WWE DVD Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

InYourFace

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
chrisdaniels
Favorite Wrestler
delirious
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
Just watched SummerSlam 2013 on my Blu Ray, first time I have watched this show since I saw it live.

After the watch I realize just how lucky I was to be there live to witness Brock/Punk because that match is just phenomenal! it was even better on the rewatch since I could see everything in more detail but good lord those 2 killed each other.

Christian/Del Rio is still just as fantastic as I remember, good lord does Del Rio kick Christian's head off in that match.

When I saw Cena/Bryan live I loved it but after watching it again I wasn't that crazy about it shockingly enough.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Just watched SummerSlam 2013 on my Blu Ray, first time I have watched this show since I saw it live.

After the watch I realize just how lucky I was to be there live to witness Brock/Punk because that match is just phenomenal! it was even better on the rewatch since I could see everything in more detail but good lord those 2 killed each other.

Christian/Del Rio is still just as fantastic as I remember, good lord does Del Rio kick Christian's head off in that match.

When I saw Cena/Bryan live I loved it but after watching it again I wasn't that crazy about it shockingly enough.

Brock/Punk is such a masterpiece, you luck sob.

InYourFace

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
chrisdaniels
Favorite Wrestler
delirious
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
And I see myself twice on the show, I see me and my bro when Brock's music hits & we start jumping up and down haha.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
I do think Punk/Lesnar has to be a strong contender for match of the year.

InYourFace

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
chrisdaniels
Favorite Wrestler
delirious
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
It's easily top 5 for MOTY.

It might possibly be my MOTY.

InYourFace

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
chrisdaniels
Favorite Wrestler
delirious
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
I still can't believe WWE doesn't give you the whole kickoff match from SummerSlam, it's just the last 5 mins :smash:

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
[video=youtube;RYpw1niMswE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYpw1niMswE[/video]

[video=youtube;BddVPND3pfA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BddVPND3pfA[/video]

The History of WWE – 50 Years of Sports Entertainment trailer which comes out in the US Novemeber 19th. Documentary looks like it will be pretty damn interesting, gonna check it out for sure.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
I'll be shocked if that doesn't get more than 2 and half hours of run time given how they will be talking about 50 years, but with that being said I'm pretty sure a lot of stuff will get skipped over or slightly touched.

Nate

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
homicide
Favorite Wrestler
bullyray
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
therock3
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
I've always wanted to see a complete history of the WWE. I hope there's some behind-the-scenes material like how Triple H's DVD was, because I would like to hear about how the first Draft was thought up and how they decided to organize the two separate brands.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
So the 50 Year History DVD thingy was pretty great with the documentary having a run time of 2 hours. Really enjoyed the vast majority of it especially the early years stuff, thought it dragged a bit towards the end when it got up to more of the present day stuff but still a great watch regardless.

Nate

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
homicide
Favorite Wrestler
bullyray
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
therock3
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
2 hours? Huh I'll have to take a look at it. Hopefully they don't stop and spend too much on certain spots that have been documented to death (ie Montreal Screwjob).

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
WrestlingDVDNews.com reports that "Music of WWE" will be a new DVD released in 2014 and may be the beginning of a series similar to the recent Superstar Collection where several DVD's are released over the course of the year. Word is that 25 tracks make up the DVD and will feature a behind-the-scenes look at the role entrance themes play on each Superstar's identity. There will also be involvement with WWE music composer Jim Johnston, who is interviewed to give a back story on tracks. Here's the synopsis:

"Music has been integral in WWE history, especially anthems for all the greatest WWE Superstars. Since Sgt. Slaughter first made his entrance to the Marine Corp hymn in the early 80′s music themes have become synonymous with the Superstars themselves. Just hearing the first few notes brings the crowd to their feet. They are the songs that let the WWE Universe know that business is about to pick up. Now, get behind the music and learn the inside story behind the timeless anthems of WWE and the superstars."
Not something I would ever consider buying, but i'm intrigued enough to want to check it out to see how it is.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
WrestlingDVDNews.com reports that WWE will be releasing a "Best of RAW: Not on RAW" DVD in 2014. The set will be made up of post-RAW dark segments, skits and matches. It will be a three-disc DVD set coming out in April and a Blu-ray is also expected.

Here's the early synopsis:

"Never before released moments after RAW has gone off the air and the cameras keep rolling. Stone Cold singing to the fans, Vince doing a Spinnarooni, dark matches Cena vs. Edge, etc."
Not something i'd buy but i'll definitely look to check it out as it sounds like it could be a whole heap of fun.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Will buy the digital copy of that. It seems like it could be real fun. I got the mitb, 50 years, and Goldberg collection on vudu when they had them on sell this last weekend.