WWE Confirms Dean Ambrose Will Undergo Surgery

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crimson

Reaction score
Dean Ambrose recently suffered an injury to his right arm, and Monday night on Raw, WWE had Samoa Joe, Cesaro and Sheamus assault Ambrose as a way to write the injury into the storylines.

WWE officially announced the injury after Raw, and now WWE.com is reporting that Ambrose may have torn tendon in his triceps, and he’s set to undergo surgery tonight.

“An MRI has shown suspicion for a high-grade triceps tendon injury, possibly a tear, so he is undergoing surgical exploration and most likely surgical repair of the torn triceps tendon,” WWE Senior Ringside Physician Dr. Chris Amann told WWE.com. “That surgery will be happening later this evening, and we should have some further updates either later tonight or tomorrow morning as to what the findings were, what the structures that were damaged were, and also a timeline for recovery.”

At this point there won’t be any update on how long Ambrose is expected to be out of action until the surgery is performed, but it doesn’t sound good.

Recovery time following surgery for a triceps tendon injury can typically take anywhere from four to six months which could potentially cause Dean Ambrose to miss WrestleMania next year.

But as Dr. Chris Amann noted, it’s not confirmed at this point that he has indeed torn a tendon in his triceps, so stay tuned for updates.

Crimson

Reaction score
I'm so sorry to hear that. But fortunately we won't get to see that Rollins vs Ambrose match at Mania that nobody wanted to see again.

Rollins deserved better.

Reactions: Grievous 3D

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
And the wrestling Gods continue to shit on the Shield Reunion...

First the mumps & now an elbow injury to Ambrose...

Life just isn't fair sometimes.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Ambrose is injured? Damn, that sucks.

I think this is like his first injury since signing with the company and he's also the guy who has worked more house shows than anyone else this past year or so. So, with that said, have a speedy recovery, Ambrose!

Reactions: Nikki Nitro

Zany Clowny

AvrilWasRight,EverythingIsSoComplicated
Reaction score
Might be good for him to be off TV for awhile, come back fresh and motivated. I don't care for Ambrose much, never really did. If he can get back to being like he was originally in the shield, he'd be the best guy on the roster atm.

SWL

ur booty is heavy duty like diarrhea
Hotshot
Reaction score
Surprisingly, the more safe worker out of the 2 gets injured.. but 6 months is heavy man. It's always sad to see someone get injured right before Mania season starts. Maybe this gives them a better opportunity at turning him heel once he's back

Reactions: Grievous 3D

RedDwarfTechy

WWEF's Resident Hologram
Reaction score
He could come back and have a massive run. But that's just a silver lining on some harsh news, get well soon Dean!

Nikki Nitro

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
Its all just entertainment. And scripted, but that doesn't mean that they are incapable of getting hurt. They're people just like us that are going to work and Getting Paid doin what they like to do. I wish Ambrose best of luck and a speedy recovery.