WWE.com List: 30 Best Big Men

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
20140306_Giants_LIGHT_HP.jpg

The bigger they are, the harder they hit. At least that's true of the 30 men on this list. From towering giants to earthshaking behemoths, these Superstars possessed the type of uncommon size and superhuman strength only seen in comic books.

What makes a giant? For the purpose of this list, we looked at Superstars who broke either of these two thresholds — they had to stand 6-foot-8 and above or bust scales at more than 315 pounds. Many of them did both. All of them are destroyers.
Here's the full article if you want to read about each individual superstars: http://www.wwe.com/classics/classic-lists/the-30-best-big-men-in-wrestling-history

30. Kamala
29. Haystacks Calhoun
28. Big Daddy V
27. Don Leo Jonathan
26. "Crusher" Jerry Blackwell
25. Bubba Ray Dudley
24. One Man Gang
23. Giant Baba
22. Abdullah the Butcher
21. King Kong Bundy
20. Big John Studd
19. Umaga
18. Sid
17. Rikishi
16. Diesel
15. Bruiser Brody
14. Earthquake
13. Big Boss Man
12. Blackjack Mulligan
11. Mark Henry
10. Gorilla Monsoon
9. Stan Hansen
8. "Big Cat" Ernie Ladd
7. Yokozuna
6. Bam Bam Bigelow
5. Vader
4. Kane
3. Big Show
2. Andre the Giant
1. The Undertaker

Thought this was a fun list to look through. There's guys I think should be ranked higher like Umaga and Diesel but I rarely agree with WWE.com list anyway. Discuss your favorite big men and how you would rank them.

Last edited:

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
list isn't as bad as i though it would be, for me i would Vader in that three spot and move Hansen up a tad more. Glad guys like Bruiser Brody, Umaga and Bossman made the list as well.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
No killer kowalski? Bullshit!

punk13

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
therock2
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
lita2
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
My 3 favorite big men are on it Taker/Diesel/Big Boss Man

It's a pretty good list imo.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
I still have Kane over Big Show personally but Taker is obviously 1. Was shocked to see Bubba make it and Test not be mentioned

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
I know the guy was in excellent shape but I would have thought that Brock would have been included on this list.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
I know the guy was in excellent shape but I would have thought that Brock would have been included on this list.

Good point, depends how you are judging the term 'Big man' seems like WWE are judging it by size and weight, more then muscle.

Chris summed up my thoughts pretty well. Boss Man and Bigelow should have higher, Vader would have been my number one, Show in the top three is crap, but its a strong list.

MaNonTheMoon

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
theshield
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker2
Think Batista missed the cut because he was only 315-320 Lbs for like, the first 2-3 years of his career.

But the list looks pretty decent. Would have had Vader and either Monsoon or Yoko in Kane and Show's spots, but that's just me.

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
themiz
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
paulheyman
Kane not #1? I am disappoint. Umaga (If you could call him a "big man") should have been higher. Test didn't even make it, which is complete bullshit.
*reads list again*
Kamala only #30?! WTF?

The best big guys are the ones who could move in the ring. (I'm just thankful Khali didn't make it for precisely that reason). Kane was probably the best 7 foot-ish guy to ever lace up (No, I'm not forgetting Taker. He'd fit nicely in the #2 position.)

As far as not so tall but just "big" Umaga was a deceptive athlete. That 300 pounder could pull off shit you'd expect from a Steve Blackman or a Jeff Hardy. A definite #3 in my book.

Test was a mediocre athlete, but for a big guy, that's still makes him better than most on the list.

Last edited:

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Kane DEFINITELY should have been replaced by Yokozuna. I can understand putting Show up there with all the work he personally does for the company (granted, I'm sure others would have done it as well had they had the opportunity). Can't really hate on Taker being #1 over Andre. Andre was used sparingly, whereas Taker had a run where he worked more dates than anyone. People tend to forget about that with his minimal appearance schedule now and being granted a Mania match regardless of what he has done all year. That's not a knock at Andre either. Territory days were wildly different. Also, Andre didn't have to do much to get over... just be himself and win battle royals. Taker on the other hand had to overcome a gimmick, and then made that gimmick span through eras where gimmicks were shit on, and he got over despite having something that should have been buried right away.

I don't have a problem with the list for the most part though. 30 is a lot so very few got left off, but the order isn't all that bad tbh.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
Andre was surprisingly agile, and had one of the best dropkicks I have ever seen anyone near his size do. Vince was the one to limit him, slow him down, and most people remember him post WM3, where he was broken down, and could barely move on his own, hence the Mega-Bucks pairing.

And don't get me wrong, I am a huge Undertaker fan, but Andre should have been honoured in the #1 spot, and I have no doubt Taker himself would be happy just being "the best big guy, behind Andre"

Schmidty

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
bobbyroode2
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
albertodelrio2
Favorite Wrestler
bige
Favorite Wrestler
sheamus2
Yoko should be number 3 tbh.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
I think in terms of staying on top and being over for a longer spell and performance wise it should be Taker. But when you consider some of the iconic moments and feuds involving Andre, and also how unique his character was at the time then I can see a strong case for him also. Don't forget also he crossed over into the main stream in a way Taker never has, PRINCESS BRIDE ANYONE!!!

Don't agree with you on Test AN. He had promise but was very inconsistent. His problem was he never was a dominant big man or a great all rounder but somewhere in the middle.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Batista and. Brock were big, but they were billed as like 280-290lbs most their runs. I get that, and assume its why Sheamus isn't on the list either.

I have less problems with big show just because he is a trend setter in history. He's the only guy to win the wwf, WCW, ECW, and world title. He has a had a great career overall

Last edited: