WWE.com teasing a 4th Shield member

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Since stalking their way onto the scene, The Shield has fast become a force to be reckoned with in WWE. But is there actually a fourth Superstar working for their destructive cause?

It would certainly stand to reason. Historically, many successful factions — including D-Generation X, The nWo, The Corporation and more recently The Straight Edge Society — started with a core group of members before inevitably expanding outward. And if it’s true that addition will be the natural course of events, then anything is possible. Certainly, there are several candidates that fit such a profile.

WWE.com: Is there a mysterious fourth member of The Shield?
Their possibilities were Lesnar, Big Show, Swagger and Henry.

Anyway, this is a pretty odd article to say the least because there's been absolutely nothing on TV (to my knowledge) to indicate that there's another mystery member lurking or that they even need one for that matter given they're undefeated.

I know the website often puts articles up just to get people talking or to throw out 'What If' scenarios but this one just took me back given nothing indicates there is.

Just before I submitted this, it came to me that I hope to god this isn't CM Punk's route back onto the show..

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
I don't know about this. I'm digging Dean Ambrose as pretty much their leader. I was thinking back around Wrestlemania, Orton taking them over would have been cool but Ambrose is just doing such a good job that I wouldn't fuck with that.

punk13

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
therock2
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
lita2
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
I have a feeling this will Ruin the shield. Why bring in a 4th when they are awesome as a trio.

Killz

Reaction score
This article is very strangely timed but equally the WWE.com guys seem astronomically removed from the creative process and don't seem to have much communication with other departments. Ryback said in a recent interview he believes the "Goldberg" chants stemmed from an article WWE.com put up unbeknownst to him or those working with his character directly comparing him to Goldberg. It does appear WWE.com is trying to become a middle man between discussion promoting articles you might see on here and the news site/information site it has been for so long.

Regarding the article it was quite interesting although relatively short. The latter made me think perhaps it IS a creative tease to get it into the back of our minds, let it escape our thought, and then bring in member number 4/leader in 1-2 months time or something like that.

As for what they suggest the Punk/Heyman stuff always fit to me and I thought that's where it was all inevitably going. I'd quite like it to be Punk so he can revert back to his anti-hero type, fourth wall breaking, "time for change" babyface because it was a character people rallied behind before HHH and Nash got involved plus with the group it would feel marginally fresher than just rehashing the gimmick. They could all use the rub too. Having said that I don't think they really need it. Ambrose should break out as your legitimate star, Rollins is your second tier/tag-team champ kind of guy in the short-term and Reigns could go either way so whilst they've all got major potential; leave them be.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
I'd rather not see Punk lead another faction but he is literally the only connection to The Shield that has ever been teased, if they choose to go through with this angle. I really like how The Shield truly operates as a unit with no singular head of the group, it really sets them apart from the other factions we've seen who all have a leader.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
If they ever add a 4th member just needs to be another guy from developmental not somebody already on the roster but I think it is in their best interest to keep it as a trio than expand on it since that always starts fucking up groups. Doubt Punk is gonna comeback and lead the group or anything since if they were going to do that it would have already happened.

Edit: and yeah that is another reason why I don't more members add it or a figurehead since it has been good to see a group that truly doesn't have a leader.

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
I've always felt Ambrose was pretty much the leader and the one that will have a lengthy career in WWE when the Shield runs its course.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
What happened to everyone thinking Orton was gonna turn heel and be that guy.

IMO, I'd prefer not to add to the trio, they work well enough and although lacking a big name, I think once you start adding guys to a small group the temptation is to keep doing it. Look at how the nWo went, then every stable since. Half of WCW was a Horseman at some point.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Think it popped up because they are facing Taker.

If there was a 4th, I would expect a NXT member like Hero as Reigns or Rollins tag partner full time

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
I could see how in the beginning their could have been thoughts of a Leader but they are doing well to get over as credible heels as a threesome and I don't feel they need that established guy. I wouldn't read to much into this, but I wouldn't be stunned if that's how they proceed, i just don't see the point now.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
I won't lie I thought it was Orton at mania

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
I woudn't really mind a 4th person to be honest, but only if they didn't come in as the new leader. Having someone like Punk lead the group would take too much attention away from the other three. One thing I like about the Shield is that they're three new guys who each get the same amount of attention, there's no need adding an established name to the group.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Please no established people, me personally I'm happy and love the SHIELD as a 3-sum but i wouldn't be mad if OhNo was the 4th guy.

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
I would rather Ohno was by himself or aligns himself with Cesaro when he gets promoted. The Shield are awesome right now and WWE hasn't fucked them up yet which has surprised the hell out of me.