• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WWE Cutting Cost following unsuccessful first half

C.M. Shaddix

The Architect
Hotshot
Rumor Roundup: SummerSlam finishes, WWE cost cutting

It has been reported WWE is WAY behind on revenue for 2017.

You may have noticed AJ Styles and Brock Lesnar did not have their pyros in their entrances last week, these were cut to save money. WWE has also axed a few network shows, however they are still not going back dual brand pay per views. Which is probably a good idea because it gives guys more exposure if there were brand specific pay per views. It's unclear when WWE will be future endevoring some guys but that will be around the corner probably (DON'T PICK UP THE PHONE TYE! lol)

Last edited:

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
It's unclear when WWE will be future endevoring some guys but that will be around the corner probably (DON'T PICK UP THE PHONE TYE! lol)
I've heard Summer Rae & Emma may-be let go...
and of course you would think Paige would also
be somewhere on that list.

Hey WWE...may-be if you actually put some effort
into your story telling and developed some of your
performers...more people would be inclined to watch
your network and buy your products.

Just an idea...

Zardnaar

The Showoff
And with ratings being in the shitter and the TV contracts coming up for renewal in a couple of years lol.

Make good TV, I have not got around to watching NXT, 205 or SD/RAW from last week yet and NXT is the best of the bunch.

alexb

The Lunatic Fringe
First off, the pyro thing isn't just limited to AJ Styles's or Brock Lesnar's entrances only; if you hadn't noticed already, there hasn't been any pyro AT ALL, including when the show goes on the air. Though being used to it for all this years - especially during the opening of the shows - I can't say that it bothers me to not have any pyro anymore but, let's b real, pyro or no pyro is the least of WWE's concerns these days...

Elsewhere, they've been axing shows on the network left and right including Edge and Christian's which was by far one of the bigger successes and that alone I feel is one of the bigger tells that shit has really hit the fan.

That being said, we all know that one of the easiest ways to save some money is to get rid of a few contracts and more so of people that are not being used either at all or barely anyway and if that's the case, it should come to no surprise if we see a few people being released after Summerslam.

Come to think of it, you have the Colons that are practically one foot out the door, Dolph Ziggler is nowhere to be found for the past two (?) months, Paige is pretty much done (though I'd leave a window open only because or Rock and his movie) and rumor has it that Summer Rae ain't coming back (which would be a shame). Furthermore, from what I see on TV and how certain people are treated alongside the rumors backstage, I suspect a lot of heat on Emma and a lot of heat on Enzo, though I can't imagine WWE would go as far as releasing the latter.

You know, speaking of budget cuts - and I'm sure not many will agree - how about WWE reducing the PPV's? First of all, I can't imagine anybody paying 50 bucks each month for the actual PPV like the good old days so I'm not sure each PPV they produce indeed turns out profitable. I mean, last I heard, they were giving tickets away practically for free just to fill up some seats at Battleground cause no one gave a shit.

I wouldn't go as far as going back to the Big Four only format cause you certainly want the Money in the Bank PPV to stick around but other ones such as the aformentioned Battleground or Great Balls or Fastlane or (God have) No Mercy (on us) I think could easily be cut. Have PPV's every couple of months and make them special again, just like they used to be.

Let me put it this way: when's the last time they created unique setups for all these B level PPV's? Leave Wrestlemania aside (and correct me if I'm wrong) every single PPV has the RAW or SD setting with just different color lights and a small adjustment perhaps of the ramp where the superstars enter. I ain't no expert, but them not going through the trouble of creating these unique stages anymore speaks...budget cuts? And please don't tell me throwing a few tables, ladders and chairs around the ring during TLC is considered a...unique stage setup.

Mr. Roman Empire

The Game
Main Eventer
Cut the cruiserweight division already. It was nice that they tried. But it's too many worthless jobbers that no one cares about. I'm tired of watching Neville be all pissed off, creepy, and sweaty every week

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Too much money spent on making Roman look strong
Dude...don't say that! The Roman fans will get
sand in their vaginas if you point that out.

I mean hell...if Vince wants to "ride" his chosen
one straight into financial ruin...that's his choice.

Besides...Vince isn't wrong...its the fans who are
wrong...I mean how dare they have an opinion
and not cheer for that greasy haired, smug faced,
Jack & the Beanstalk quoting Samoan wrestling
God.

Last edited:

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Seth Rollins is boring. That doesn't help.
Bray Wyatt should have walked out of Wrestlemania as champion, not that dirty bum Randy Orton.
Brock Lesnar is a piece of garbage. That's a shame too.
Jinder Mahal is a wimpy foreigner. They may as well put the championship on an invisible person.

That's all I've got. WWE does many things right but none of the things that really matter.

Brother Loathe

Ah Loathe Yewwwwww
It's ok though because they still have enough money for Total Divas and the 200 championship titles in the company.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
I get them cancelling some shows on the network, as well as the pyro, but how about reducing the number of PPVs, WWE? :smug:

Rosie

Dark Side
Really, I think the first thing they should do to cut costs (at least starting next year) is reduce PPVs to once a month and alternate between Raw and Smackdown Live for the non-big four. The Brand Split has been good in that it has gave some reason to watch both the main shows (well at least the better one as oppossed to both being crap and the same matches on both). But the extra PPVs cost money to run and even with the Network, we can't keep up!

Brother Loathe

Ah Loathe Yewwwwww
I get them cancelling some shows on the network, as well as the pyro, but how about reducing the number of PPVs, WWE? :smug:

Just give us 4-8 PPV's a year and I might be able to keep up. I know it's not possible for me to catch everything so I don't bother at all.

I completely agree with this and have never understood how not even just one PPV a month but I didn't realise to a couple of months ago that they did two PPVs every four weeks which is completely ridiculous plus with the addition of two world titles, two sets of tag titles and women titles, it demeans the titles, the gimmicks and the exposure of the workers in the company, I don't really see what good comes out of it, but then they're botching and constantly cutting costs because of the decisions they're intentionally making which is losing them money.

Factor in the you don't actually pay the big cost for the PPVs and you get everything for the extremely smaller fixed price of 9.99, it drops the wages of the workers but they're not making any of that money up because of guys like Lesnar who pretty much have a fucking share in the company at this point, but they don't have the guts to drop him because they still think he draws and don't want to risk the guys think who have the passion to be on top because they don't have the money the company doesn't have or wants to give and makes the guys more miserable with less money, less oppourtunities and less freedom then bitch when they don't grab a piece of metaphorical jewellery.

Plus, the PPV sets are shit and I don't know why people aren't as upset as that than the pyro.

Look at NXT, they have less time, less events, a smaller roster, and a smaller arena and is better in quality according to most - I wonder if there's a lesson there? :y2j:

DualShock

Jobber
It's so pathetic that a big ass promotion with their own network in 2017 had to cut something so simple like pyro to save money. And we are not even talking about a pyro Chinese New Year style with red & green dragons flying, we are talking aobut a normal Brock Lesnar pyro. So sad