WWE Creative Told Not To Mention WM 17 Match

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Phenomenal1

Reaction score
Sure but now that Rock came back alot of their fans do remember it.

AF.

Reaction score
^ Your posts fucking annoy me.

You are incapable of raising a good point.

Kenneth Allen

Reaction score
The only thing annoying about the posts is that he's saying "if we were true fans". I'm almost 26 years old, I've been watching since I was 4. If 22 years of watching not just WWE, but all brands, doesn't qualify me as a "true fan" then maybe the jeers and disbelief by people when I tell them I still watch wrestling could? I don't know. I'm not offended by their omission of the match.. so that makes me what?

Anyway, to stay on topic.. I'm not insulted in the slightest. My era of Wrestling, which I consider from around 1997 - 2004, was like the steroid era of baseball. It's now a shame and a blemish on the sport, and a regrettable thing of the past. I'm not saying that's how it is, I'm saying that's how it feels.

HHH vs. Biker Taker at WM17 wasn't even that good to me. Great match, but I hated the Biker gimmick from day one. Year after year I waited for the return of the Deadman. Now that he's back, I consider it a remake if anything. So them ignoring that it happened doesn't piss me off, it interests me more in watching what is an inevitable loss for HHH.

My only question is when are they going to announce that HHH is going to put his career on the line?

SAL

Reaction score
I've gotten some backlash in this thread, and I get that. To be honest, I don't really care whether they mention the match or not. I don't care much about this "feud" either way. It came from nothing, and it's nothing more than putting two big names together because no matter how much lip service they give to a "youth movement," they're too afraid to spotlight the young guys exclusively and give them the rub they really need to legitimize them. Taker/HHH will be everything Taker/HBK was but worse, lots of false finishes, a kickout of a pedigree, a kickout of a tombstone probably, and I won't really care.

What bothers me is not just that they won't talk about it. It's the idea that they are intentionally ignoring the history in order to tell what they think is a more compelling story aimed at the casual and young fans. It's their way of saying "we know we've already hooked the suckers that care enough to remember the first match, so we don't need to waste our time keeping continuity." Maybe it's not true. But if they're sending out orders not to discuss the prior match, that just aggravates me as a long-time fan.