WWE General Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
What a strange argument. It should just be a case by case whether or not someone needs a surname or not and not just a matter of fact just because of a specific gender.

Bayley isn't going to fail because she doesn't have a surname, much the same way Becky isn't a guaranteed success because she has a surname.

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
What a strange argument. It should just be a case by case whether or not someone needs a surname or not and not just a matter of fact just because of a specific gender.

Bayley isn't going to fail because she doesn't have a surname, much the same way Becky isn't a guaranteed success because she has a surname.
To be honest I'm not sure what happened. I simply posted about Charlotte getting her surname and simply said I think the women should get surnames as well. How many Paige's are there in the world? It doesn't make sense for an athlete to go by a generic female name. At least Madonna is Madonna. Then he said something about whining? I don't recall there being any whining.

I also don't recall any mention of failing for Bayley or success for Lynch based on their surnames. It's more about respect. It's just silly to only call a Superstar by her first name. Nobody would take John Cena half as serious if he was only addressed as John. Just my two cents.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
To be honest I'm not sure what happened. I simply posted about Charlotte getting her surname and simply said I think the women should get surnames as well. How many Paige's are there in the world? It doesn't make sense for an athlete to go by a generic female name. At least Madonna is Madonna. Then he said something about whining? I don't recall there being any whining.

I also don't recall any mention of failing for Bayley or success for Lynch based on their surnames. It's more about respect. It's just silly to only call a Superstar by her first name. Nobody would take John Cena half as serious if he was only addressed as John. Just my two cents.

Idk I think it works better for women because it's cute. And John is the most generic name lol. Paige and Bayley are a little cooler.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Idk I think it works better for women because it's cute. And John is the most generic name lol. Paige and Bayley are a little cooler.
Paige, Emma, Naomi, Bayley are all also generic, extremely common female names.

I'd understand Rihanna or what have you. Asuka is also not too bad as we don't have many Asukas here.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
At the end of the day it's just a name, the people are going to get invested into the character, not the actual name. Unless you truly get a name that's designed to bury you or something, its' really not going to matter at all. Remember when 'Dolph Ziggler' was born and it was the worst name ever created? Well he hasn't had a bad career has he?

Of all the things that need to be looked at, surnames isn't anywhere near to being an issue.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
At the end of the day it's just a name, the people are going to get invested into the character, not the actual name. Unless you truly get a name that's designed to bury you or something, its' really not going to matter at all. Remember when 'Dolph Ziggler' was born and it was the worst name ever created? Well he hasn't had a bad career has he?

Of all the things that need to be looked at, surnames isn't anywhere near to being an issue.
I'm not saying it's pressing issue or something I'm ranting about. I just thought it was something worth fixing while WWE was already adding a surname for Charlotte. It would probably only take them a few days to come up with say 6 surnames and call it a day. If they don't, no big deal. It would just help with the whole they're all Superstars thing, if the Women stopped getting single common female ring names. That was my piece.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
But what is it going to fix, that's what i'm failing to understand here. Are you suddenly going to start giving more fucks about Naomi or Carmella because they've now got a fancy surname that you'll hear once or twice a show?

I'm just failing to see why I should look at Bayley or Sasha (funny how we rarely type her surname huh) or any differently because one has a surname and the other doesn't.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
But what is it going to fix, that's what i'm failing to understand here. Are you suddenly going to start giving more fucks about Naomi or Carmella because they've now got a fancy surname that you'll hear once or twice a show?

I'm just failing to see why I should look at Bayley or Sasha (funny how we rarely type her surname huh) or any differently because one has a surname and the other doesn't.
It fixes their legitimacy. If these weren't women, I doubt anyone would even take the other side. There isn't anyone here who thinks a Superstar should be called John or James and call it a day. That's part of the reason I'm sure WWE added her surname. She's always been a Flair, but I think wanted a surname now because it looks better to advertising Sasha Banks vs Charlotte Flair on billboards when their main eventing shows now.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Like I said it's cute for women.
Women in WWE don't want to be cute anymore, they want to be Superstars. Cute went away with Divas.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
What was a false equivalency?
"Ladies like......should get surnames"

Why? Anyone complain about Rusev, Sheamus, Cesaro, Kane not having last names?

Konno, Kalisto, Viktor, Rhyno, primo, epico, big e and big Cass........to name the current roster.

Zero complaints about it.

Last edited:

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
"Ladies like......should get surnames"

Why? Anyone complain about Rusev, Sheamus, Cesaro, Kane not having last names?

Konno, Kalisto, Viktor, Rhyno, primo, epico, big e and big Cass........to name the current roster.

Zero complaints about it.
90% of those names you mentioned are their last names. And for the few that aren't, OK you named the 5% of male superstars that don't have surnames (and those are tag team superstars that WWE are too lazy to give individual names to) compared the vast majority of women that don't. I never even said anything about men and wasn't making an equivalency I only stated if WWE WAS going to add Flair to Charlotte to make her sound more legit they should so it for the rest of the women. Are you seriously going to sit their and pretend you'd be OK if they decided to call Cena, John?

Also, Rhyno, Big E and Big Cass are gimmick names and would be fine if a woman had a similar gimmick name. None of those are given names.

Last edited:

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
90% of those names you mentioned are their last names. And for the few that aren't, OK you named the 5% of male superstars that don't have surnames (and those are tag team superstars that WWE are too lazy to give individual names to) compared the vast majority of women that don't. I never even said anything about men and wasn't making an equivalency I only stated if WWE WAS going to add Flair to Charlotte to make her sound more legit they should so it for the rest of the women. Are you seriously going to sit their and pretend you'd be OK if they decided to call Cena, John?

Also, Rhyno, Big E and Big Cass are gimmick names and would be fine if a woman had a similar gimmick name. None of those are given names.
Too many strawman points made, it's "either or" here.

No one complains about one name guys and no one claims it doesn't give them legitimacy. This is simply looking for problems.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Too many strawman points made, it's "either or" here.

No one complains about one name guys and no one claims it doesn't give them legitimacy. This is simply looking for problems.
There's probably only 6 guys at most there are only given male given first names. I'd also argue they should get surnames.

I don't see how this is looking for problems? The funny thing is WWE already agreed with me when it decided to add Flair to Charlotte, give Blake and Murphy back their full names on their split. I simply stated a small statement that I hope they did the same with the rest of the women. I never intended so many to take such strong umbrage to my rather small point.

And yes, I would argue the legitimacy of John Cena's name value if he was only billed as John.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
But giving Charlotte a surname doesn't make her anymore legit, it's giving her the Flair name that's making her legit even though I disagree about that. Judging by what you're saying, WWE could name her Charlotte Adams or some shit and that would make her even more legit than just being billed as Charlotte.