WWE.com to live-stream special announcement Monday at 12 p.m. ET

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
I didn't even think of that. At 110k, the Arlington Fire Dept was close to wanting to shut the damn place down, but Jerry talked them out of it. Even without the standing room seats, adding in the field level, that's gotta be 115 tho, right?
Could very well be depending on how they do the seating on the ground level. You figure the stage would obstruct some seats at one end of the stadium, but how big does the entrance facade REALLY have to be when there's a ginormous 80-yard-long display hanging above the field? You could scale it down like they did at WM19 and jam a fuck ton of people in there.

Weez

Reaction score
Yes, exactly!

And I'm all for this. Especially living 20 minutes away? I'm ALL OVER THAT SHIT lol

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Yes, exactly!

And I'm all for this. Especially living 20 minutes away? I'm ALL OVER THAT SHIT lol
Yeah I'm originally from Seagoville. What area are you in?

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
I'm in Burleson. It's about 20 mins south of Ft. Worth.

Yeah I know Burleson. A little south of I20. It's practically the Ft Worth equivalent of my hometown lol

Always good to meet fellow Metroplexers.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Yeah they're totally gonna have it in the New York area 2 years in a row :argh:

Surprised Dallas isn't getting it at Cowboys Stadium. It's by far the most incredible stadium on planet earth and seats more than enough people for this kind of event. The Superdome proved at the Super Bowl this year that it's becoming unreliable. New Orleans is an amazing town, but for production value nothing beats Cowboys Stadium and it's located in a much larger metropolitan area.

Believe they tried to host it there but couldn't make the schedule work. Think the stadium was booked for when they wanted/needed it.

Just found an internet report on it:

Dallas Observer asked Dallas Cowboys spokesman Brett Daniels if WWE’s signature event, WrestleMania, will be held at Cowboys Stadium within the next two years.

He said, “We can’t host WrestleMania the next two years because of NCAA Regional in ’13 and Final Four in ’14. We’ve talked with them and gave it a shot but couldn’t make the schedule work.”

But anyway, yeah I expect this announcement to be for the Wrestlemania 30 location. Don't know what else it could be. If it was TV related, it'd be on RAW just 8 hours later that night. And these type of stars that are listed for this press conference are the type of talent you'd see at these kind of location announcements/press conferences.

Guess Rock is gonna be around for a few years, as it looks like he will be at WM30 in 2014 as well. Nice.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
It's already broke by Brees

- New Orleans Saints Drew Brees acknowledged the news of WrestleMania 30 coming to New Orleans's Superdome, writing on Twitter, "The word from the French Quarter is that @wwe is bringing @Wrestlemania to our house in 2014! #NOLA @MBSuperDome #WM30"

local news too on the radio, as he and the saints/hornets owner will be there as ambassadors for the announcement.

so with that said, IM GOING TO WRESLTEMANIA (bringing a taser and other weapons to Nola and not staying in that shit hole but I'm going)

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
It's already broke by Brees

- New Orleans Saints Drew Brees acknowledged the news of WrestleMania 30 coming to New Orleans's Superdome, writing on Twitter, "The word from the French Quarter is that @wwe is bringing @Wrestlemania to our house in 2014! #NOLA @MBSuperDome #WM30"

local news too on the radio, as he and the saints/hornets owner will be there as ambassadors for the announcement.

so with that said, IM GOING TO WRESLTEMANIA (bringing a taser and other weapons to Nola and not staying in that shit hole but I'm going)

Well if that is true Vince and co. will be pissed at them!

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
I'm sure they will. That said its a coup for the city and state, a coup for the owner. They seemed to want to brag as it was on q93 during the sports report. That said, I'd get being happy. It's a big get, makes e city look damn good especially after they got the Super Bowl and with Mardi gras tourism. I get the bragging, but yeah they shouldn't have spoiled it, Brees or the radio station.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
I don't get how it's a "coup" since these cities are hardly competing for a Wrestlemania, but whatever. Big events being held in that area isn't new and they've hosted more Super Bowls than any other city. I'm actually surprised it took them this long to get a Wrestlemania.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Well they haven't had a wrestling event in the superdome since WCW, New Orleans and Lafayette were WCW country. Baton Rouge was ECW country and WWF country.

its official btw as here's the article form the newspaper released today
WrestleMania 30 will come to New Orleans on April 6, 2014. A flagship event for followers of professional wrestling, WrestleMania is expected to bring tens of thousands of fans to New Orleans for a four-day festival that climaxes with a pay-per-view event at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome.

The official announcement will come at a Monday (Feb. 18) press conference hosted by New Orleans civic, sports and tourism leaders, and by executives from the media company, World Wrestling Entertainment, which organizes WrestleMania. A number of professional wrestlers are also scheduled to appear at the Superdome as part of the press announcement.

A press release, issued by WWE, highlighted the scope of the upcoming event, which is televised to more than 100 countries. The organizers reported that the 2012 edition of WrestleMania generated more than $100 million in economic impact for Miami and Miami-Dade County. The main event was staged in SunLife Stadium, home to the Miami Dolphins football franchise.

The economic impact study was commissioned by WWE. The study also found that the event attracted travelers from 50 states and that 70 percent of the WrestleMania fans came from outside the Miami area.

New Orleans Mayor Mitch Landrieu hailed the WrestleMania announcement in a prepared statement.

"We are proud to have played host to some of the greatest sports and entertainment events in the world over the past two years, and hosting WrestleMania is a great way to continue this unprecedented streak,” Landrieu said. “We look forward to hosting WWE and its global fan base as they celebrate this historic milestone at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome."

Stay tuned to NOLA.com for news and video from Monday's press conference, as well as a recap from Sunday night's Elimination Chamber PPV event.

zigglerHEEL

Reaction score
Well they haven't had a wrestling event in the superdome since WCW, New Orleans and Lafayette were WCW country. Baton Rouge was ECW country and WWF country.

its official btw as here's the article form the newspaper released today
WrestleMania 30 will come to New Orleans on April 6, 2014. A flagship event for followers of professional wrestling, WrestleMania is expected to bring tens of thousands of fans to New Orleans for a four-day festival that climaxes with a pay-per-view event at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome.

The official announcement will come at a Monday (Feb. 18) press conference hosted by New Orleans civic, sports and tourism leaders, and by executives from the media company, World Wrestling Entertainment, which organizes WrestleMania. A number of professional wrestlers are also scheduled to appear at the Superdome as part of the press announcement.

A press release, issued by WWE, highlighted the scope of the upcoming event, which is televised to more than 100 countries. The organizers reported that the 2012 edition of WrestleMania generated more than $100 million in economic impact for Miami and Miami-Dade County. The main event was staged in SunLife Stadium, home to the Miami Dolphins football franchise.

The economic impact study was commissioned by WWE. The study also found that the event attracted travelers from 50 states and that 70 percent of the WrestleMania fans came from outside the Miami area.

New Orleans Mayor Mitch Landrieu hailed the WrestleMania announcement in a prepared statement.

"We are proud to have played host to some of the greatest sports and entertainment events in the world over the past two years, and hosting WrestleMania is a great way to continue this unprecedented streak,” Landrieu said. “We look forward to hosting WWE and its global fan base as they celebrate this historic milestone at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome."

Stay tuned to NOLA.com for news and video from Monday's press conference, as well as a recap from Sunday night's Elimination Chamber PPV event.

interesting that he used the words "unprecedented streak" in his statement...... Undertaker foreshadowing?????

Chriss

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries2
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
So this was all about Mania XXX being in New Orleans? Unpredictable. 8D

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
WWE held a press conference on Monday afternoon from the Mercedes-Benz Superdome in New Orleans, Louisiana.

After much speculation, New Orleans mayor Mitch Landrieu announced that WrestleMania XXX will take place on Sunday, April 6, 2014 from the Mercedes-Benz Superdome.

WWE's Senior VP of Special Events said that Axxess, the Hall of Fame Ceremony and WWE RAW will also take place from the city of New Orleans and an estimated 125,000 people will decent and participate in the WrestleMania XXX weekend festivities.

The official was also revealed, which you can check out below:

20130218_Light_WM30_Generic_HOMEPAGE.jpg
I was going to post a run down of what was said at the conference but there was absolutely nothing noteworthy, so instead I give you the logo which I think is pretty fucking slick.

Mick Donalds

Banned
Reaction score
How many fans are going to get murdered in NOLA when they get too drunk in the French Quarter and go wandering, lol?

All in all, kind of dissapointing. Should have been Cowboys Stadium in Dallas. That tron is frickin' ridiculous..