WWE Forums Fifa Tournament - Groups!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Robbie Coletrain

Big Robbie
Reaction score
Lol, Jonathan winning, me and Dolph's likely to both be out in the group stages. Gotta say, I didn't give Jonathan a chance against Dolph's, props or whatever.

Jonathan

Champion
Reaction score
Just beat Dolps 3-2. Re-matching for 2nd place, we're both on equal points and GD.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Let me preface this recap by saying I am not a great FIFA player. I'm barely a good FIFA player. But Jonathan, is a truly terrible FIFA player. And I don't say that out of spite, good game, he played very well and beat me. But it is obvious. From his simplistic offensive approach, to terrible finishing to comical finishing (not that mine wasn't in this match) he just isn't very good.

Within two minutes of the game I had already blown multiple chances to score. I broke the game open in the 9th minute and things were going as I expected.

believe the problem in this game was that I have tailored my game to help me compete with better players. My offense is anticipatory, and I try to guess what a good player will do and counter that. Jonathan isn't hard to read, but he is so basic with his sliding spams that I, being the genius I am, still expect him to try something else and continue to play as I do against good players. Same thing on defense. He was going through my D easily with his trashy offense, because I am so used to having my defense be utilized against more talented players. Also my decision to go "ultra attacking" was probably misguided in hindsight.

Anyhow, he tied it up and got multiple chances. I scored on a penalty (SPAM SLIDE TACKLE) and he answered with the corniest goal of all time. He loads up a shot, it bounces off my defender 20 feet in the air, my keeper dives where the shot was aimed, it comes down as he scrambles and it bounces over his head gently into the net.

He scored early in the 2nd half and I was pressing form there, never could finish the shots I created. I knew if we played again I would murder him.

I challenged him to a rematch to see if my theory would hold true; it did. I scored in minutes 3, 9, 31,34,& 90. (realized i only had 4 goals late and had to get one more)

He scored once on a nice cross. He has some decent plays he will pull out of his ass that seem out of his skill set, but he does it routinely enough that I accept it. His goofy ass (ie terrible) style of play is annoying.

anyhow, tldr, I guess JOnathan advances lol

Reactions: Rysenberg and Crayo

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Didn't realize we were going best of 3 lmao. Terrible decision on his part

Robbie Coletrain

Big Robbie
Reaction score
Wait so is it best of three or not? Confused as to who is through.