WWE Draft Monday 4/23 3hr

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
Dolph'sZiggler said:
3 hour Raw so they can show the replay of Brock punching Cena 500 more times. The 40 times we've seen it over the past few weeks just hasn't been enough!

LMAO

:lol1::lol1:

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
If the draft happens, it will contain way too many superstars moving again, most that won't even be on the show, and then we'll get the same stale ass feuds from SD on Raw and vice versa.

Reactions: Dolph'sZiggler

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Draine said:
If the draft happens, it will contain way too many superstars moving again, most that won't even be on the show, and then we'll get the same stale ass feuds from SD on Raw and vice versa.

So true.

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
Draine said:

This.

Defo need to sort out where they are going with SD and RAW atm.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Crayo said:
SD just needs to die already.

Why does it? Smackdown can be a handy tool for building stars, Punk, Cena, Brock, JBL, Henry and Bryan are examples of that. Having Smackdown will always be a good thing even if the show quality is below par for a period of time.

I'll See Ya Kia

Beautiful Palm Trees.
Reaction score
I used 2 love SD. It's where I could learn how 2 work better watching real professionals. Most of the wrestlers are 'green' now so I've become less enthused about it recently

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Seabs said:
Why does it? Smackdown can be a handy tool for building stars, Punk, Cena, Brock, JBL, Henry and Bryan are examples of that. Having Smackdown will always be a good thing even if the show quality is below par for a period of time.

They have no passion to make SD good. It's literally the same as NXT at the moment, a place to put the other stars. The supershow concept has killed it. When has SmackDown actually main-evented a PPV apart from EC (because they wanted the Big Show spot)? It goes back to Taker and Kane doesn't it? I say end the brand split, have two shows still just not separate brands.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
They probably ask USA Network for special three hour shows a few months in advance. Therefore, I don't think they knew that at this time, there would still be Supershow and also Johnny running both brands. And if the draft did take place next week, I'm sure it would be all over WWE.com and they would have told us time and time again on TV, they just said it was a three hour special, which I think was supposed to be the draft when they sheduled it, but plans have changed.

However, I do see draft as being useful. Not for TV, but for the house show circuit. There are still separate Raw and SD house shows, the draft affects who performs on each live event. If they want to pop a rating they'll do it, but I don't think it'll happen next week.

Jose Tortilla

Champion
Reaction score
Damn, 3 hour RAW. Really want to see the draft live.. #Thinking

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
Dolph'sZiggler said:
The draft isn't happening! It's going to be a swerve! Brand split ending! Ace runs both shows and with the Supershow layout it's pointless to have a draft! You heard it here first! (well not here in this post, but from me. I've been calling this for weeks)

I would rather hope this did happen. A draft is pointless when the brand extension doesn't even exist except for Smackdown the B-show. I used to think the brand split was a good idea (and it was) but with no brand exclusive PPVs and Raw not even acknowledging that there even is a brand extension anymore, maybe it's time for it to go.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
There's more hope for SD than I do for Raw atm.
Wasn't too long since before Christmas, where we opened with Cody Rhodes being awesome, saw Wade in the 1-hour ME, Mark Henry being a baws in the ME, and the rest of the show had plenty of young talents.

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
Draine said:
There's more hope for SD than I do for Raw atm.
Wasn't too long since before Christmas, where we opened with Cody Rhodes being awesome, saw Wade in the 1-hour ME, Mark Henry being a baws in the ME, and the rest of the show had plenty of young talents.

With Draine just before x-mass SD wasn't all bad as he mentions they've just over exposed a few ppl recently on both shows and stuffed it up. U do need two shows but they should try and limit stars a little bit so they aint on both week in week out.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Cloud said:
With Draine just before x-mass SD wasn't all bad as he mentions they've just over exposed a few ppl recently on both shows and stuffed it up. U do need two shows but they should try and limit stars a little bit so they aint on both week in week out.

I really liked SD throughout most of 2010 & 2011 with the rise of ADR, Christian in 2011, Henry in late 2011, Rhodes, Ziggler in 2010, Edge after the CM Punk trade.. since around the beginning of this year though it's been pure shit.