WWE in Talks to Buyout Ring of Honor

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
http://www.pwtorch.com/site/2017/03/26/ ... ew-merger/

"As was originally reported by Ryan Satin of Pro Wrestling Sheet, nothing has come out of the meetings between Sinclair and Ring of Honor yet, but the report getting out could greatly impact the negotiations between WWE and Sinclair going forward when it comes to reaching a dollar amount for the sale. According to sources, PWTorch has learned that the most recent leaks of the talks between WWE and Sinclair came from Impact management. One source noted that Jeff Jarrett has been looking for a way to take the heat off of Impact from the Hardy debacle when Impact tried to get ROH’s most recent PPV taken off of the air by sending cease and desist letter to several cable providers shortly before the PPV was set to air on March 10."

So either Jarrett leaked the talks between Sinclair and WWE to get heat off impact. Or he made them up to get heat off impact. LOL

Neilslam

Reaction score
that would be unfortunate. I was watching NEW JAPAN's G1 Tournament with players like Marifuji, Hirooki Goto, Hiroshi
Tanahasi and Kazuchi Okada and JR was wondering why the WWE doesn't have a similiar tournament where other
federations (ROH, NWA, TNA) are invited to participate and may the best man/woman win. but it's clear the Vince McMahon
objective is to have the WWE be THE only game in town. it would not surprise me if VInce buys NEW JAPAN, thus forcing
folks like Okada, Tanahashi and the like to choose between unemployment and working for the WWE. very sad that the
WWE feels threatened by competition from another organization to the point they have to buy it out.

Stopspot

Reaction score
that would be unfortunate. I was watching NEW JAPAN's G1 Tournament with players like Marifuji, Hirooki Goto, Hiroshi
Tanahasi and Kazuchi Okada and JR was wondering why the WWE doesn't have a similiar tournament where other
federations (ROH, NWA, TNA) are invited to participate and may the best man/woman win. but it's clear the Vince McMahon
objective is to have the WWE be THE only game in town. it would not surprise me if VInce buys NEW JAPAN, thus forcing
folks like Okada, Tanahashi and the like to choose between unemployment and working for the WWE. very sad that the
WWE feels threatened by competition from another organization to the point they have to buy it out.
Vince does not have the money to buy New Japan

Neilslam

Reaction score
well, that's good. NEW JAPAN is good stuff. Vince et al could learn a thing or two.

InSaNe

I lost it. I'm InSaNe!
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
bullyray
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Sports Team
6yloAaa
Vince does not have the money to buy New Japan
Vince doesn't have to. All he needs to do is get investors to approve a budget to buy it. WWE is a corporation. They (WWE) really, really want Japan. So, if they want a foothold in Japan, they'll need to go though the top dog in Japan, and that top dog is New Japan. WWE had no problems buying WCW. WWE had no problems buying TNA, but it's not at the same scale as WCW, so Vince doesn't give a shit. But, Ring of Honor? It's everywhere. Everyone's talking about it. If that much talk is going on, it would be in WWE's best interest to buy Ring of Honor.

Stopspot

Reaction score
Vince doesn't have to. All he needs to do is get investors to approve a budget to buy it. WWE is a corporation. They (WWE) really, really want Japan. So, if they want a foothold in Japan, they'll need to go though the top dog in Japan, and that top dog is New Japan. WWE had no problems buying WCW. WWE had no problems buying TNA, but it's not at the same scale as WCW, so Vince doesn't give a shit. But, Ring of Honor? It's everywhere. Everyone's talking about it. If that much talk is going on, it would be in WWE's best interest to buy Ring of Honor.
WWE has no problem buying dying companies (WCW/ECW), or companies on the brink of collapse (TNA). A well functioning money making machine like New Japan, who has a massive parent company behind it in Bushiroad is a completely different animal.

Also, WWE does not want Japan that much. They are much more interested in China. Which is smart, China is much bigger and has a much bigger market to satiate, with zero competition. There's no other pro wrestling in China and next to no modern combat sports.

Last edited: