WWE consficating Zack Ryder signs- ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
So recently at the WWE RAW taping in London several fans had Zach Ryder fans taken away. I luckily didn't have mine taken off me and I'm mad to read about it.

Why, when someone is getting credibly over do WWE decide to do this. The guy earnt the right for people to carry signs for him, and to take it off the fans is a punch in the face for Ryder....I think the WWE are jealous that Zack did it on his own...

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I could understand if the sign was for a guy from another company or even a guy from Smackdown since you just want signs promoting the RAW roster. But I can't understand why people can't bring signs to promote a guy who is on the RAW roster at a RAW show. Will just give Ryder more publicity and hopefully fans bring more Ryder signs and get them into the show. Fans need to start some Ryder chants on the show as well.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Someone with some power must have a problem with him, someone is getting over and you decide to not go with it? WTF?

So Steve Austin was someone who got over on his own and Zack Ryder can't? Must be someone with some power who isn't a fan.

The_RB_Brand

Reaction score
WWE's problem is that they only want the ones they want to be over w/ that fans to have fan signs...WWE hasnt done a Ryder push n him having fans show open public show made WWE go "wait a minute, thats not the person we are pushing over to the crowd" n with in there lyes ur answers. WWE only wants u to cheer n support the wrestlers they want u to chant for...just vise versa w/ the ones they want u to boo n diss

SpectreVLV

Reaction score
I really don't understand this either. WWE NXT partially revolves around the fans' support of the rookies, but fans cannot voluntarily support a RAW star who tries to rise on his own? They could at least push him to the secondary title scene/midcard. Yeah, this is absurd and part of the dirty politics that we see from time to time.

Chase

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes3
Favorite Wrestler
05chlfC
The sign said Zack Ryder= Ratings, and if you watch this episode of his youtube series he will admit it himself he does not equal ratings. I mean I am pretty sure you can walk in with another sign, but I think they did not want that type of sign up at there event, especially since it was visible to almost everyone.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
This sort of thing has been happening all thoughout wrestling history, like I have heard stories of putting working with Hogan in his eighties heyday who have started to get over big time and threater his spot, so they have put the breaks on that guy. It is a sad fact of WWE, and yes it does baffle me, surely management should see it as a plus if someone starts getting support by himself, it means they can take adventege of it without having to do much.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
I don't know why people would be paranoid about tehir spot like the 80s, since the 80s were all about the paydays for PPVs and merch, now everyone has guaranteed contracts. WWE is the draw itself now, but ofcourse the higher on the card you are, the better the contract. But it doesn't make sense for WWE brass to think someone getting over is a bad thing. Just doesn't make sense.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
If the Zack Ryder fans can't get their signs in they just need to be wearing his shirt to every event to get it on television. Once WWE start selling the WOO WOO WOO headbands they should start appearing everyone. Hell some of his fans should just try to get some chants going during the show.

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
It is kinda funny that a guy is getting over and they don't want it to happen but Vince loves money so like Troy said if his merchandise starting selling it would be a different story.

Lucky

Reaction score
How they arent giving this guy a push right now is ABSOLUTELY beyond me.

Behold, your Internet Champion, Zack Ryder.

WWWYKI

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
He has done everything that you could want from a guy that isn't being used. He has made his gimmick his own and has taken it to another level on YouTube. He is gaining a huge following online, 100k+ viewers in less than a week is around 2% of RAW's audience and 3.3% of Smackdowns audience. Plus that figure is growing with each video.

Lucky

Reaction score
There was that one guy in the front row tonight who had like 3+ signs devoted to Zack. Broski of the week for sure.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Haha great that he got the signs into a PPV. This is right infront of WWE's eyes and all they need to do is start booking him on RAW, start selling his headbands and start showing his videos on RAW or at least plug them.