WWE Games Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Roster gonna be small af come March

Necro

Hi, I'm Chucky. Wanna play?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
owenhart
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Wait, it was delayed?

Marty McFourth

Trying to figure out this life thing, what about you
Reaction score
I actually might grab it this time around. Will have to see how it's looking and if they've actually made proper improvements but they've had a lot more time to work with this time around.

I miss doing the Universe mode.

Necro

Hi, I'm Chucky. Wanna play?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
owenhart
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Report: WWE, 2K Relationship “Seriously Strained”

It was revealed on Saturday evening during WWE’s SummerSlam event that 2K Sports made the decision to delay WWE 2K22 until March 2022. The decision has seen mixed reactions from fans across the internet, but that’s not the only place having issues with the delay.
Speaking with multiple sources at 2K Sports, developer Visual Concepts, and beyond, there have been quite a few high-level decisions causing concern among the teams.
SGO has learned that there’s been infighting regarding direction of the game. 2K Sports and WWE have been going back and forth on pushing back WWE 2K22 since almost immediately after the game was announced. Most of those within WWE wanted the game to release in it’s normal Survivor Series window. Those from 2K Sports and Visual Concepts, on the other hand, pushed hard for a delay of the launch.
One of the reasons given to us were the sheer amount of releases over the past year. The team has been working on scanning wrestlers and building new character models pretty much from the ground up. Well, a number of superstars built were on the release list. One source even said, “this is shaping up to be the most outdated roster a game has seen”.
The game is expected to include a large amount of wrestlers no longer with the WWE, but the March release window now gives them time to adjust with removing wrestlers and adding any new ones WWE may want.

Heads Are Butting Over WWE 2K22 Delay Decision

The roster cuts aren’t just the only point of content between the parties. With the miserable release that was WWE 2K20, WWE has, apparently, been more difficult to deal with during this development cycle.
WWE has made in know they want a better product this time around. Despite still making record profits, the largest wrestling company in the World lost quite a bit due to the poor launch and reception surrounding WWE 2K20. Things got really bad when it reached a point where refunds were starting to be issued.
There was a lot of talk of whether it may be time for a split between the parties. 2K Sports has been the publisher of WWE video games since taking over for THQ in 2013 as part of the former studios closure. However, after years of working with Yukes as the developer of the series, Visual Concepts took over solely for WWE 2K20.
Fast-forward to early 2020. While WWE and Take-Two Interactive, the parent company of 2K Sports, were having multiple meetings over the future, the Stamford-based company did hang other publishers out as far as possible future partners.
“It was like threats to cancel cable,” one person said. “Threats would come out of them claiming to have interest from one company here or there. I don’t know how credible that was though, or just idle threats.”
The last extension of the agreement was made in 2016. Though no terms had been disclosed other than it was a “multi-year” deal, rumors had it at a six-to-seven years. With WWE 2K22, WWE has made it known, almost annoyingly so, how much this game means to the future of the franchise. To put it bluntly, it could be the end if it fails both critically and commercially again.
With the extra pressure during the build, the development team at Visual Concepts, already pinched, underfunded and understaffed compared to the past, have openly been angry.
“It just hasn’t been a fun place to be,” one source said. “Second guessing happens constantly because of a desperation to get things right.”
The one bright spot, many said, is that they ultimately got the delay for WWE 2K22. With many of the game’s elements being built from the ground up, it makes things less hectic, especially for some major new additions to the series.
“We are fans and gamers like everyone out there,” one developer said. “We are doing everything we possibly can to make the wrestling game fans want. From modes to how it feels in the ring, we want this to be the wrestling fan’s wrestling game.”
With everything going on behind the scenes, however, I had to look into the possibility of WWE getting out of the deal with Take-Two sooner than the expiration.
“It wouldn’t take as much as people would assume,” they said. “That’s how bad it’s been. But one great game and fan response could turn things right around.”

• Haha
Reactions: Chris

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Gonna be a shit show lmao

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
I honestly think the delay is a good thing. Especially with the roster cuts and whatnot. They should use this extra time to make the game the best it has been in years. Whether they'll actually do that? I doubt it.

It's really the final straw for me and the last time I'm looking at a WWE game. I haven't considered it in a while.

Reactions: Y2Jayne

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Delayed right on time to get its ass kicked by the aew game with Punk on the x
Cover :garrett

Reactions: Vegeta

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
Delayed right on time to get its ass kicked by the aew game with Punk on the x
Cover :garrett

I remember buying this one on Launch. Memories.

WWE13_Cover_Official-1755-720.jpg

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
I remember buying this one on Launch. Memories.

WWE13_Cover_Official-1755-720.jpg

Pretty sure that was the first one I had Day 1. But it could also be 12 :slip: Either way I am sure I had that one day 1 as well.

Reactions: Marty McFourth

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
Pretty sure that was the first one I had Day 1. But it could also be 12 :slip: Either way I am sure I had that one day 1 as well.

I think it was the last WWE game I truly enjoyed. Not without some flaws, but ultimately a very fun game I poured a lot of hours in to. Really hoping this next game is good, I geniunely am up to play a WWE game again.

Also Punk being on the cover certainly helped guide my purchase. :lol

Y2Jayne

2 levels above, 2 steps ahead
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
LBaYVuW
Favorite Wrestler
ToxicA
The last three games were rigged with glitches, the delay is a good thing. If this one is still glitchy, they will have no excuse with all the time they had to make it.

I am very concerned with the roster though, with all the releases from the last two years, they'd better compensate with more NXT stars.

Marty McFourth

Reaction score

I actually would buy it for this alone, so I hope it's true. Universe mode never had the same appeal as GM Mode for me, I spent hours upon hours in that mode and absolutely loved it

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
I’d love a mix of both. Like let you make your own brand but run it like a GM.