Survivor Series WWE Considering Guest Referee for Brock and Jinder

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
wPVSWtb.jpg

"Dave Meltzer notes in the latest edition of The Wrestling Observer Newsletter that WWE is considering spicing up the Survivor Series “Champion v Champion” main event between Brock Lesnar and Jinder Mahal by adding a special guest referee.

One of the names that’s reportedly being considered for the role is John Cena. Mahal has recently spoken about how he would like to face Cena at WrestleMania and this could serve as a stepping stone to get there.

Vince McMahon apparently has also been considering The Rock or Steve Austin for the role but it would largely depend on their interest, schedules and how much they would cost."

-source

Take it like the wind, it is Dave reporting this but I would not put it past WWE to do this.
Thoughts? Would you find the match more interesting with someone like Austin or the Rock stepping in?

The Gipper

The Gipper
Reaction score
Ahhhh, I see WWE is attempting to make people care about this match. It will probably fail but atleast they're trying.

• Haha
Reactions: Solid Snake

Doxo

Moist Nephew
Reaction score
I'd prefer just a typical one on one, but whatever. [HASHTAG]#TeamJinder[/HASHTAG]

Lawd Of Wolves

The Artiste
Banned
Reaction score
If there is any special guest referee involved, the likes of Austin, Cena or The Rock, it is very high for Jinder to win with the special guest ref attacking Lesnar leading up to a short rivalry, The Rock v Lesnar is a pretty dope match I'd watch

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
A guest referee throwing the match or doing something to Brock or something might be the only way out of this ill conceived match. I mean, this match is a no win situation. Being that Jinder still is seen as a jobber not entitled to hold the belt by many, having him beat Lesnar would destroy this whole Lesnar build up that Roman is set to get the eventual rub from (not that I care if that happens, but WWE has to). But really, anything other than Lesnar going into the ring and F-5ing him and ending the match right away will not look great for Brock. On the other hand, doing something this naïve would damage the WWE Championship more than it has been.

Back in the day, NWA and WWWF and sometimes NWA and AWA would have World Champion vs World Champion matches. They were interesting exhibition matches that almost always ended in a draw. Of course they had to, though. Neither could afford to have their champion look inferior to the other.

I dunno, maybe have Lesnar grab Jinder and put him in the F-5 hold without hitting the move and have the Singh Brothers attack him. I dunno. This match is an awful idea.

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
I...I don't care...

I honestly don't care.

Can we please just put the World title on Styles or Owens and
just stick Jinder back in the mid-card where he belongs?

Honestly...last year Survivor Series was so much fun to watch...
and this year its just a terrible looking card.

Alexa vs. Natalya? This appears to be nothing more than a
set up for a Carmella cash in...

Miz vs. Corbin? Heel vs. Heel and frankly both guys need a
win...so no matter what happens one of them will still look
like a moron...but at least the Miz has Maryse at home...so
he is always winning anyway.

I'm sure Shield/Usos will be awesome...and I'm hoping the
elimination matches are as good as last years.

Seriously the men's match last year was fantastic and I
have re-watched it several times (on dvd).

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score

Knowing WWE, Miz will eat the loss.

Pop Tatari

Christian vieri
Reaction score
More intrigued to see it as a normal match with out the gimmick in a weird way. If they are gonna do it then do it with out the fuckery. Though the match should not be even be going ahead. interested to see how they book jinder in the match regardless of the result and adding a guest ref would ruin it and turn it into a further farce

Mr. Roman Empire

The Game
Main Eventer
Reaction score
I...I don't care...

I honestly don't care.

Can we please just put the World title on Styles or Owens and
just stick Jinder back in the mid-card where he belongs?

Honestly...last year Survivor Series was so much fun to watch...
and this year its just a terrible looking card.

Alexa vs. Natalya? This appears to be nothing more than a
set up for a Carmella cash in...

I'm sure Shield/Usos will be awesome...and I'm hoping the
elimination matches are as good as last years.

Seriously the men's match last year was fantastic and I
have re-watched it several times (on dvd).

The men's 5 on 5 was great. Watched it multiple times myself, which is extremely rare that i ever watch a match twice. So many good spots and story telling in that match.

Reactions: edge4ever

alexb

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
I just commented about this subject in a simillar thread, might as well do the same here since it's the topic on hand in this thread...

If they indeed add a special guest referee, the one and only option is John Cena. Not the Rock, Not Austin and most certainly Not the Undertaker; yeah, even heard that one which is just ludicrous. The Dead Man as a referee? Sigh...

Neither the Rock, nor Austin tie into this story, nor would it make any sense. It's well documented that Austin has no desires of any kind of return into a ring and the Rock has bigger fish to fry. If he's to come back for a possible Mania match, that would be against Triple H...

John Cena, on the other hand, does make a lot of sense cause Cena indeed can tie in with the storyline. Cena could somewhat screw Mahal, eventually setting up the already rumored title match. If Cena were to act and perhaps cost Mahal the match, aside from setting up the aformentioned match, it also gives Jinder a "pass" of sorts. Jinder basically's protected in defeat cause then he can just whine and complain about how he got screwed just when he was about to slay the beast and blah blah blah.

This way Jinder saves face, goes to do his thing in India and we can then move on to the Rumble and so on....

Mr. Roman Empire

The Game
Main Eventer
Reaction score
I just commented about this subject in a simillar thread, might as well do the same here since it's the topic on hand in this thread...

If they indeed add a special guest referee, the one and only option is John Cena. Not the Rock, Not Austin and most certainly Not the Undertaker; yeah, even heard that one which is just ludicrous. The Dead Man as a referee? Sigh...

Neither the Rock, nor Austin tie into this story, nor would it make any sense. It's well documented that Austin has no desires of any kind of return into a ring and the Rock has bigger fish to fry. If he's to come back for a possible Mania match, that would be against Triple H...

John Cena, on the other hand, does make a lot of sense cause Cena indeed can tie in with the storyline. Cena could somewhat screw Mahal, eventually setting up the already rumored title match. If Cena were to act and perhaps cost Mahal the match, aside from setting up the aformentioned match, it also gives Jinder a "pass" of sorts. Jinder basically's protected in defeat cause then he can just whine and complain about how he got screwed just when he was about to slay the beast and blah blah blah.

This way Jinder saves face, goes to do his thing in India and we can then move on to the Rumble and so on....

Cena as ref would work for storyline reasons. He could block the Signh Brothers from getting involved to screw Mahal. But I would also enjoy Stone Cold handing the little Bastards a couple stunner instead.