WWE Interested In Acquiring TNA Wrestler, Former TNA Star At No Way Out

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
- Matt Morgan finalized his commitments with TNA Wrestling at last week's live event tour in Texas. At Saturday's show in Houston, Morgan grabbed a sign from a ringside fan reading "Going, Going, Gone" and held it up to the audience.

Morgan expressed frustration with management during a radio station interview Thursday promoting the house show tour, saying his "beef is with the company."

"I don't feel like I'm getting what I'm putting into TNA," Morgan stated on 102.5 FM The Bear. He then called himself the "ultimate head-turner in TNA" and said he's tired of a "carrot dangling in front of my face."

PWInsider.com has confirmed that there is interest from WWE in Morgan.

Meanwhile, Morgan wrote the following on Twitter today: "Texas yesterday, Connecticut today, who says u can't go home!"
The last line is obviously to get people talking because I read he was originally from Conneticut. I just hope the WWE signs him, he could be a serious player within the company.

- Wrestlezone.com reports three-time TNA X Division Champion Amazing Red is backstage at tonight's WWE No Way Out pay-per-view event at the Izod Center in East Rutherford, New Jersey. He ran the ring ropes in the afternoon.
Wouldn't be surprised if he was getting a tryout for the cruiserweight show, he would definitley be a great addition. Either that or they're gonna play him as a hometown guy to get squashed by Ryberg.

MaNonTheMoon

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
theshield
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker2
My money is on the squash match

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Red sucks, I hope to god I don't see him at No Way Out.

As for Morgan he deserves another chance in WWE.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Morgan can be a good/great big man if he works with the right talent, and Red is a shell of himself but if your gonna have a light-weight tv show i guess he's a good enough talent to get on.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
I don't know what you guys are going about, I think Red is pretty awesome. Would love to see what he can do with Sin Cara.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Red would be awesome to have for the cruiserweight/light heavyweight show. Yeah he can't do what he used to do but the guy can still move inside of that ring.

As far as Morgan goes... eh. He wasn't special when he was in WWE, he became a little something in TNA... but nothing much so seeing him back in WWE will be like... heyyyy I remember that guy *changes channel* The guy isn't anything to really care about.

InYourFace

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
chrisdaniels
Favorite Wrestler
delirious
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
Red please, Morgan NO!

Red could excel in the E like a Bourne, Morgan will just be a big oaf thats will do nothing.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Before clicking on the thread it read as "WWE Interested In Acquiring TNA" lol.

Anyways Red's best days are behind him but guess he'd make for a good jobber or something. Morgan is someone who if handled right could turn out very well in WWE at least as a midcard/upper midcard guy with main event potential.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Red please, Morgan NO!

Red could excel in the E like a Bourne, Morgan will just be a big oaf thats will do nothing.

Because Bourne really excelled didn't he? 8D Becoming a worthless tag champion and getting suspended twice. But at least he had a good look unlike this Amazing Red guy from what I see on google. Wouldn't go anywhere really except this cruiserweight show. And other guys like him of a similar stature/physique such as Baretta, Yoshi Tatsu, Primo, Epico, Heath Slater, Tyson Kidd don't go anywhere either and they have better characters/look.

TNA dropped the ball with this guy. Morgan is very good, and fast for his size and he has charisma. Can be a top star.

But yeah, he probably is coming to WWE but don't forget he's from Connecticut but it does also look like he's hinting towards a return to WWE. Probably heading there to go to their HQ or could be on RAW tonight? RAW is at Nassau Coliseum, Uniondale, New York

He was also posting this the other day:

TNA Impact Wrestling star Matt Morgan continues to stir the pot where rumors of a WWE return are concerned, as he has been posting a series of "Tick, Tock" reponses to fan Tweets on Twitter.

It began with a fan asking Morgan when he would be returning to WWE, and Morgan responded by simply Tweeting "Tick, Tock." Morgan has since been attaching the "Tick, Tock" response to numerous Tweets concerning him and WWE.

Last edited:

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
All things considered Bourne's WWE run has been fine. Wouldn't go as far as to say excelled but he's gotten a decent run as a midcard guy getting to be in a couple big matches on Raw has had his share of good matches. So I'd say Bourne has done well being a guy with no charisma and mic skills while being his size.

AF.

Reaction score
Why doesn't WWE go for a decent wrestler like Alex Shelley. Last I heard he was done with TNA.

I wouldn't be against Matt Morgan in the WWE though. Won't be thrilled either.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Why doesn't WWE go for a decent wrestler like Alex Shelley. Last I heard he was done with TNA.

I wouldn't be against Matt Morgan in the WWE though. Won't be thrilled either.

They are.

Back on May 31, 2012:
Sources close to Alex Shelley report that he did receive phone calls from WWE recently but reports of him signing with WWE or even agreeing to terms are said to be premature. The same sources say that Shelley allowing his TNA contract to expire had nothing to do with WWE.

Shelley's original plans when deciding to leave TNA were to work for New Japan Pro Wrestling and maybe Dragon Gate USA. WWE did recently show interest and he was not expecting that to happen when he let his TNA deal expire. Shelley had been working on a deal with New Japan for some time and was apparently close to signing it when WWE called.

and

Shelley reportedly wants to take a few weeks off to relax and then officially begin negotiating with WWE. SuperLucha's source reports that Shelley is concerned about being sent to Florida Championship Wrestling and wants to go straight to WWE's main roster.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
I don't know what you guys are going about, I think Red is pretty awesome. Would love to see what he can do with Sin Cara.

Have you seen a Red match recently?, the guy gets gassed 7/8 minutes in and that's not even going balls-to-the-wall.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Would be massive if they can get Matt Morgan, would be nice to see him being used properly as well. He is a huge talent in TNA and has improved a lot since his last WWE run but for some reason TNA won't push him. WWE need stars and I think that he could easily slot into the upper midcard on either brand as long as he doesn't have to stutter.

As for Amazing Red he would be alright for the crusierweight show but I would prefer WWE look at a few other wrestlers first. For example who the hell has Petey Williams pissed off to never get another chance after his TNA run?

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
I'm not a big Morgan fan and I've heard a lot of bad stories with him, but I understand his value. He's a big man with a great look that can move around. He might be able to do something big here but I'm skeptical. I'm happy for him though because a second chance is always great but so many big men are on the roster so I don't what they'll do with him. I'm a big Samoa Joe fan so I'm a bit let down that he still hasn't made the switch.