WWE Hall of Fame Class of 2009

• Thread starter Solid Stinger the Big Boss
  • Start date
  • Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

whiplash

Reaction score
The HOF is nothing more than a marketing tool. They want to have a big promo leading up to it so they put Stone Cold in. They will probably announce another movie for him a few days before.

LadyHotrod

Thing is, I don't give a dick about what other people think. It's clearly my opinion that Austin doesn't really fit in the HoF. It's not to say he's a horrible wrestler because he was one of my favourites but HoF? Meh, I don't really think so.

Practically nobody knew who the fuck he was before he made it into the WWE. When he first arrived, no one liked him and he was boring as hell. Once he got the 3:16-bad attitude-drink beer-beat up my boss persona, people started liking him. I don't really see what he did to make a huge impact on wrestling. He didn't have many moves and the only thing that really stood out about him was his attitude.

I hardly think someone who mostly just ran into the ring and gave random stunners and opened a few cans of beer while dropping some good lines should be in the HoF, to be quite honest.

whiplash

Reaction score
Stone Cold changed the "attitude" of wrestling. He made it ok to love the bad guy. He deserves to be in the HOF for his all around performance.

Solid Stinger the Big Boss

For some reason, I just don't see Austin as HoF material....he was your typical "badass" character. I don't know, I just can't look at him and think he's HoF material at all. I can look at guys like Savage and other classics and they have an HoF aura about them but Austin just doesn't do it for me....

I think he's HOF material. IMO its too soon for him to be a Hall of Famer. They better induct Undertaker, HBK, Rock, and maybe even HHH and Y2J. At least induct two of those guys listed. If Austin gets in this soon, they should as well.

I mainly want Shawn Michaels, and Undertaker to get inducted. If Austin is a Hall of Famer before those two, thats pretty damn stupid.

Austin deserves be a Hall of Famer, its just too soon. Wrong time, right place.

LadyHotrod

Stone Cold changed the "attitude" of wrestling. He made it ok to love the bad guy. He deserves to be in the HOF for his all around performance.

So what? It's not like people didn't like bad guys before. I hardly think that's a good reason to put someone in the HoF.

This is the WRESTLING hall of fame. Inducting someone just because the writers gave him a good persona should hardly constitute for an entry, imo. All he did was basically say "I'm an asshole who likes to do things you all wish you could do, like drink beer on the job and beat up your boss". He brought a new attitude, yes, but I still don't think he should be in the HoF for it.

Just my opinion.

Airfixx

Seriously tho, before neg repping LHR, anyone thinking of doing so should provide a convincing argument as to HOW "SCSA revolutionised 'the business'.

Soulpower

I won't neg rep her, because she's entitled to her opinion. I just strongly disagree with it. He was WWE's biggest star (Sorry, Dwayne!) during their biggest period of success. He's sold more merchandise than the large majority of wrestlers in history, and he also has an incredible array of great matches to his credit (Spanning his WCW and WWF/E careers). If there's someone that deserve a spot in the HoF, its Austin.

Back on topic, its Texas.. So I think both Terry and Dory Funk should (and will) be inducted into the Hall of Fame. I want Savage to make it, but it ain't happening. I think Steamboat will be inducted, and maybe Ted Dibiase.

That's all I can think of at the moment.

Solid Stinger the Big Boss

Seriously tho, before neg repping LHR, anyone thinking of doing so should provide a convincing argument as to HOW "SCSA revolutionised 'the business'.

His attitude

Why does he has to “revolutionise” the business alone?

Him and many other wrestlers revolutionised the business together. Thus creating the Attitude Era and Austin was a huge participant in the Attitude Era.

LadyHotrod

There were a lot of wrestlers over the years who had bad attitudes. People just didn't pick up on it as much as they did with Austin. He rebelled against his boss. So what? Put the writers in the HoF then for giving his character that persona.

It's basically "Here, Austin. You get in the HoF for having a bad attitude".

Evil Austin

I just would like to adess an above post by someone saying that Sting should be in the class of HOF this year. I think not.

He has never ever appeared on WWE or WWF TV and has never had a match in their promotion. If you are talking about his WCW history and WWE owning the rights to WCW along with ECW I still don't think he should be inducted it's the WWE HOF not the WCW HOF.

Oh and I think these guys should be added to the 09' list.

Leigen of Doom -- I mean come on. No need to explain why.
Owen / Bret Hart -- I know it won't happen but still I hope.
Macho Man
Ultimate warrior
Ted Dibiase Snr
Val Venus / Bob Holly / Simmons -- Neither men accomplished much but they are there to put talent over and have been around the business since the early 90's in the E' / F'

That's all I got now.

SnackZ

Reaction score
Just so no one is confused I positive repped LadyHotRod for giving that opinion. Aggreed with LOD needing to be put in.

CenaMark54

Thing is, I don't give a dick about what other people think. It's clearly my opinion that Austin doesn't really fit in the HoF. It's not to say he's a horrible wrestler because he was one of my favourites but HoF? Meh, I don't really think so.

Practically nobody knew who the fuck he was before he made it into the WWE. When he first arrived, no one liked him and he was boring as hell. Once he got the 3:16-bad attitude-drink beer-beat up my boss persona, people started liking him. I don't really see what he did to make a huge impact on wrestling. He didn't have many moves and the only thing that really stood out about him was his attitude.

I hardly think someone who mostly just ran into the ring and gave random stunners and opened a few cans of beer while dropping some good lines should be in the HoF, to be quite honest.

Pete Rose and The Fridge are in the WWE Hall of Fame.

Surely an actual wrestler who was the second biggest draw of all time deserves to be in it. He is probably one of 10 wrestlers who really deserves to be in the hall.

Reaction score
Inducting someone just because the writers gave him a good persona should hardly constitute for an entry, imo.

If you think that he doesn't belong in the hof that's fine, but this statement is wrong. It was Austin who created his Stone Cold persona, not the writers.

Soulpower

Practically nobody knew who the fuck he was before he made it into the WWE.

Lol, no.

Airfixx

His attitude

Glad you took the time to build a convincing case. :roll:

Why does he has to “revolutioniseâ€￾ the business alone?

I didn't say he should, but "SCSA revolutionised 'the business' " is the text-book quotes you read when people swoon over Austin (hense my use of speach marks in my original post!).

Whatever.... I'm not gonna deny the man his HOF props - He's one of the most popular blah blah - but I'm far from a raging SCSA-mark either.