• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Clash of Champions WWE CLASH OF CHAMPIONS 2017 PREDICTIONS!

MildlyUpsetGerbil

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Here's my predictions:

1. Mojo Rawley def. Zack Ryder.
2 AJ Styles (c) def. Jinder Mahal after the twins backstab Jinder.
3 Baron Corbin (c) def. Bobby Roode and Dolph Ziggler by pinning Ziggler. They'll do Roode vs. Corbin one on one at the Rumble.
4 Charlotte Flair (c) def. Natalya because Charlotte almost always wins.
5 Rusev and Aiden English def. The Usos (Jey and Jimmy Uso) (c), The New Day (Big E, Kofi Kingston, and/or Xavier Woods), and Shelton Benjamin and Chad Gable because the tag titles are hot potatoes.
6 Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn def. Randy Orton and Shinsuke Nakamura because the Canucks aren't leaving the company any time soon. I heard someone say that Orton will betray Nakamura, so I guess that could happen too.
7 The Bludgeon Brothers (Harper and Rowan) def. Breezango (Fandango and Tyler Breeze) because Breezango winning PPV matches is about as common as the Undertaker doing a 450 splash.

Reactions: Grievous 3D

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
1. Mojo Rawley def. Zack Ryder.
Yeah...Mojo would benefit more from a win than Zack at this point...

2 AJ Styles (c) def. Jinder Mahal after the twins backstab Jinder.
Whatever gets Jinder out the WWE title picture the fastest...

3 Baron Corbin (c) def. Bobby Roode and Dolph Ziggler by pinning Ziggler. They'll do Roode vs. Corbin one on one at the Rumble.
I'd honestly rather have Roode win the title & make it Glorious...as much as I want Corbin
to be a success...he just isn't isn't good enough in the ring yet in my opinion.

Plus if Roode wins the belt...he can feud with Jinder in the mid-card.

4 Charlotte Flair (c) def. Natalya because Charlotte almost always wins.
You know people say that about Charlotte...but honestly 2017 hasn't been "CharlotteWinslol"
Basically after she dropped the belt the Bayley on RAW she spent the next couple of months
putting over Bayley, Sasha & Nia before being drafting to SmackDown and basically being
underused until just recently. Since being on SmackDown she has been "defeated" by
Tamina, Becky, Natalya 2x & was only recently pinned by Ruby Riott.

Charlotte isn't as highly protected as people think she is...

But yeah...Charlotte wins & moves into a feud with Ruby Riott while Natalya
goes and feeds her cats or something like that.

Carmella can keep the briefcase till Wrestlemania as a "Get out of Jail Free card"
for the possible women's matches on that card.

5 Rusev and Aiden English def. The Usos (Jey and Jimmy Uso) (c), The New Day (Big E, Kofi Kingston, and/or Xavier Woods), and Shelton Benjamin and Chad Gable because the tag titles are hot potatoes.
Well that & Rusev deserves something after all the bullshit booking he's been through
this year...especially after Summerslam.

6 Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn def. Randy Orton and Shinsuke Nakamura because the Canucks aren't leaving the company any time soon. I heard someone say that Orton will betray Nakamura, so I guess that could happen too.
An Orton heel turn would be great...plus I just want Shane McMahon
to go away and Owens/Zayn to actually feud with some wrestlers.

I have a few ideas that could fix all of this...
~ Let Sheamus have some time off to work on his neck...
~ Trade Finn Balor & Cesaro to SmackDown for Owens & Zayn...
~ Owens & Zayn (with Samoa Joe) can then feud with the Shield...
And...
~ Balor & Cesaro can be put in the World title picture with Styles
& Nakamura...and Shane McMahon can get the fuck off my television.

Problem solved & everybody wins...

7 The Bludgeon Brothers (Harper and Rowan) def. Breezango (Fandango and Tyler Breeze) because Breezango winning PPV matches is about as common as the Undertaker doing a 450 splash.
And now all I can think about is the Undertaker doing a 450 Splash
and its amazing...but yeah...Harper & Rowan should win.

Last edited:

MildlyUpsetGerbil

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
You know people say that about Charlotte...but honestly 2017 hasn't been "CharlotteWinslol"
Basically after she dropped the belt the Bayley on RAW she spent the next couple of months
putting over Bayley, Sasha & Nia before being drafting to SmackDown and basically being
underused until just recently. She being on SamackDown has been "defeated" by Tamina,
Becky, Natalya 2x & was only recently pinned by Ruby Riott.

Charlotte isn't as highly protected as people think she is...

But yeah...Charlotte wins & moves into a feud with Ruby Riott while Natalya
goes and feeds her cats or something like that.
I don't usually watch the weekly shows. I didn't know what this card was gonna look like until I went on Wikipedia. My gut says that Charlotte's destined to look really, really strong, therefore she is going to look really, really strong here.

Plus if Roode wins the belt...he can feud with Jinder in the mid-card.
I'd rather not have Roode face Jinder given Jinder's inability to put on matches above "okay" tier. Main events should never be "okay" matches.

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
I don't usually watch the weekly shows. I didn't know what this card was gonna look like until I went on Wikipedia. My gut says that Charlotte's destined to look really, really strong, therefore she is going to look really, really strong here.
Oh...no worries...and my Bae always looks strong...

*Sigh*

Wait...were we talking about?

I'd rather not have Roode face Jinder given Jinder's inability to put on matches above "okay" tier. Main events should never be "okay" matches.
That's why Jinder feuding in the mid-card would be better...
keep him away from the main event.

TheprofileofJericho

The Artiste
Reaction score
Mojo vs Ryder - Mojo just turned heel so Ryder ain't winning shit, as usual.

US title triple threat - I really want to see the title on Roode, but its too soon for him to win it. Corbin probably, but maybe Ziggler. The only reason I say that is because his contract is expiring soon, so maybe they will give him the title to keep him with the company, it's not like they haven't done that before. Still I think Corbin retains here, and Roode beats him for the title down the line.

Fatal 4 way for the tag titles - Usos should win here and continue their great reign. In my opinion they are currently the best tag team in the company, so I don't see them losing the titles in such a throw away match.

Charlotte vs Natalya - Charlotte stopms. As far as Carmella goes, I expect her to cash in at, or after Wrestlemania

AJ vs Jinder - Just don't see a reason to give Mahal the title back, especially after he lost to Triple H in his "home country". AJ needs to be the champion going through Wrestlemania, and that's it.

Owens and Zayn vs Nakamura and Orton - Owens and Zayn win thanks to either Orton or Daniel Bryan. I think that one of these two will turn heel. Expect lots of ref bumps in this one.

Not that hyped for this show, but it could be decent overall.