WWE General Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Re: WWE Tidbits & Rumours Thread

Well a rumor I read is that when the undertaker and triple h face off at wrestlemania 28, Shawn michaels will be the special guest referee.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage

Well a rumor I read is that when the undertaker and triple h face off at wrestlemania 28, Shawn michaels will be the special guest referee.

Maybe Sean Waltman can be the timekeeper and Kevin Nash can be the dude who holds Undertaker's hat and coat? I really hope they don't do the HBK as ref thing because that will just telegraph even further that Undertaker is winning. I realize he won't actually lose, but I like there to be some sort of air of uncertainty, and Michaels being involved basically eliminates that for me.

Sabretooth

Reaction score

Maybe Sean Waltman can be the timekeeper and Kevin Nash can be the dude who holds Undertaker's hat and coat? I really hope they don't do the HBK as ref thing because that will just telegraph even further that Undertaker is winning. I realize he won't actually lose, but I like there to be some sort of air of uncertainty, and Michaels being involved basically eliminates that for me.

No I actually also read that Shawn might screw 'taker

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage

No I actually also read that Shawn might screw 'taker

It would make more sense to screw Hunter considering Shawn would be jealous that he was about to do what Shawn himself was incapable of doing. However, if Shawn tries to screw Undertaker it will clearly backfire and blow up in his face. I don't have a problem with the match, just the predictability of the outcome.

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8

I saw that rumor also and as Fuji says it would just thrust the outcome of the match further in my face.

Sabretooth

Reaction score

No I think it would make the match more special

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage

No I think it would make the match more special

How special can it be when you already know who's going to win? The only problem with the Undertaker's WM matches is knowing full well he won't be losing them. As I said, adding Michaels is simply making it even more obvious that Undertaker will win.

However, that being said, I would LOVE it if Michaels screwed Hunter at a crucial moment. That would be a real surprise to me and would kick all kinds of ass.

Sabretooth

Reaction score

We don't know that undertaker is gonna win. At any time wwe could decide to end the streak

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage

We don't know that undertaker is gonna win. At any time wwe could decide to end the streak

There's more chance of a house falling on him than them booking him to lose at Wrestlemania. I might have bought that they could do it any time 10 years ago when they first started mentioning it, but now, no way.

Sabretooth

Reaction score

There's more chance of a house falling on him than them booking him to lose at Wrestlemania. I might have bought that they could do it any time 10 years ago when they first started mentioning it, but now, no way.

Why not

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage

Try to picture Undertaker's eventual Hall of Fame video package. The lights go down, the narrator begins to talk about his career, and then a graphic of 19-1 pops up on the screen. Doesn't seem as good as one that shows 20-0 does it? Remembering that wrestling is pre-determined, you have to realize that WWE themselves are the ones responsible for keeping the streak alive, so while I can see how they COULD end it at any time, what possible reason would they have to do so?

Gentleman Jake

You Must Have Me Confused with Someone Far Less Awesome
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo

your logic makes to much sense to compute

Sabretooth

Reaction score

Try to picture Undertaker's eventual Hall of Fame video package. The lights go down, the narrator begins to talk about his career, and then a graphic of 19-1 pops up on the screen. Doesn't seem as good as one that shows 20-0 does it? Remembering that wrestling is pre-determined, you have to realize that WWE themselves are the ones responsible for keeping the streak alive, so while I can see how they COULD end it at any time, what possible reason would they have to do so?

Because it has been going on for 19 years that's still pretty damn good. 1 loss isn't gonna make him seem like his career is meaningless

Kushikimi

Reaction score

Because it has been going on for 19 years that's still pretty damn good. 1 loss isn't gonna make him seem like his career is meaningless

Yeah but it isn't special... is like in the NFL... a team that finishes the season unbeaten is more special than the one that finishes with one loss... if you don't believe me asks the Dolphins and the Patriots...

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage

Yeah but it isn't special... is like in the NFL... a team that finishes the season unbeaten is more special than the one that finishes with one loss... if you don't believe me asks the Dolphins and the Patriots...

Basically this.

And in pro sports they can't even pre-determine the outcome, they actually have to play the games. In wrestling, they can keep the streak going forever and make it seem important. Or they could put a 1 at the tail end of it. I know which one I would choose.