weeks leading into the Rumble, then he has an awesome performance in the Elimination Chamber, and then he gets injured.

If the WWE wasn't so scared of making a heel who can win cleanly... there'd be no problem with Wade. They need to focus on making HIM a staple of the show, because he's got what it takes to be ultra-successful. He has the look, the promo-skill, the ring-ability, charisma, he's good in a match and is evolving well in the ring, he's great for the occasional gimmick match, but the E just doesn't know what to do with the guy.

this is definitely true, as well as that horrible theme..

I still feel a couple character tweaks wouldn't hurt. The Barrett barrage deal is too vague. I'm not exactly sure what it even is, honestly. He's too safe and by the book at the moment. Nothing separates him from pack. He has all the tools to be great, but something's missing.

As horrible as his entrance music is, there is no reason for the guy to be getting no sold by the paying audience. He pushed Randy Orton down a fucking flight of stairs, and people still aren't reacting? You have to admit, that's pretty crazy...

...god...

Reaction score
roooooooooooooooooofl, this must have just been like the other day, because he was on SD and just jobbed to Khali in 5 seconds.

NinoBrown

Reaction score
He shoud've won the rumble and he should've been champion but somewhere along the way (I missed Nexus breaking up and whatever the Core was) he fell off. A haircut and a moustache is what Wade needs, have him return as a dastardly villian with Jesus (remember Carlito's lacky?) pants with suspends just wrecking havoc. In short he should return looking like Dudley from Street Fighter.

But the ship sailed for McIntyre, no idea how to make him look strong again.

Jinder Mahal. WTF are they doing with him? Every week he added something new to his character, one week it's a robe, next week he has a turban, then he's speaking only in Indian and then a case for the turban. If he has a tiger in a cage or rides on an elephant next then I'm calling the WWE offices.

Ezekial Jackson. A manager like yesterday!

Natayla. Take some pepto bismol before the show.

Khali. Stop wrestling.

Rell

Reaction score
^^^ Since Wade'll be missing time, he should return with a Charles Bronson gimmick, complete with the bald head and crazy stache. Glasses too..

I mean a completely crazy Brit hell bent on hurting people for absolutely no reason other than the fact that he can.

Jinder should drop the generic anti-american Indian crap and become a Bollywood Badboy. It would be a bit like Morrison's Shaman of Sexy gimmick, except with an Indian twist. He'll have the leather jacket, shades, etc. He could actually be a face and do traditional Indian dances during his entrance. Maybe even have an entourage join him for the dancing. Push him a an Indian movie star. It would work...

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
Jesus christ, if anyone needs a character tweek, it's Ziggler. He's gone nowhere the past couple months and it seems like that new McIntyre gimmick would suit Ziggler more at this point since it seems he's trying his best to be more and more like Billy Gunn every week.

Rell

Reaction score
Negro please ^^

at least Ziggler has a distinguishable character. It may be hard to take him seriously, but it's a start. Wade has nothing.

I personally like the show off concept. It's a bit 07 Chris Hero, but with a twist. Jack Swagger, on the other hand, needs a complete makeover. Maybe he can adapt the show off gimmick as well, and they can form tag team. Team show off... Sounds like a plan to me :)

Kofi Kingston also needs something too. For a black guy, he's vanilla as hell. They didn't play up on the Jamaican thing nearly as much as they should have, and he's suffering for it. They should have went way over the top with it. I'm talking a phoney accent, subtly implied marijuana smoking, etc.

Airfixx

Reaction score
Kofi used to have a fake jamaican accent, but they mysteriously dropped it one week (Remember HHH took the piss out of him for it the week after?).

monkeystyle

Reaction score
I'm going to hope that this winds up with Drew just faking being a giant homo so that he can yell discrimination when Teddy goes to fire him. Have him work that as well into getting title shots. "You won't give me a title shot? It's because I'm gay isn't it?"