• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WWE Draft to take place shortly after WrestleMania

Dale

Super Moderator
I don't think they'll turn it into a third brand anyway. I get the feeling they wanna make the brand seem important by drafting people to NXT when in all reality they're just restocking on talent since they're about to lose some super key players when Bron/Ilja/Carmelo are officially gone.

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
The thing about a developmental brand is you need veterans that will come down and work with the rookies so they have someone with experience to work off of and not just always working with other rookies learning their craft. Taking people that Raw and smackdown just don’t have anything for creatively and throwing them down there for like a couple of months to whenever. Honestly is a win-win win.

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
The thing about a developmental brand is you need veterans that will come down and work with the rookies so they have someone with experience to work off of and not just always working with other rookies learning their craft. Taking people that Raw and smackdown just don’t have anything for creatively and throwing them down there for like a couple of months to whenever. Honestly is a win-win win.
This is why when I played TEW, and currently Pro Wrestling Sim, I send vets down to my development so they have someone to help train and work with the talent. Gotta have those names there

Storm Trooper

If I can be Storm Trooper for a Minute
Strongly against NXT as a third brand. That's how you end up with the 2019-20 situation with a logjam at the top, the "NXT regulars" getting stale, and nobody getting enough match experience to fulfil their potential
You're 100% right. I think they're not doing that, but what they are gonna do is what they've been doing, where guys can be sent to NXT when they're not doing anything on Raw/SD. But I'd love if they allow NXT to draft a few people after the draft is comeplete. So any of the guys not drafted at all can get a shot in the arm by going to NXT.

What I love that they're doing is that top NXT guys are declaring for the draft, which is something akin to what happens with College Football and the NFL. Treat the Draft like the NFL Draft. Also love that they're intentionally doing the draft during the NFL Draft.

Dale

Super Moderator
I wonder what women come up tbh, really can't imagine there being too many unless it's maybe a tag team

King Kota

Live Laugh Love
Don't mind the rules glad it's alt picks but also cody officially leaving SD for Raw is intresting. I figured they might leave that as first pick. I don't like draft pool thing though just put them all together.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
If you're gonna do two nights then I think they need the pools. Otherwise N2 is just gonna be midcarders and no one will really care much

Sky

TOTAL NONSTOP ACTION
Figures that the champs would be protected as soon as the championships become non-colour-coded thus allowing them not to be protected

I just find it funny that it was open season when it was the RAW Women's and SD Tags, but with non-brand-related title names now no champions are moving