WWE General Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Sabretooth

Reaction score
They probably dropped the angle knowing them.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
WWE have had loads of comments about racism recently, so it wouldn't surprise me if that was the case.

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
I don't buy the "not enough time" point for a minute. They have 7 hours per week between Raw, Main Event, Superstars & Smackdown, plus social media, network shows and youtube to help too.

Not enough time my ass, maybe if they used that time more productively rather than running rematches of the previous show all the time then it wouldn't be a problem.
They're more biding their time to properly start us this stable.

With so much going on right now this new stable will just blend in and won't really be recognized.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
They're more biding their time to properly start us this stable.
Then why the hell did they introduce them in the first place and then proceed to do fuck all with them for more than two weeks? That makes absolutely no sense regardless of how you try to spin it. They should have just waited until post SummerSlam if they were really high on the idea, which they clearly aren't. Or, as LB said, the recent racism shit may have forced them to drop it, which wouldn't surprise me either.

As for LB's other point about them having plenty of time, to be fair, they were using Main Event to try and get them over when they first started, but then they were dropped from it too and Kofi lost as a face to Rollins on the program last night. If Main Event was the show that was being used to hype them, I'd say last night pretty much sealed their fate.

Speaking of Main Event, the Rollins/Kofi match was good and the main was a decent triple-threat between The Uso's, Rybaxel and RVD/Sheamus. Yes, that's right, RVD and Sheamus were a tag team and no, it wasn't all that pretty. :lol:

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Main Event rocked my world last night, you should all go out of your way to watch it. Sheamus had a decent match with Curtis Axel while Cesaro owned it on commentary, Seth Rollins cut a great promo, Luke fucking Harper cut a great promo and the main was a pretty solid big man match between Big Show and Eric Rowan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
Tom Phillips has joined Smackdown's announce team.

Drew

Reaction score
Smackdown was good too.

Even got Roman to acknowledge the beat down to "his boy" Dean Ambrose.

Of course I'd like to know where he was when Ambrose was getting beat down.

Also saw Nattie in shorts vs Paige again.

Don't know how anyone could not be #teamnattieshorts.

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
Rob Van Dam officially finished up his latest cycle of dates with World Wrestling Entertainment last night in Ontario, CA, facing Seth Rollins in a bout that will air this Friday on Smackdown.

Van Dam's deal with the company is that he works in 90 day intervals and then takes a hiatus before returning for his next run. He actually did a little over the 90 day window this time around.

There's no current timetable for his return to WWE, but Van Dam has already been announced as a headline guest for the 9/20 Legends of the Ring event in Monroe, NJ.
PWInsider

Postman Dave

Reaction score
watched some 2010 WWE on the Network earlier & I gotta ask, when did WWE stop being able to create good heels?

Just looking at Raw alone, at one point they had Sheamus as the heel champ, Wade Barrett & The Nexus, The Miz & the end of his US title run before stepping up to the main champ. Then CM Punk came back from injury & joined in too, they also had the tail end of Jericho & Edge's last heel runs.

Now Seth Rollins is pretty much the only main event heel they have. Rusev is doing well but until he drops the US title & goes for the WWE title we won't know how legit over he is, Brock's part time, Bray's lost a ton of steam & the next main heels are Big Show & Kane.

And most of those guys are being eclipsed by HHH, Steph & Heyman, none of whom wrestle (or in H's case, rarely now) at all.

They have so much talent and potential face wise, but nothing for them to work with. Such a waste. Look at 2010, Cena & Orton had a ton of great heels to work with.

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
Re: General WWE

WWE star Brad Maddox, who hasn't been seen on TV in forever, is on the road for tonight's WWE live event in Milwaukee, PWInsider.com has learned.
The former Raw GM has been off WWE TV since May 2014, with the exception of a cameo on a WWE interview that was broadcast via the WWE App. Maddox was backstage at a Smackdown taping in Atlanta several weeks back.
PWInsider

I wonder if they are ever going to reintroduce him back onto TV and into what role.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Hey [MENTION=75]Champagne Charlie[/MENTION], I found the perfect shirt for you....

0ctOofi.jpg

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
Hey [MENTION=75]Champagne Charlie[/MENTION], I found the perfect shirt for you....

0ctOofi.jpg
I actually like the front of that shirt, the back totally ruins it and so does the WWE wear bit.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
I was doing some mental fantasy booking for Wrestlemania last night and here's what I came up with for WM.

Keep the WWE title on Rollins all the way to WM now. Now we're past Summerslam, they may as well hunker down & keep the title on him for the long run.

Keep the Reigns/Ambrose friendship going on screen. In January, during the Royal Rumble build, have these two, Sheamus & someone else as your main front runners. In the RR match itself, have Ambrose eliminate Sheamus and Sheamus attack Ambrose in retaliation. The final two are Reigns & Ambrose, with Ambrose winning and the two sharing some mutual respect at the end.

Next night on Raw, have Sheamus attack Ambrose again and tease ruining Ambrose's night at WM by cashing in MITB following the match. With Ambrose also dealing with old enemy Rollins, in steps Reigns to deal with the Sheamus problem. At Fastlane, Reigns defeats Sheamus for the MITB briefcase, thus taking Sheamus out of the equation.

In the next couple of weeks, Rollins continues to press the idea of Reigns cashing in on him or Ambrose to make amends for last years show. Eventually, this leads to Ambrose & Reigns having a showdown in ring, which ends with Ambrose telling Reigns to add himself to the match.

Boom, Shield triple threat, friction in Reigns/Ambrose, mind games from Rollins, and Rollins heads into the match after almost a year as champ. New stars left, right & centre.

Yay or nay?

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Sounds good to me, like Ambrose winning the rumble instead of Reigns and I'm always up for someone losing the briefcase in a match. If they don't do a Shield triple threat for the belt at 'Mania then they're pretty dumb.