WWE confiscating 'Albert' signs at RAW

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

BrockLesnarFanForLife

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
At Monday's RAW SuperShow at the Verizon Center in Washington D.C., WWE had arena security confiscate signs referencing Lord Tensai's past characters—Prince Albert, Albert and A-Train. The signs were taken away prior to his match against Yoshi Tatsu. During the bout, the crowd could be heard chanting "Albert," which Michael Cole and Jerry Lawler did not acknowledge.

While Cole referred to Lord Tensai as a returning WWE Superstar in his RAW SuperShow debut last week, there has not been any specific references made to any of his former personas on television. However, WWE.com has acknowledged that he previously competed as Albert and A-Train before "embarking on a journey of self-discovery in Japan."

^Lol omg are WWE serious? taking away signs of his old name. Whatever happened to freedom of speech? and WWE claim they care about the fans yeah right

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
They should acknowledge it tbh, the whole gimmick is a past WWE star who honed his craft in Japan. So show his lack of success as A-Train then show him as a present day monster and it could help him get over so much.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Kill Steen Kill said:
They should acknowledge it tbh, the whole gimmick is a past WWE star who honed his craft in Japan. So show his lack of success as A-Train then show him as a present day monster and it could help him get over so much.

You forgot. #wwelogic

Saylor

Champion
Reaction score
Website
www.wweforums.net
It quiet easily could be heard. I sometimes don't understand the WWE and the decisions they make, it's pretty poor.

Rysenberg

Legend
Reaction score
If WWE actually acknowledged the crowd they would be so much more successful. When Daniel Bryan gets great reactions at Smackdown surely your immediate thoughts are to respond to them by giving him a push? No, lets just block them out and pretend it never happened.

I'm going to go nuts on Monday if they block out some of London's chants.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
They probably will butcher some chants, Vince has plans for people and if things don't go the way he plans hell is usually to pay. Even if going with the natural flow is going to make him richer.

Rysenberg

Legend
Reaction score
Kill Steen Kill said:
They probably will butcher some chants, Vince has plans for people and if things don't go the way he plans hell is usually to pay. Even if going with the natural flow is going to make him richer.

Just look at a couple of weeks ago, that Miami crowd helped make that Raw the best that I've seen in my time.

That crowd made him a buck or two as well - YES! YES! YES!

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
WWE is wrong, but the fans aren't 100% correct also. I agree, if they paid, they can write on signs and chant whatever the hell they want, but they should also respect the performers. I don't think Matt Bloom welcomes this very well, wrestlers normally take their gimmicks very seriously. Sounds a little disrespectful, uncaring and smarky IMO.

If the YES chants stop because they're always taken out on editions, it's going to be pure bs, and I'll laugh a lot when WWE doesn't have any stars because when they had an obvious chance to push someone they killed their momentum.