WWE Creative Told Not To Mention WM 17 Match

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Ben

Reaction score
F4WOnline.com is reporting that the WWE creative team has been told not to mention or have either Triple H or The Undertaker reference their match at WrestleMania 17.

As most are aware, 'Taker and Triple H wrestled each other 10 years ago at WrestleMania, and of course The Undertaker won. But WWE wants to put Triple H over as a credible threat to The Undertaker's streak, so creative has been told not to have the bout mentioned on TV so that the marketability of the WrestleMania 27 match is not hurt, nor is the fan's perception that Triple H can actually end the streak.

If anything I think they would want to mention it to add heat to the feud, regardless another case of WWE just trying to pretend stuff in the past never happened.

LLCoolJoel

Reaction score
Exactly Ben, I would rather hear that Triple H has redemption on his mind rather than pretending a slice of history didn't happen.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
I figured they would anyway since Taker wasn't The Deadman for that match. The build to that match was the true birth of the streak and also told how HHH had never beaten Taker up until that point (he has 1 win over the Deadman character now).

The funny thing is that the match is mentioned in detail in the WrestleMania history book and the only thing left out are Benoit's matches (they have Kane and Taker as the WM20 main event)

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
You know I'm not gonna buy this just yet only because they will show that clip of opponents Taker has beaten that they show every year. Now if they do some Blue edit to not show that then that is just outright stupid. As said they should be using this apart of the storyline.

SAL

Reaction score
"Hey, this thing happened 10 years ago. Let's continue to insult our long-time fans' intelligence so the people who don't care enough to know won't find out!"

LLCoolJoel

Reaction score
I still don't see where this should be blocked as I see it it adds a personal level for Triple H's character because no one wants to lose especially on the "biggest stage of the all" Wrestlemania.

AF.

Reaction score
Who cares...

Phenomenal1

Reaction score
Who cares...

You would if you were a true wrestling fan.

I know being a 20+ fan of the wrestling product I'm not a fan of having my intelligence insulted by WWE when they pretend matches that happened never actually happened.

Of course, if you don't mind WWE basically call you a brain dead blueberry that won't remember a match that went down 10 years ago that's up to you.

AF.

Reaction score
lolol doesn't bother me that they dont mention a match calm down p1, calm down.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
All PSYCH's points about them bringing up the history between the two goes up in smoke :lmao

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
I think we're overreacting a bit. WM17 was the first Wrestlemania i ever watched, as well as my favourite, and i don't feel "insulted". This doesn't bother me at all, in fact i think it makes a lot of sense.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Directly from wwe.com
Precisely 10 years ago, the two respected and feared Superstars squared off on The Grandest Stage of Them All at WrestleMania X-Seven. During that contest, the action spilled outside the ring in a memorable display of power and determination. In the end, The Demon of Death Valley prevailed by pinfall.

http://us.wwe.com/shows/wrestlemania/matches/17056556/preview/

And as I said before they mentioned it in the history of WM mag

AF.

Reaction score
Hopefully that makes you guys feel a little better. Might be able to sleep at night now etc.

Phenomenal1

Reaction score
Right right. Because WWE Creative has control over the WWE magazine and website.

WWE Creative runs TV. Match has not been mentioned on TV.

Kylie

Reaction score
It doesn't matter if it's not brought up again. New era, new feud. They're not insulting anyone's intelligence at all. Don't forget a lot of their fans weren't old enough to remember the match 10 years ago.