WWE.com teasing a 4th Shield member

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
KO really isn't good enough to be by himself ... I know Cesaro could excel by himself if pushed. Maybe take wade out the singles division and pair him and KO since wade basically ripped his gimmick anyhow

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
I don't think they should add a 4th member to The Shield. In my opinion they are too far along now and the chemistry is great between them because of how close knit they are being a three person trio. Keep it that way. I can't see a 4th member and it wouldn't feel the same.

ALTHOUGH I wouldn't mind Lesnar here and there.

Twist of Fate

Reaction score
I'd rather not see Punk lead another faction but he is literally the only connection to The Shield that has ever been teased

You know, I'm partly concerned that it won't even matter to WWE if an actual connection has already been established or not, or even what that connection was in the first place.

Remember half the clues they would tease people with each week with the Anonymous GM (e.g. him "not liking Bret Hart" amongst other "clues") only to completely ignore that and make it Hornswoggle? Or I vaguely recall there being some kind of huge plot-hole regarding the whole C.O.O. storyline involving Vince (perhaps someone remembers that part more than I? I recall there being a strong contradiction that annoyed a lot of people).

Whatever the case, my point with it is, the creative team or perhaps the higher ups in WWE aren't always committed to or concerned with whatever details have been established when deciding what they want - there's a chance they could come up with some mediocre last minute excuse just for the sake of adding someone to the group, or even just go the simple route of simply adding someone without a real reason or proper motive.

Honestly with that in mind, I hope they just leave it as is for now. They kind of work better as that outside faction and there'd really be no need to change things at this point in time. There's a lot more they can stand to do as is.

Last edited:

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
True, they can always pull any reason they want out of thin air. But I'd really prefer if they were more careful in The Shield's case. It's already a skeptical choice to give them a hidden leader figure and it seems like another one of those things where it's only done for the sake of an upcoming angle and the writers don't actually have plans for the new group two months later, so Shield turns into the standard rookie faction before fading out. Maybe I'm a little paranoid but it seems like a reckless decision.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Honestly I thought it was Ryback as soon as I saw this article. I was convinced he was going to join them last night when The Shield circled the ring until they attacked him. I don't think they need a 4th member either, but I wouldn't mind as long as the 4th guy was someone who hasn't had a run yet, someone fresh. I wouldn't like it if someone like Punk or Orton joined because he would totally steal their heat.