WWE Draft

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

gamebreaker

Reaction score
Imagination Land! Where hippos laugh, and Pee Wee
i really expected cena drafted to SmackDown but instead it was hhh??
anyways, i think at night of champions, batista is gonna win the world title and the world title will be on raw, and triple h is gonna retain for the wwe title to be on smackdown, and big show will win the ecw title for it to be on ecw...

JTG

Reaction score
I think Edge is going to retain the World Heavyweight Championship, John Cena is going to win the WWE Championship, and The Big Show will win the ECW Championship for it to be in ECW.

NinoBrown

Reaction score
I'm really surprised because this means the WWE title which has been won by some of the best wrestlers ever to grace WWE television is being moved over to the "B" show, Smackdown!

Batista, Jeff Hardy and Umaga were pretty predicatible but some of the draft picks were pretty odd, like the champions being moved didn't make too much sense. So here are my questions:

Is the US title a ECW/SD! shared title now?

Won't Punk still be wrestling on all three shows even though he's been drafted or will he cash in sooner?

Will HHH stay on SD! or get traded back?

Michael1

Reaction score
Good draft lottery, except for ECW only getting Matt Hardy, but even he's strong for the brand.

Smackdown! definitely won this draft lottery. Honestly, I didn't expect Triple H to get drafted. I did expect Kennedy since he wasn't featured on the show at all, but Triple H, I didn't think so. I thought it'd be John Cena. Oh well, still, Smackdown! won this drafted, IMO. And it was a pretty good one too.

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
I think that all the big Raw stars going to SD was to help them when they switch networks, and giving them a "face" with HHH on the brand now.

Reaction score
Yeah They need people there that can carry it to the new network with new faces. Speaking of new Faces. The supplemental Draft is going on right now. Ill update you all with what has happened.

Raw Gets:
Jamie Noble
Duece
Chuck palumbo
Matt Striker
Layla
Kofi Kingston

Smackdown Gets:
Trevor Murdoch
Big Daddy V
DH Smith
Brian Kendrick
Maria
Carlito
Shelton Benjamin

ECW Gets:
Mark Henry
Hornswoggle
Finlay
Super Crazy

Thats it so far. But I think there are still picks to be made. These new moves hurt ECW even more if you ask me. But lol.

JTG

Reaction score
These moves hurt RAW more.

Reaction score
I dont really think so. They get the new talent in Kofi Kingston. Maybe they can put Chuck in a legit feud. But yeah the others are just fillers. And Layla is hot lol. But then Shelton is now on SD and off of ECW. So I really think this is hurting the depth of the ECW roster. They get Swoggle and Finlay, so I am guessing they are going to win the tag titles, but that still leaves two of SDs titles on ECW. And saying that Mark Henry wins the ECW that will take it back there. There is a lot of things going on. It may not hurt anyone lol. Especially if ECW ends up having 3 titles...they are going to need a larger timeslot >_>

Dre

Reaction score
Smackdown! definatly won this Draft. Now they got a average Low Card, Strong Mid Card, & Strong Main Eventers. As of right know Smackdown! > RAW.

JTG

Reaction score
RAW gets talent in Kofi Kingston, but the others are just filler. Carlito, Jeff Hardy, Ken Kennedy, Triple-H, and Umaga off RAW is hurting the depth of the RAW roster. They get Chuck Palumbo, Deuce, Jamie Noble, Layla, and Matt Striker. RAW definitely lost this Draft.

kingovkings

Reaction score
ECW has been raped
RAW still got a strong roster and some new good talent in Kingston and punk
Smack down has gained massively from the draw and IMO is up there with raw for talent now. But it had to get some credible talent for the network switch

JHar888

Reaction score
Here's a short review I wrote on the draft. Hopefully I didn't leave anything out:

This year's WWE Draft can be described in one word...predictable. Who wouldn't have guessed that Punk was going to Raw? Who wouldn't have guessed that somehow with the draft, all the title matches at NOC would've been shook up with new twists? Who wouldn't have guessed that something would happen to McMahon? They couldn't end the show with Vince giving away money to a fan and then just saying "Goodnight." They pretty much blew it.

They screwed ECW. I thought they'd try to add more ECW Originals to the roster, but instead, they added Matt Hardy. Of course, ECW got the United States Champions, but they only won one pick out of the total eleven. They could've at least given The Land of "Extreme" someone like Super Crazy! Personally, I would've enjoyed seeing Rey Mysterio go to ECW. Instead, they send him over to Raw, where his style doesn't fit in IMO.

The Raw roster now, consists of ex-ECW and SmackDown stars, and SmackDown consists of the WWE Champion, and guys who were losing popularity on Raw. Maybe on SmackDown we'll see Jeff Hardy and Mr. Kennedy move up to the main event scene. If not, this can be added to the dumb moves WWE has made in this year's draft.

To sum it all up, they really opened things up to make things more predictable in time for NOC. Following up on the draft, I'm predicting Triple H defeats John Cena, Big Show defeats Kane and moves to ECW, and Batista defeats Edge. That way, all brands can have a champion. It's obvious that WWE will either do what I'm predicting, or something more complicated in order to give every brand a head champion.

1chiban

Reaction score
Super Crazy has gone to ECW in the Supplemental Draft, along with Mark Henry.

CenaMark54

RAW gets talent in Kofi Kingston, but the others are just filler. Carlito, Jeff Hardy, Ken Kennedy, Triple-H, and Umaga off RAW is hurting the depth of the RAW roster. They get Chuck Palumbo, Deuce, Jamie Noble, Layla, and Matt Striker. RAW definitely lost this Draft.

You failed to mention the fact that Raw got Punk, Mysterio, Batista and Kane. Raw will more than likely get Taker as well.

Those five alone are greater than anything SD got. Raw won the draft again.